JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Got 9 now, but I tried to install Fate of the World only to discover that Steam's servers are "too busy"... :deranged: I guess everyone is taking Boxing Day to play these things, lol.

It's a day off in other countries? Lucky bastards!:(

I just got Sonic Generations in the mail and Steam sells it for a few Euros less.:tup::fart:

So.. Sonic. I have played none. Should I get Generations for 10 euros?

ugh... received 50% off coupon on hard reset (which is 50% off right now) and 50% off of alien breed: impact (which I already own, and it sucks, and is 50% off right now too).

I liked the summer ticket thingy way more than this system. After 15 unlocks I have absolutely nothing worthwhile to me.

Is Sonic Generations playable on a PC?

So.. Sonic. I have played none. Should I get Generations for 10 euros?

Honestly not sure. It does include the best things about both the 2D and 3D generations of Sonic games, but if you never played Sonic to begin with I don't know if it will hold up enough as a game.

I'm not even saying that as a leaning towards it won't sort of statement, I genuinely have no idea.

Is Sonic Generations playable on a PC?

Yes.

Honestly not sure. It does include the best things about both the 2D and 3D generations of Sonic games, but if you never played Sonic to begin with I don't know if it will hold up enough as a game.

I'm not even saying that as a leaning towards it won't sort of statement, I genuinely have no idea.

Yes.

I think that is enough for me. Sounds like Generations is a good place to start, and it's not that expensive (considering that I haven't spent a fortune on this sale yet).

Yes.

With keyboard? Or do I need a gamepad (or even xbox controller?)

I guess that means I don't have to try it out then? :mock:

I just did my fill of Xmas "Cheevs" and got a basketball manager game... Now I have TWO games I just can't rid of! :frusty:

A friend of mine who barely uses Steam went there because I told her a game she wanted was on sale, and she got L4D!

Can you win Bad Rats or Eternity Child? Because I'm sure one of those will be the next game I'll get.;(

So I've managed eight Steam objectives so far... How's everyone else doing?

14 objectives. Four coupons for worse deals than the current sale*. Five pieces of coal. Zero games. :shifty:

* 25% off Valve, 25% off 1C, 50% off Killing Floor, 50% off Sanctum.

With keyboard? Or do I need a gamepad (or even xbox controller?)

It is certainly possible to play it with a keyboard, but when you go into the game configuration with a keyboard it basically shows you mapping keys to a gamepad diagram. So how enjoyable it is to play with a keyboard I have no idea.

according to the internet it's a xbox360-controller/xinput game (like most these days), which sucks big time.

Gotta love how MS ruined the gamepad market by discarding directinput with a new xinput which can only be used by Microsoft.

according to the internet it's a xbox360-controller/xinput game (like most these days), which sucks big time.

Gotta love how MS ruined the gamepad market by discarding directinput with a new xinput which can only be used by Microsoft.

yet it's still one of the best gamepads, plus it works with both PC and 360. Hey why not support both of your platforms, particularly the one which gets you the most profit.

For your trading consideration:

- Puzzle Agent

- Achron

- Darwinia

For your trading consideration:

- Puzzle Agent

- Achron

- Darwinia

Oh, hmm. I'd be interested in taking Achron off your hands for my own use, but I've not got much to offer. Guess I'll get a couple of achievements done and let you know.

So steam really sucks these few weeks. I went ahead and bough Sonic Generations anyway, it will probably never get to 10 euros on PSN. Anyway... downloading it is a real PITA.

So anyone want to trade The Longest Journey + Dreamfall for coal or something else? Or coal for coal so that I can get more coal?

I feel horrible for this post.

So I have to trade:

Hoard

50% off VVVVVV (which is currently 75% off :shifty: )

33% off any Valve game.

Also some coal, but I'm feeling lucky with my coal (punk).

I wouldn't trade the coal, I keep getting terrible games which nobody wants.

You can get anything in a trade, a game or a discount, from what I've seen in the Steam trading forums, there are more cheap or bad games to be won than not.:tdown:

So I have to trade:

Hoard

50% off VVVVVV (which is currently 75% off :shifty: )

33% off any Valve game.

Also some coal, but I'm feeling lucky with my coal (punk).

Do you want Garry's mod or 25% off Stronghold 3 (currently 33% off) for Hoard? (i also have puzzle agent, half life, hl 2 ep 1, but I assume you have those)

PS. I started doing the game achievements, unfortunately I have very few of them installed and Steam servers are too busy to download the others :(

BTW Aren't those X% off things cumulative? e.g. if the game is currently Y% off and I have an X% off item, it would be (X+Y)% off?

BTW Aren't those X% off things cumulative? e.g. if the game is currently Y% off and I have an X% off item, it would be (X+Y)% off?

Most of the discount coupons are valid from January 2nd onwards. However, some are apparently valid during the sale as well.

The formula is likely to be (X*Y)% for those games. Or not.