toblix

Batman: Arkham City

Yeah, the PhysX works, I suppose.

Also I shouldn't have said it doesn't work for nVidia cards, I just checked the forums again. It doesn't work for anyone.

So that's cool I guess.

Ok, what the fuck is going on? Now this game also disappeared for my region in Steam. Also for Ukraine. Seems to be the same fucking shit as with Skyrim. I'm really being pushed towards piracy here... haven't taken the bait yet.

Ok, what the fuck is going on? Now this game also disappeared for my region in Steam. Also for Ukraine. Seems to be the same fucking shit as with Skyrim. I'm really being pushed towards piracy here... haven't taken the bait yet.

:hitler::buyme::chaste::buyme::hitler:

Erkki

I can't for the life of me figure out how to properly use the gadgets. After you select it, how do you use it? Whenever I click Batman just punches.

Well, this sucks. I own the Steam version, but it won't let me install or play because the game is unavailable in my region. Don't I "legally" own a "license" to play the fucking thing?

Well, this sucks. I own the Steam version, but it won't let me install or play because the game is unavailable in my region. Don't I "legally" own a "license" to play the fucking thing?

Yes, it's crap. But it's outrageous that it's still unavailable for you after you bought it. I thought the ones who already bought it when it was available would still be able to install and play it.

Also, Skyrim is impossible to buy locally or digitally it seems. They say there are distribution problems with it all over Europe and it may come in 2 weeks.

And Steam has made it unavailable here just like some other Bethesda Games and Arkham City. I only wonder if more games are going to follow.

Erm, what? Has anyone given a reason why they have been pulled (?) from Steam?

If you want Skyrim, you could try Gamesplanet.com, it's where I bought it (cheaper than any where else digitally at the time), and they are the digital arm of GAME in the UK so it's perfectly legit. I used them to buy DOWII in the past for £5 and they let me download it from them or use STEAM so it depends on the game, but for Skyrim they just send you a CDKEY that you put into STEAM.

As for Batman... I got it free so I'm not going to complain too much but I can't get it to work nicely with GFWL. If I login to my account my screen suddenly gets 2 frames per second (in the menus!) but if I use an offline account it's silky smooth!? So now I disable DX11... try again, and this time - bizzarely - it works when logging in to an online account, everythings looking good, press start game, get greeted with a blank screen... everything still works, can hear music and GFWL pops up when I try and ALT+F4 my way out. But no actual game. :erm:

I had already forgotten that this game uses the piece of shit that is Games For Windows Live. :( I had such a horrible time with it when I first tried to play Arkham Asylum.

Shame to hear about the other bugs as well.

Oh, I should have mentioned. Don't use the DirectX 11 functionality of the game. It's straight up broken at the moment, and a patch is "on the way".

Er... So Steam allowed you to buy the game, but they're not letting you install and play it? What's that all about? Is there some massive internet uproar about this? Surely what they're doing is kind of illegal? Have they offered you a refund?

Otherwise you could just download it, really. Is it piracy if you already bought the game? Sounds fucked up either way.

Otherwise you could just download it, really. Is it piracy if you already bought the game? Sounds fucked up either way.

I've always taken the opinion that if you own the game/have payed for it, you simply do. Hence my downloading the DX:HR pre-build when I had already pre-ordered it. The problem in this situation is GFWL.

I've been playing a bunch of the PC version over the past 2 days. Hasn't given me any trouble. I've barely touched the story, honestly. They're still telling me things like "Use your grappling hook" in tooltips. That said, I've put about 6 hours into side missions by now. It's pretty damn fun, although the story is honestly really painful to watch happen. Dialogue too. Really, it's a great game with a great atmosphere and HORRIBLE story/acting (apart from Joker and [to an extent] Penguin). Catwoman is particularly awful, and makes me feel creepy for playing a game with her in it. It's pretty rare that a game makes me feel voyeuristic in it's intro mission. The very first thing I did in this game was run forward with Catwoman, do a knee slide, and laugh like an idiot because within 30 seconds of starting the game I was literally staring down her cleavage. The coworker sitting next to me and I cracked up creating fanservice moments over and over, but if she hadn't been beside me and I'd just been seeing that in my dark bedroom I would have felt really uncomfortable. Problematic is probably an understatement.

