toblix

BioShock Infinite

Infinite's gone gold. God I love pictures like this

Big picture

Where's Ken Levine? I can't find Ken Levine. There should be a Ken Levine. Maybe I'm just blind.

Ken Levine!

It's even sort of surprising to me. They've apparently hired a ton of people since I left. 2K Marin and 2K Australia are both working on it as well.

Looking forward to last-minute Australia references (even if they screwed up the Australia Day code in Bioshock and made it 01/26 instead of 26/01 like an Australian date).

Speaking of, I'm kind of hoping the American exceptionalism parts of the game aren't particularly overt and it mostly focuses on racism and Elizabeth's treatment, because I generally end up having issues with American treatments of American exceptionalism. This may be a vain hope given that there's an American flag right on the cover, and maybe Infinite will tackle it and succeed where so many others have failed (but I doubt it).

Congrats Nick on Dishonoured Bioshock Gone Gold Day (Gold Game Gone Gold)

I play along, but honestly i don't even understand what i've just written

There's a Dishonoured Australia Day referrence in there (January 27th).

I really should have made a Happy Bioshock Australia Day thread

Hm? That's what I'm trying to say: it's just common sense to wait for reviews before buying anything, regardless of the hype.

Whoops. I was focusing on the "There just isn't any reason to not buy it the week it's released" part of your post and missed the "once everyone's gotten a chance to play and review it." bit.

Just ignore the fact that I quoted you. That post is still an accurate reflection of how I have felt about the game since it was first announced.

New of a season pass has just come out (And Kens getting a lot of abuse about it on the intertubes)

It's the first and probably last season pass I might actually consider buying. I would like to know what I'm getting first though.

3 single player chapters would be fantastic, and considering the game has tears in space and time. The can go anywhere and anywhen, the possibilities are endless (as long as you are shooting people in the face)

But I will not be buying it if its a load of weapon skins and shit.

With this season pass you get the per-order booster pack which is just a load of weapon skins and cheat modes which they can shove up there ass. I want a balanced game, not free money and health packs and a damage boost perk.

Would Ken ever revisit old ground? How about traveling to rapture before the downfall. He did just tweet any true bioshock fan would be very excited about the DLC he's working on. Maybe I'm thinking to literal, maybe it's a drill hand for booker (barf)

Ah crap I thought this came out the end of february, just looked up and remembered it comes out in March >:I

Yeah, the 26th.  Also, the pre-purchase rewards on Steam are nice for people who either: 

A.) Haven't played BioShock or have a friend who hasn't played BioShock  

B.) Haven't played X-Com or have a friend who hasn't played X-Com 

C.) Really fucking love hats.

I really love hats. and theyre not unlocked yet...
Please people buy bioshock, not 'cause it's a great game, but... because i want some more TF2 hats.

*taps wrist*

I really love hats. and theyre not unlocked yet...

Please people buy bioshock, not 'cause it's a great game, but... because i want some more TF2 hats.

*taps wrist*

I think this is an unacceptable attitude. Who cares about hats? I want you all to pre-order Bioshock Infinite so I can have a free copy of X-Com.

Hmmm let me google

Oh yeah, the original reveal handyman had a huge tash, like a circus strongman. It's the facial hair or lack thereof that is throwing me for a loop. Actually just googling looks like there is going to be many different types of handyman

Or maybe there is just one very overworked Handyman, and he has to run back and forth through the game, pretending to be different people with his fake mustache that he is constantly applying and removing. And every time you meet him he's trying to talk with a different voice and it's obvious he's the same guy and you call him out on it and he breaks down crying because he's doing the best he can and he used to work with a lot of other amazing Handymen but budget cuts and work-related injuries (being killed by the player) have left him as the last guy, and it's a lot of pressure, and you can press "Z" to feel bad and comfort him and get the good ending and press "C" to execute him and the game becomes easier because you eliminate that enemy class but you get the bad ending.