ysbreker

Minecraft

I think im starting to go through withdrawals.

you think you are bad? imagine how those poor guys in Chile feel!

Nearly there. By the way, the new server will be running the old world, until we decide whether to reset or not.

Nearly there. By the way, the new server will be running the old world, until we decide whether to reset or not.

Correction: the server lives. ysbreker wasn't able to save the config for the server, so if you see a setting that needs to be changed, let me know. Also let me know if the performance seems awful or anything.

It may be a little slow, I'm compiling Python 2.7 to try and get that mapping tool working.

Edit: It's probably not going to happen. The prerequisite list is a little nuts, and I don't have time to build everything it needs right now.

Edited by tabacco

I installed and used that mapping tool on my PC but I had trouble getting one of the pre-reqs to work with python 2.7 so I installed 2.6 and its fine.

I did have trouble getting the command line to understand my output directory so I just used "."

I'm fine with people not liking pixel stuff. It's the dismissing it as "easy" or "lazy" that I'm not cool with. Working out how to do it in a first person interface was fun and as difficult as any other structure I've made.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if elmuerte were my kid, he'd be up for adoption, and if I were his kid, I'd be legally divorcing him.

While Tabacco is fixing the new server I can let you all download the latest save of the world. So you can play with it in single player if you want.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8326218/minecraft/worldBackup.zip

Thanks!

I'm running the google maps mapper tool thing on the backup of the server data now. Do you want the output putting somewhere so people can browse it?

To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised this hasn't happened before.

With the amount of raging internet douchebags who think forking over 10/13 euros/dollars allows them to own Notch's soul, I'm fairly surprised no-one has gone "FUCK YOU, MAKE THE GAME OR YOUR SITE DIES" before now.

Meh. Internet. It's full of fools.

Edit: My earlier thoughts hold true, but it seems it isn't an attack.

Also, on the first post about it being an attack (before he figured out it isn't), the comments are, for once, less filled with rage, and more filled with Star Wars jokes.

. . .What?

Further editations: It was an attack. I remain amused.

It seems any gnarly teenager can launch DDoS attacks nowadays.

ARRGGHHH it is down again. It is always down when I want to play. :(

Edited by Kingzjester

Courtesy of Kingzjester, we have a very friendly donation page up and running! http://minecraft.idlethumbs.com - All contributions go toward helping to pay for the server. For reference, it currently costs me $30/month, but ideally I'd like ot be able to move up a tier for more CPU/RAM for $40, and donations could help make that happen :)

Cool, sent a little and will do it monthly.

I take it that URL still works to connect to the server in Minecraft too?

The googlemap render completed and looks awesome!! I started uploading it last night but then I checked the size. It's over a gig!!

I'm crushing the PNG's now to see how much smaller I can get it..

kaneda, if you can get the filesize down a bit maybe Doug can host it on the minecraft.idlethumbs.com page as well?

kaneda, if you can get the filesize down a bit maybe Doug can host it on the minecraft.idlethumbs.com page as well?

Cool :) The png crusher is STILL running! I have no idea how long it is going to take... will let you know.

Courtesy of Kingzjester, we have a very friendly donation page up and running! http://minecraft.idlethumbs.com - All contributions go toward helping to pay for the server. For reference, it currently costs me $30/month, but ideally I'd like ot be able to move up a tier for more CPU/RAM for $40, and donations could help make that happen :)

I have just donated 10 of those $ things that you seem to use over in the other place that's not attached to this place. Hope it helps.

S.

Cool :) The png crusher is STILL running! I have no idea how long it is going to take... will let you know.

Hmm, this all sounds like extra incentive to not run it on the same box. If you put it somewhere I can rsync the files from, I'm happy to host the final result though.

Also, thanks to all who've donated! I may add some sort of 'thank you' section to the donation page in recognition of your sacrifice :)

Also, thanks to all who've donated! I may add some sort of 'thank you' section to the donation page in recognition of your sacrifice :)

I, personally, would like to thank all of those who chose to die instead of donate.