SoulChicken

Diablo III Wizard News!

In an clever attempt to draw attention away from the Infinity Ward dramarama and eclipse Valve's PR stunts on Monday, Bobby Kotick ordered Blizzard to drop a bombshell Wizard reveal.

I present to you the Male Wizard

ss72-hires.jpg

Click on this to see an ingame version of the wizard moving about a bit.

http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/wizard.xml

No pointy hat with moons and stars? Wierd.

I hadn't been to that site before and gleefully clicked through all the videos and stuff while I was there last night. I am so stoked to play this game. Are you stoked too?

edit: I just saw there is a lovely Diablo III thread already,sorry. This one is just about this recent Wizard news specifically then.

http://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5852&page=4

So John Romero turned out to be the wizard after all?

Anyway, I dunno, I think he needs a pointy hat, that guy seems like he has nipple rings.

But still excited regardless. The barbarian and female monk concepts have been my favorite so far.

I'm okay with this wizard design, though it's very warlocky. They should just have mocapped Julian Sands and then brought in Richard E. Grant for the super-secret wizard-hunter class.

I've just gone way too far into referencing an astonishingly poor movie.

That's bizarre, I stongly had the feeling I had already seen this picture. Which is why I didn't mark it as something new. Still, looks badass. Wizards are supposed to be rather roguish.

He should shoot lasers from his nipples. Then I'd be happy.

I just... thought he was gonna have a pointy hat, is all.

I think the bit that was new was the in game model, which you can see on the link or by looking down a bit here.

untitled.jpg

i somehow convinced myself that i'm not very interested in diablo 3 despite having played more diablo 2 than any other game since before i was a teenager to now. but watching those wizard videos stoked my game boner pretty bad.

Something just doesn't look right\fitting with my idea of the Diablo universe with that armor...

Not a huge fan of the concept art, but the in-game model looks decent. I think the female Wizard probably looks better though. Definitely the class I will be playing. :tup:

The wizard really looks like he just got yanked from the Stargate universe. There's probably a button to make his eyes glow white and make him talk in a super deep voice too.

Hahaha I got you all good, this is what the wizard in Diablo III will look like really, just like we all knew it would.

wizard5.gif

Edited by SoulChicken