CPIbGnBQcJY

:molyneuxsmall: is a bit full of himself

scifi writers have never written about this tech... what a bullshit, for example how about "Super-Toys Last All Summer Long", the short story which was the inspiration for the movie A.I.

And I also have my doubts on how this tech even works. Unless they've done really ground breaking research in the field of feature extraction in static images, voice recognition, mood detection, motion recognition, ... What if I drew a picture of locomotive instead of a fish, would it recognize that even though it is completely unrelated to the game's current context.

What if I drew a picture of locomotive instead of a fish, would it recognize that even though it is completely unrelated to the game's current context.

What if you drew Milo's severed head on a stick?

Seems like it could be a nice tech demo for natal. The way Wii Sport was a good tech demo to bundle with the system.

As a stand-alone game that people are expected to pay for ... ooooh, I don't know.

What if you drew Milo's severed head on a stick?
Will that unlock the "Ivan The Terrible"-achievement?

:buyme:http://media1.podbean.com/pb/c558198edebf0042ecdfaaf5f848a991/4a3fffe6/blogs/18103/uploads/The_Exploding_Barrel_Podcast_E3_0902.mp3:buyme:

I think Mike Minotti from the Exploding Barrel podcast sums it pretty well. If you want to listen to his rant, skip up to 23:35.

They're talking about the PSP Go there. Or am I missing something?

[edit]

Ah, it's this one

I agree Wurtsi, well done summary.

Edited by Commodore75

I'm sure it's been said before, but I just can't help but imagine what this video would've been like if they'd used a middle-aged man in place of that woman, or even Molyneux himself. "Hello there, son. I see that you and I are here together, all alone... Why don't we do some drawing? You'd make a lovely subject. Why don't you take off your shirt?"

Indeed, the fish will think you're a monster.

Everyone that's played this has felt the need to reach down and catch the goggles?

What a load of bollox.

There's not a chance in hell that that voice is computer generated. Both from an auditory standpoint in terms of clarity and tone of voice, but also from the level of sophistication in the dialog. There is definately a little boy stuck in a broom cupboard somewhere in Lionhead recording line after line of scripted dialogue.

That said, the fishing minigame and seeing Claire's reflection in the water was pretty cool.

That said, the fishing minigame and seeing Claire's reflection in the water was pretty cool.

The reflection is also a faster than Claire herself (at about 2:37).

But yeah, What a creepy little thing...

I think if I were 11 again, I would wish I was Milo so that I could get all the attention and care that Claire gives him. It would would have made my adolescent time period much nicer, except for being stuck in a flat screen TV and all.

The reflection is also a faster than Claire herself (at about 2:37).
Oh god, you're right. The ripple on the left starts before she even reaches out. The wishful side of me hopes that that's just the Natal camera being overenthusiastic about a minor movement it detected. The rest of me is not so charitable.

The wishful side of me hopes that that's just the Natal camera being overenthusiastic about a minor movement it detected.

That's actually my biggest concern about Natal in general. "Whoops, I'm trying to scratch an itch on my knee and the game thinks I'm throwing my F1 racer into neutral..."

If you watch her at 2:42 it looks like she actually waits for the ripples to appear before she commits to putting her hands in. This whole video is very :shifty:

THE BASTARD. Also, binary choices are in. Personality points are also in. Hand-waggle is IN! WOOP!

Cynicism aside, I think it could be cool, but we'll see. Molyneux has the tendency to make things sound way more advanced than they actually are.

He also mentioned that game will be evolving itself through some service, to which everyone playing will send his data(don't think that voluntarily). :erm:

Yea, about how stuff would be shared with 'the cloud' and how Milo would be able to recognize more objects and stuff like that. It's the type of pie in the sky talking that Molyneux does. I'll believe it when I see it.

The snail killing scene seems like a great opportunity for multiplayer, two players each attempt to compel Milo towards either good or evil actions, ultimately winning when he either donates one of his kidneys to a stranger, or sacrifices his baby sister to the 'horned beast'.

This is not the same concept as they showed with Kate. Milo doesn't respond to Dimitry at all.

They seem to be only using the Kinect as a controller to do overtly gamey things like pick shit up and throw it. Not even the voice 'control' seems all that relevant; Milo doesn't actually respond to anything Dimitry says; you could probably say any shit and he'd cheer up if you used a happy tone of voice.

Milo doesn't seem to be any more intelligent than my Creature was in Black and White.

Edited by thorn

But is this even a game?

I have always thought that this is just some Molyneux's crazy virtual fantasy allowing him to "play" with a young boy.

:molyneuxcrown:

They've certainly put in an effort to make it more game-y, with the item-search and point awarding stuff.

And levels. And experience points. Maybe Milo will shoot something in the face at some point.