ysbreker

Minecraft

reduce your draw distance

Yep, on far it constantly crashes. On normal it crashes far less but is still prone to flipping out.

dungeon.png

the first dungeon from the first NES zelda game.

looks like shit from the ground but it's not bad from the sky. it's out by the Link statue if you want to take a look

Oh, hah, I didn't realize the link statue was in on the thumb server. :tup: Fun times.

If anyone missed it yesterday, we have music!

I just remembered to post the screenshot:

attachment.php?attachmentid=587&stc=1&d=1285886677

Only whoever puts the record in can hear it though. It will keep playing to the end of the song even if take out.

post-74-13375603263773_thumb.png

You know what perturbs me most about our server?

If we were the tireless, indomitable gods we are in MineCraft, and this community had an island of its own somewhere, this is probably what I would be walking around in.

Every other server I've visited has this sort of. . .forced coherency/atmosphere, that I really don't like. But if I walk up the beach from spawn, I find the marina. If I take a right from that, stonehenge 2.0 sits proudly in front of some crazy Mayan temple with a sign to the right that proclaims another mans domicile.

Entry to this domicile grants me a view of a nautodrome and in the distance, odd structures of unknown origin.

Our server feels lived in, and that makes me happy.

(Also, Pirate, get your sign off my mountain! :P)

I apologize for the double post, but I want to keep my previous idea separate from this.

So this is a couple days off, but it's our latest render. Marked in Paint (I lack Photoshop, hence the horrible ghettoness of the editing method), is the general idea of where I'd like to expand this city.

th_TheGhettoFiles.jpg

Inside the walls are now filled with a city of sorts. A staircase goes up to the two smaller squares in the back, where the keep has yet to be built. Something to do yet.

Here's the thing though. The marked area, I'd like to fill with huts/smaller town houses, etc. Expanding around the mountain and down to the shore, where it'll eventually be a docks area.

Now, everyone else is likely too busy, but. If you'd like to, before you log off for the day, add a building to the outskirts of Tanagra, I'd love the help. (Timber, his arms wide. :eyebrow: )

The end result is to have a communal city and to that end I offer my cramped, shitty buildings inside the city walls for free claim and use. First come, first serve. Only the City Barracks, The Horsebag,the Forges and the keep are not up for renovation. Everything else is. Anything you build without the walls, is obviously yours.

The city is fairly bland currently, but I consider it a good use of my insomnia. The blandness partly comes from the lack of amenities in MineCraft, and the other from the lack of brick. :(

Do what you will in pursuit of my dream, but keep it interesting. Oh, and leave a gap in front of the 'gate' as wide as the gate for a thoroughfare.

(Now I have to go set up the fireplace in The Horsebag, and hope it doesn't roast the floor.)

Also, I've pilfered a fair bit of our supplies for this (most of the wood and a ton of the cobblestone) so I'll be going on a giant mining/deforesting trip soon. We should turn it into some sort of horrible event in which we act stupid and obliterate the world for an hour.

Edit: Tanagra as it stands now. I would have liked to grab a night shot, but the sun just came up as I got back in game (my 'net went out for an hour) and I can't be assed to stay up long enough to get a really good shot.

Tanagra.jpg

Edited by Orvidos

i have a ton of rock in my chests in my now destroyed house and also inside my pyramid if you want.

i have a ton of rock in my chests in my now destroyed house and also inside my pyramid if you want.

Wiiiiill do.

Sidenote: Listening to the Nutcracker Suite after going near on fifty four hours sans sleep, is. . .bizarre.

since you are sleep deprived and open to suggestion, you can also mine some of the stone inside my pyramid if you want:P just leave the constructed walls, glass and earth alone!

I've found 5 dungeons so far but only one record :(

I'll help mine some cobble if I get on today. I used up my massive stores making the pavers for that dungeon.

If anybody has any other specific requests while I'm digging around let me know.

I've found 5 dungeons so far but only one record :(

I'll help mine some cobble if I get on today. I used up my massive stores making the pavers for that dungeon.

If anybody has any other specific requests while I'm digging around let me know.

Other than Iron which would be really helpful, some buckets of lava would be nice...

Other than Iron which would be really helpful, some buckets of lava would be nice...

there's a ton of pools at the bottom of my mine. i'll be glad to grab some.

Pft, fuck the shack. They have a million people. Anyway, the new "textured" snapshot doesn't show anything that I've made. :tdown::getmecoat

I just uploaded the renders of yesterday. Today's renders will follow soon.

Also: We still got some work to do. This is a render of the shacknews minecraft server: http://box.nevernet.com/~djr/mc/angle.png

hah, I love that some smartass decided to walk north for a few hours and expand the map in ridiculous ways

wait, does it say "POOP" in the bottom of the bathhouse? :colbert:

oh, also, ysbreker made a nice tree garden near the spawn. you should harvest and replant it if it needs it, because we always need wood

Edited by a purple future

I left something huge (about 200x50 blocks) somewhere on the map.

We'll have to wait for a new map render to see it, and know where it actually was.

I made an enormous statue, it's behind the Thumb, follow the path through the D. Best viewed at normal draw distance (or higher) at day.

You can get on top through a ladder hidden at the backside.

Man, I've been postponing playing the game for a few days now, and now that I sit down to play, the server is borked—but it is not even the usually borked server, but a whole new one. ;(

Man, I've been postponing playing the game for a few days now, and now that I sit down to play, the server is borked—but it is not even the usually borked server, but a whole new one. ;(

I just restarted the server. Can you connect now?

Thanks! What kind of an arrangement do you have? Like a private box or some dude who sublets minecraft servers, how does this work?