toblix

Batman: Arkham City

Why does Catwoman even have a zipper on her jacket if she's only going to zip it up 3 inches so her boobs can hang out. Ugh video game people...

It's a fair complaint, but you might be mistaken for directing this at video game people. Designing women to look this way is an extremely comic thing to do.

We're talking about dudes that went from this 2127965600a60072c16b1.th.jpg to this 212718835302049c0d8cz1.th.jpg

I can only imagine the conversation for that cover art.

"Well it's okay, but it needs more cleavage."

"Shit yeah! Motion seconded!"

"All opposed?"

*Silence*

"Motion passed! Next order of business..."

Yea, catwoman's outfit is lifted directly from the comics. Apparently it does zip up when shit gets real or something. I have to admit though, I do like the original artist's work in general.

But if the character will be all covered up, why make it a woman in the first place?

I just can't approve of a cat woman that reminds me of Halle Berry's disaster.

I just can't approve of a cat woman that reminds me of Halle Berry's disaster.

So you don't like to laugh?

The "leaked" images look great!

Catwoman looks like a sex object, but that's pretty much typical comic book female character alright.

Redesign of Harley looks interesting and I like it and it's of course much in the same way of Catwoman, but to me still doesn't look as good as it could be. I can't quite say it, but Harley Quinn could look even better.

Two Face on the other hand looks perfect!

Edited by Kolzig

Harley's new design along with one of the pics might imply that she's no longer a villain.

She does look less disturbed, but she's also posing with a load of villains in one of the shots. If anything, I'd guess she and Batman have to grudgingly work together for part of the game, blah, yadda.

But if the character will be all covered up, why make it a woman in the first place?

Thank you for the belly laugh :clap:

So it seems Hugo Strange is the top villian, just like in the upcoming Nolan film, Dark Knight: Erection.

4Ays_ZW7kNE

It took me a while to decide if this was CG or FMV, and while the game probably wont look that good, it's still impressive.

Since I'm slowly growing more and more sceptical of Dragon Age 2, this is quickly becoming my most anticipated title of the 11.

So it seems Hugo Strange is the top villian, just like in the upcoming Nolan film, Dark Knight: Erection.

4Ays_ZW7kNE

It took me a while to decide if this was CG or FMV, and while the game probably wont look that good, it's still impressive.

Since I'm slowly growing more and more sceptical of Dragon Age 2, this is quickly becoming my most anticipated title of the 11.

Modern FMV is CGI, or at least I'm fairly sure it is.

I really hope the combat is deeper than the first game.

Not related to the game, but the facial animations and the rendering on the guy being interrogated are nothing short of fantastic :eek:

I really hope the combat is deeper than the first game.

From what I've read, the combat system is one of the things they're really looking to improve on from the first game:

Batman may be forced to fight through inmates using an improved version of the combat system from Arkham Asylum, allowing for multiple simultaneous counters, reactions to thrown objects, and the use of all of Batman's gadgets within combat.

We're talking about dudes that went from this 2127965600a60072c16b1.th.jpg to this 212718835302049c0d8cz1.th.jpg

Catwoman reboobed? I hope they make her vulnerable.

Catwoman reboobed? I hope they make her vulnerable.

Yep, she better be invulnerable. Like a real person.

Couldn't resist. Sorry.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

As long as she is a head shorter than all the men. Like a real woman.

I finally bought Arkham Asylum (I'm not paying more than 8 euros for these low budget games, god damn it) and to my slight surprise I'm enjoying it immensely. I usually find these kind of "dark" games too distressing for me – I am, after all, a sissy – but the phasing has been excellent so far. I really like how the game lets me do the detective stuff and discovery at my own phase without constantly throwing morguefuls of enemies at me, and I do hope this will be the case later on as well (will it?). What is more, the game runs smoothly on my laptop at medium settings and still looks pretty nice. I really need to find my gamepad, though.

So yeah, I am now actually looking forward to Arkham City, unless the 85% of the first game I am yet to play proves too scary or frustrating for me, in which case I will demand my money back and will never buy another product from Rocksteady or Eidos again.

So yeah, I am now actually looking forward to Arkham City, unless the 85% of the first game I am yet to play proves too scary or frustrating for me, in which case I will demand my money back and will never buy another product from Rocksteady or Eidos again.

Er. . .have you reached the Scarecrow bits yet? (I can't really tell from 85%, as it's been a long time since I've played, so I just have experiences, not a distinct memory of X at Y time.)

It pretty much remains awesome through-out, to me.

The last scarecrow encounter is the best :)

I'll bet there isn't a single one of you that didn't yell "fuck" or similar when that encounter started :)

Er. . .have you reached the Scarecrow bits yet? (I can't really tell from 85%, as it's been a long time since I've played, so I just have experiences, not a distinct memory of X at Y time.)

It pretty much remains awesome through-out, to me.

I quit before what I think is the first one of them. I think I can manage those bits if there is time to get my pulse steady afterwards. Are they actually frustrating or just scary?

I quit before what I think is the first one of them. I think I can manage those bits if there is time to get my pulse steady afterwards. Are they actually frustrating or just scary?

Not in the slightest frustrating if you've got an IQ over 5 (or the ability to know how time works if you do).

Non-spoiler answer to scary: How do you handle stress?

(The spoiler answer isn't horribly spoilery, but it will ruin a bit of the moment.)

The bit before the first encounter is very much a jump moment if you're easily psyched out, but Scarecrow is primarily a mess-with-your-perceptions than, say, Alma moments in FEAR.

Ok, I don't have a big problem with scares if the part is not overly frustrating (say, because of the controls).

And thanks for the tip. I will read Wikipedia article on time before I play that part.