That said, the model for Two Face is fucking great, so props to Rocksteady for that.

Just picked up my collector's PC edition. Ultimate lameness: the OST is a piece of paper with a redeem code :/

On the plus side, the box also contains a piece of paper that has a picture of the plastic batman in the box and the text "SHARP POINTS" and lines pointing to the sharp point :tup: So I must try if those points are actually sharp :)

Bethesda should have done the same with the dragon statue ;)

The art booklet is acceptable, although some notes in the concept art are difficult to read.

The box itself gets a :tdown: What a terrible construction.

For a while there, I thought they only included a picture of the statue and not the actual thing. That would have been awesome.

You should not have winamp running while installing this game. Because it will prevent the prompt for disc 2 appearing. So much for listening to the sound track while installing it. I think. Or it simply takes a ridiculous long time.

Also, the OST isn't original music, but licensed music. :tdown:

So far this game is great. I like how Rocksteady starts with the games, instead of just getting right into the action or getting a more or less non interactive opening cinematic it's a bit of both. The city is quite large, and I already got lost within 45 minutes. But now, back to Skyrim ... or maybe Arkham City...

ps, the game runs fine on my system and I do have a nVidia card.

Er... So Steam allowed you to buy the game, but they're not letting you install and play it? What's that all about? Is there some massive internet uproar about this? Surely what they're doing is kind of illegal? Have they offered you a refund?

I never received the refund offer.

There were some threads about the issue on the Steam Arkham City forums. I think somebody just fixed it - the game started downloading when I fired-up my Steam client just now. But still, the fact I couldn't play my damn game because of some ass with power who lives in the 20th century said "No" is kind of - I forget the word. It means "Bit scary for the future" and starts with the letter "F".

The very first thing I did in this game was run forward with Catwoman, do a knee slide, and laugh like an idiot because within 30 seconds of starting the game I was literally staring down her cleavage. The coworker sitting next to me and I cracked up creating fanservice moments over and over, but if she hadn't been beside me and I'd just been seeing that in my dark bedroom I would have felt really uncomfortable. Problematic is probably an understatement.

Don't know if it was just me either, but on that first level; crawling around on the floor kicking up those posters and watching them get caught around her body and flap about realistically combined with those ruffling sounds was an interesting couple of minutes too... the animation, sound and physics of the clutter was genuinely impressive!

ps, the game runs fine on my system and I do have a nVidia card.

Are you playing in DX11? I read about Gwardinen (and for that matter everybody elses) DX11 problems but I did the typical "ah it won't happen to me" approach. Eventually got it working in DX9 after a couple of restarts - don't know why it blacked out on me in the beginning.

Stability has been weird for me. I've never had a problem once the game actually starts, but twice the game has crashed to desktop while doing the "checking for downloadable content" thing loading up the main menu. If I can get through that, solid as a rock. I'm also using Nvidia stuff, DX11 turned off.

I didn't mess around with the settings, so I was using the defaults. Just checked in the options, and stuff is on high, but DX11 stuff is off.

If you can only get one game this year, you should get Arkham City, as it contains the gameplay of a billion games.

Sounds good. I think I will make this a priority since I've really had to cut down on gaming lately for lack of time. Whereas I used to want to sample everything, now it's only the really choice cuts that make it into my machines. What a weird mixed metaphor that is. I'm really happy about it.

Started playing it. Got it from JonCole as he had an extra digital copy to gift. Thanks, man!

I accidentally started in Hard mode and noticed it later when loading a saved game. The first fight with catwoman was pretty hard and I couldn't even follow the tutorial (I've forgotten the controls since Arkham Asylum) because I had to counter all the time. Took me 5 attempts or so to get past that.

Then I tried Normal and it was a piece of cake. Is the first fight indicative of the rest of the game? The next couple of fights with Bruce seemed easier. I want a bit of a challenge, but I don't want to spend the game retrying again and again. What should I choose?