ysbreker

Minecraft

I created a message board at the community chest; we can use it to leave messages. Please leave the signs at the message board, just erase the message when you're done.

post-814-13375603255636_thumb.jpg

Just got back from a weekend of rollercoasters and horseriding. Renders will be going up in a minute as soon as I have downloaded the latests map backup and rendered the maps.

Edited by ysbreker

We should throw these into communally editable goog maps thing, so that we can put in landmarks and whatnot, maybe. Feasible?

Hmm, the minecraft site server is down and I can't log in to the multiplayer game. Looks like the game does an authentication lookup as it boots...

balls! My lovely cave will have to wait. :hmph:

Hmm, the minecraft site server is down and I can't log in to the multiplayer game. Looks like the game does an authentication lookup as it boots...

balls! My lovely cave will have to wait. :hmph:

It has been up and down all last evening and this morning. Still working things out, it would seem.

We should throw these into communally editable goog maps thing, so that we can put in landmarks and whatnot, maybe. Feasible?

Using your own custom tile set; yes, it should be. I've not done it personally though.

I made a giant D to advertise my presence. Started work on a bridge out to a suspended abode above the ocean.

(i'm dibkins on the server).

Progress update on the Cathedral: I finished the second half of the walls, put a roof on it, and currently busy with putting glass in the windows.

ToDo:

- Adding details to walls and columns

- More lighting

- Building a balcony at the highest point of the tower

Pictures:

post-104-13375603256098_thumb.png

post-104-13375603256898_thumb.png

post-104-13375603258001_thumb.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=580&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1285588871

Come on people.... harvest the reed. We need it to create enough books to fill the cathedral up to the roof with books :P

i harvested it tice. i only took the top 2 bits so that they didn't have to be replanted. is that right?

I've done it twice. I know your mad water-building skillz are impressive and all, but it would be neat if the waterflow around the papyrus sent all the chopped bits in one direction, so that you can cut it all down in one run, and then just go to the end of the line and wait for all the reed bits to flow to you—or maybe have them fall through a hole and wait for you in a pool in the shop below. Then one person can be chopping down reeds, and another can make them into books in the shop.

I've done it twice. I know your mad water-building skillz are impressive and all, but it would be neat if the waterflow around the papyrus sent all the chopped bits in one direction, so that you can cut it all down in one run, and then just go to the end of the line and wait for all the reed bits to flow to you—or maybe have them fall through a hole and wait for you in a pool in the shop below. Then one person can be chopping down reeds, and another can make them into books in the shop.

amish_people.jpg

Bear in mind I have yet to play the game on a proper server.

but it only takes 15 seconds for a single run, just hold the left mouse button and keep walking the route keeping the cursor in the middle.

also... my mad water skills only apply to still water, I haven't figured out how to create proper flowing water that can travel that distance.

ps, the still water trick works as follows:

+-+
|w|
+-+-+
|x|w|
+-+-+

w = "unlimited" water

x = dirt

Dig away x (must be a max of 1 level deep) and it will become still. The trick is that x must get "unlimited" water from at least 2 sides.

You cannot flood an area to get still water. But you can speed up the process a bit:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| | | | | |w| | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|x|x|x|x|x|[u][b]x[/b][/u]|x|x|x|x|
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| | | | | |w| | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The empty squares are 1 level deep. So, in this situation you would have flowing water. When you dig away x it will become still. Then when you dig away and x next to it, it will also become still, and you can continue than until the whole segment is still water.

When you dig away x it will become still. Then when you dig away and x next to it, it will also become still, and you can continue than until the whole segment is still water.

Assuming the situation is more like this, actually:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|y|y|y|y|[u][b]y[/b][/u]|w|[u][b]y[/b][/u]|y|y|y|
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| | | | | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

First you kill the Xs, then you can do the Ys as well, starting with the underlined ones and going out.

As for how to control running water, it is a bit easier. It will go horizontally for about five or so blocks, then you have to drop it a level. I'll play with it a little later, if you don't mind.

Assuming the situation is more like this, actually:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| | | | | |w| | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

As for how to control running water, it is a bit easier. It will go horizontally for about five or so blocks, then you have to drop it a level. I'll play with it a little later, if you don't mind.

Wow, that still water trick would have been handy earlier. I did something similar but I didn't know it would become still by itself so I put buckets of water there very quickly after digging out x. Like a checkers board.

I believe water travels for 7 blocks before you have to drop a level.

Someone go to a university with schematics and the presumed rules and ask them to figure out these math problems.

My creations. Some fine tuning, lighting and stone underpants to go. oh, and there is trees growing on the man's hand.

MC.jpg

Took a bit longer than expected But I finally uploaded last night's render. I know that some shacknews people use some kind of annotate-able map website. I'll try to find the URL and make a version of our own.

This is starting to look pretty cool.

Where is Toblix's cave by the way? We should totally destroy that traitor's property!

This is starting to look pretty cool.

Where is Toblix's cave by the way? We should totally destroy that traitor's property!

The grey rectangle sticking out of a hill east of my castle.

I seem to have a zombie problem in my cave system, I have walled them in for the time being but having opened up a few caverns there are a lot of dark spots. Also there is much gold ore, redstuff ore and lava, so if anyone fancies helping themselves get stuck in...

take a left at the skull, past the burning bush and keep walking, you'll see my mine entrance in the sheer cliffside.