Thyroid

Monkey Island 2: SE

I wonder how in the world the commentary will work.

Maybe an extra verb action, 'Reflect on the making of'. You click that on stuff in the game, and commentary might start up. If there's nothing for that particular hotspot or item, Guybrush just says 'There's no commentary about that tree' or 'Tim Schafer doesn't remember much about that crazy straw' or whatever.

Clearly the least clunky and horrible way of doing it... :)

I wish they would've put this much effort on the first special edition.

Chance to play the first one with original graphics and voices would be cool, and would've been cool to hear Ron's, Tim's and Dave's thoughts on the first game as well.

It was a big enough risk putting the first one out. Now that they know there's a market for it, they can put more effort into it.

It was a big enough risk putting the first one out. Now that they know there's a market for it, they can put more effort into it.

It's almost like the first game was sacrificed so that this one might live. (Or something.)

It confusing why they wouldn't want to put a ton of effort in the game the first time.

I think it only got by just for simple being The Secret of Monkey Island available again, not that the eyesore of the first SE did much in the way of meriting more art like that or an initial purchase for that matter.

Maybe they were ashamed by the sour reaction from the fan community. I dunno if Lucasforums or adventuregamers fell on their asses wowing at the thing, here people were somewhat nauseated.

Honestly, I loved the first special edition. I'm just glad it existed.

AdventureGamers completely loved it from what I saw, but they love everything.

Do they? I've always found them to be a little harsh and opinionated. They've given out only 4 or 5 full scores in their entire run.

The reason why I'm sad is because I've always liked the first one more than the second Monkey Island.

Do they? I've always found them to be a little harsh and opinionated. They've given out only 4 or 5 full scores in their entire run.

I just meant on the forum. Their reviews are sort of all over the place. I don't usually agree with any of them but the newly reviewed retro ones, where they tend to be harder on the older games that weren't really designed all that well in the first place. Not that those games are for sale now and a review would matter to much of anyone who's not browsing Ebay or an Abandonware site.

Edited by syntheticgerbil

Maybe they were ashamed by the sour reaction from the fan community. I dunno if Lucasforums or adventuregamers fell on their asses wowing at the thing, here people were somewhat nauseated.

You get harassed on LucasForums for saying you don't like the SEs, it's quite irritating.

It's almost like the first game was sacrificed so that this one might live.

"Monkey Island is Jesus." (idlethumbs.net)

If you guys start echoing the thread from LucasForums I will be sad.

Jake, go talk to someone who cares.

Kk, will not echo the thread. It's all pretty pointless anyways.

What I want is this game echoing itself onto my plate so I can eat it. :tup:

wtf?

It's a joke. Murray says it in Lair of the Leviathan's end credits: "Jake, go talk to someone who cares." I thought the line fit here. I'm not actually dissing or trying to insult Jake.

Is the thread at Lucasforums particularly negative? If so, allow me to counter by saying that I actually liked MI:SE and intend to unreservedly buy MI2:SE the second it is available to me. As someone who had played MI enough times to have the entire game path coded into their muscle memory, it was cool to have a new take on it, while at the same time very nice to be able to hit F10 whenever it got to be too much for me. I'm excited to have the same experience with MI2.