Hermie

Post your face!

post-5974-0-98522500-1409416170_thumb.jpg

aaaaand I don't have pics of me biking all xtremed out, but I have these sorta neat fake depth-of-field pics of my bike taken while traversing some unbikable sharp stairs in the Hill Country... they're just as good, right?

post-5974-0-25246800-1409416357_thumb.jpg

post-5974-0-60664500-1409416580_thumb.jpg

I had to replace all the ball bearings after that trip. Next time I'm gonna take a BMX with much smaller wheels...

EDIT: Argh, sorry I broke the site, I figured the forum would shrink these...

post-8096-0-46592500-1409425199_thumb.jpg

I'm the one not wearing stupid shades. I guess my face is entirely obscured, making this grossly inappropriate for this thread, but I liked it as a self-portrait.

post-8096-0-16339100-1409427107_thumb.jpg

This is me moments after turning thirty (or a little under an hour before doing so, depending on whether you're paying attention to time zones). In case you hadn't noticed, you can actually see my face in this one. It's a frame from a video, which is why it's a bit fuzzy.

Oh noes, I've been found out! DELETE THE INTERNET

The Internet has been deleted. Thank you for playing.

_SIC.png

Oh man, I had forgotted how much I wore my Seditious Industrial Complex shirt. I completely wore that down, I don't even think I have it anymore. At some point it was just worn to the thread. I loved that shirt.

aaaaand I don't have pics of me biking all xtremed out, but I have these sorta neat fake depth-of-field pics of my bike taken while traversing some unbikable sharp stairs in the Hill Country... they're just as good, right?

I had to replace all the ball bearings after that trip. Next time I'm gonna take a BMX with much smaller wheels...

EDIT: Argh, sorry I broke the site, I figured the forum would shrink these...

Weird, something about those pictures makes me think I'm looking at a miniatures scene that someone set up, not like an actual place.  I don't know if it's the slightly out of focus border or what.  At any rate, it's a cool effect and I like it.

Oh man, I had forgotted how much I wore my Seditious Industrial Complex shirt. I completely wore that down, I don't even think I have it anymore. At some point it was just worn to the thread. I loved that shirt.

I still have a box of them in the closet. The only reason I haven't worn out mine to shreds is that I have five of them in rotation ¬¬

Neat!  That's not something I knew about in the slightest (I'm pretty ignorant of photography in general), and didn't realize what Hoatzin was talking about with the fake depth-of-field stuff.

It's not tilt-shift exactly; it's a mode on the Android camera app that takes some depth info and semi-unwisely applies post-process blurring. It sometimes works and sometimes things have really awful chunky outlines. Works best with backgrounds that are not too noisy and it will never be as good looking as a proper lens.

Does that thing just slam your ass into bare plywood?

Yes a pretty hard rubber mat, i went twice. The kids didn't seem to mind, but i sure as hell felt it! Awesome slide though, it was like 2 stories tall, i had to go running after a 3 year old with no fear!