JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

I did not play Knytt. Can you convince me with a description of what it actually is?

erm...

"""The Knytt was abducted by an alien! Traveling through space, the UFO flies into a meteor and crashes on a nearby planet. Luckily, the Knytt and the alien survive, but the UFO is a wreck. How can the Knytt possibly find its way back home again? Knytt is a free platform game for Windows featuring exploration, atmosphere, and infinite cuteness."""

It's a very adventurous platform game. A lot of traveling through the wonderful world to find some powers and items you need to get back home.

You can download it for free: http://nifflas.ni2.se/?page=Knytt

Screw it, I bought the bundle. There are worse things I can do than give $5 to the red cross. I'm interested in checking out Cave Story anyway, so why not get in on it now.

NightSky is a seriously good game where you roll a marble ball and solve physics puzzles. Better than Saira.

But on the topic of Humble Indie Bundle: I find it completely useless as I've usually already purchased the games I'm interested in before they make it to a bundle.

As a relatively poor person, I love the indie bundles because they offer games that I kinda wanted but couldn't afford when they came out. Hooray for me.

The Witcher 2 is 40% off on Steam right now, in the UK at least. These deals are usually worldwide, right? Anyway, if you haven't tried the Witcher 2 yet I recommend it. The recent 2.0 patch really helped some of the early game issues, so the only real problem I have with the game at this point is that the last act is a bit... abrupt. Still heavily recommended!

It looks like it's almost time for another Steam holiday sale wallet apocalypse. A bunch of games are updating with wintery achievements similar to the summer sale ones, so probably another ticket redemption type thing. And by some accounts, it's starting TOMORROW.

Considering this sale will end in 2012, it IS the wallet apocalypse!

I do hope Steam has a sense of humor and calls it "The End of the World sale"!:mock:

But should we really care about this sale? What could possible go on sale that wasn't in the Autumn one?:erm:

But should we really care about this sale? What could possible go on sale that wasn't in the Autumn one?:erm:

All the things.

It's really unfortunate, because on Steam I pretty much own everything I want to that they have in their system. As for the Humble Bundle, they're running out of cool shit that I'm even remotely interested in. They need to give it a break for a few months to let some new indie stuff come out.

What could possible go on sale that wasn't in the Autumn one?:erm:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations for one. Trine 2?

Also, Dead Island is on sale again today!

I can access it... most of the time, at least.

How is Singularity? My backlog is bogged up and I don't know if I should take up another game.

(Also, my backlog is exactly 69 and I like it like that. Tee hee!):woohoo:

EDIT:

This pic depicts how we feel about Steam sales perfectly...

Untitled-2-620x.jpg

Edited by Tanukitsune

I'm gonna go against the grain and buy BF3. It's a bit like a holiday sale if I buy a Russian key, isn't it?

I've been slowly allocating funds for the last month or so. And today I get my Christmas bonus, so fuck buying things for other people. I wants games!

It looks like they've temporarily disabled the gift/inventory system so that the store itself will load, at least.

The seasonal Valve celebration of crushing and guilt is upon us! I have already started celebration by helping murder the steam servers (crushing), and playing nothing but Dawn of Discovery for 3 months (guilt).

Has anyone here played Orcs Must Die or Edge? Are they recommended? I like these kinds of games, but my cup already runneth over with tower defense and puzzles.

Also, it is hilariously hard to find reviews of Edge. Googling just gets reviews of Tim Langdell's morality.

Edge is an ok pure puzzle game. But as so many pure puzzle games they bore me after a while.

The puzzles are not real thinkers, it's more agility and speed.