Forbin

The threat of Big Dog

Those stilts may only be an inch tall for now, but just you wait:

Shishkebot!

Watching the stilts one, it's hard to believe that I'm not looking at a 3D model in a video project, but an actual robot with arms and legs, balancing and adjusting itself.

I wanna say this spider-bot above is "animated really well". I guess, in a sense, it is.

What possesses these people to not only make such potentially evil kill bots, but also to demo their creation with equally disturbing music? The bit where it swivels it's wrists around while some sort of rave music blares in the background just seems like it was made for our future selves to look back and think "How did they not see this coming?" as they murder and eat each other. 

Self assembling flying robots.

http://boingboing.net/2013/07/22/self-assembling-multi-rotor-d.html

...Next steps for the project will be removing the last vestiges of human control—currently a motion-capture system or an operator using a joystick has to provide a small amount of feedback to keep the system from drifting away. The hope is that the DFA becomes completely autonomous and increasingly versatile. “What I would love to see is in-flight reconfiguration,” says Oung. “Which I think is certainly possible with the current system.”

Look, humanity is doomed. Maybe we should just defect to the side that will obviously be the winners.

Nah, but this is pretty dope though I just couldn't think of any other relevant thread. Also the music in the video aboard just creeps me out. How can anybody watch this and not have the jarring effect of imagining these flying shapes of death murdering everyone juxtapose to the soft upbeat piano music?

Also: I attempted to embed the video an embarrassing amount of times and couldn't get it to work :| pro tipz plz?  

use the media tags!

[ media ] LINK TO YOUTUBES [ /media ]

Or just type the Youtube URL and the board should automagically detect them.

I'm coming to realize that I really enjoy futuristic fictional-universe adverts. This, the Prometheus teasers, the MGS4 PMC adverts; all gold.

Is your pet human leaving hair strands all over your recharging chamber? Install a vacuum chest unit today!