Thyroid

Monkey Island 2: SE

Why does all the dialogue have an echo?

EDIT: OH MY GOD THE LARGO GUY SOUNDS SO WRONG

And looks wrong too. He resembles a neanderthal with Elephantiasis.

On the other hand, I never considered that Dominic Armato's normal talking voice would sound like Guybrush. That's wierd and kinda cool.

This thread is like the No Mutants Allowed of adventure games.

Why does all the dialogue have an echo?

EDIT: OH MY GOD THE LARGO GUY SOUNDS SO WRONG

Absolutely.

It's interesting that they changed the script, too.

Xb1kh3eOnzk

I thought that trailer rocked. Largo's off, but the rest seems pretty good, actually! I love the developer's commentary and the updated music!

I thought that trailer rocked. Largo's off, but the rest seems pretty good, actually! I love the developer's commentary and the updated music!

Gotta say I'm pretty excited... I wish they'd hurry and give us a release date!

To be fair, LeChuck is amazing, and that's far more important.

:erm: Where?

Jeez, you know it's sad. Why must you get so emotional about this particular title? Why do you care if I say, "LucasArts is heaping pile of dung, and their remakes aren't good enough for me to vomit on?". I don't actually believe those things, but why would you take it personally if I did?

We used to get on fine, and I respect you a great deal, but now there's this new this subtext to your messages, and it just, well, makes me sad.

The fact that you know precisely what I'm referring to here (you posted a message about it on Mojo an hour before you posted this message), but instead try and draw it out on here...? Why? In an attempt to turn it into an argument? What happened, Kroms? Where's the love gone?

Can't we just agree to disagree?

To be fair, LeChuck is amazing, and that's far more important.

Someone on Mojo made the observation that his "zombie-fied" look makes you imagine a harsher/scratchier sounding voice, than the a smooth, booming one, but I do love Boen's voice.

It's interesting that they changed the script, too.

I haven't been to Mojo.

I haven't been to Mojo.

Ah, I think they just edited it for the video -- they cut two lines:

Elaine: You do turn up in the strangest places.

Guybrush: Er, hi Elaine. Do you think you could help me out?

*snipped*

I actually posted this here a few minutes before the Mojo forums. I forgot to edit this message accordingly. Not sure why the times on your side say otherwise (I can't compare since each forum has a different time zone going for it).

I'm not trying to pull your chain at all. I really, really am not. Like, at all. The love is all here! It's gigantic, like the heart of a 40 year old trucker whose got some junkfood-induced blockage.

I actually posted this here a few minutes before the Mojo forums. I forgot to edit this message accordingly. Not sure why the times on your side say otherwise (I can't compare since each forum has a different time zone going for it).

I'm not trying to pull your chain at all. I really, really am not. Like, at all. The love is all here! It's gigantic, like the heart of a 40 year old trucker whose got some junkfood-induced blockage.

Well then... Let's hug it out, you big lug.

Someone on Mojo made the observation that his "zombie-fied" look makes you imagine a harsher/scratchier sounding voice, than the a smooth, booming one, but I do love Boen's voice.

Except, unfiltered Boen has always been the "Zombie" voice, as that's how he sounded in the opening of Curse before turning into a demon, at which point they added weird vocoding.

Haha, interesting you posted that. For some reason this conversation randomly crept into my mind while I was laid in bed last night and it occurred to me that canonically it'd make no sense for it to be anything but regular Boen as the MI2 LeChuck. And I love it, for the record. ;

I still can't get behind these remakes. It's like they're trying to drag MI1+2 into the same universe as MI3+4+5, and they just don't belong together.

Sort of like when they try to remind me that "Obi-wan" in the prequels is the same "Obi-wan" played by Alec Guinness in Star Wars. I can't believe it.

Lets see, Paul Meegan is now the new president of Lucasarts.

He has mostly worked on Chinese "sweatshops" like Ubi Shanghai and Epic China, I didn't even know Epic had a Chinese sidebusiness. He was also at Ubi Montreal and at a company that Ubi owns.

Latest game credit says he was involved in the production of Fat Princess.

Edited by Kolzig

He has mostly worked on Chinese "sweatshops" like Ubi Shanghai and Epic China, I didn't even now Epic had a Chinese sidebusiness.

God damn Ubisoft Shanghai. They made the extra minigames games in Rayman 3 for gamecube and I still can't unlock one of them. I've tried e-mailed multiple people at Ubisoft if there's a possible bug or if there is someway they can describe how to unlock the last minigame on Rayman 3 Gamecube and instead I've only heard, "CHECK IGN.COM THEY ARE SURE TO KNOW," "I'm not sure I can help you or if it is a bug," and my favorite: silence.

Hooray!

Has he made an announcement yet? I have a feeling it will be along the lines of:

"I'm going to take LucasArts and build on its obvious strengths of strong IP, but also start development of exciting new IP, to take the company in a bold new direction."

ie. Blah, blah, blah.

One of the standout features was the Mystery Science Theater 3000-style commentary track from creators Ron Gilbert, Dave Grossman and Tim Schafer.

Silhouette caricatures of the three game designers appear onscreen when the player opts to listen to their thoughts on the creation of the game.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/06/monkey-island-2/

:clap: