I bought a fucking couch! BOOSH!

Here's a picture of my goddamn fucking couch:

productimageid6075imgp4.jpg

You can sit on it, and shit.

PEACE.

PS

Please don't shit on my couch

why would you want to shit on your couch

BECAUSE IT'S HIS. Don't try to tell him what to do with his couch.

Oooh, I'm not sure if you're hipster enough to work at Starbucks... sorry to break this to you.

I'm going to go on a limb and congratulate you anyway.

Aren't people who work at Starbucks the wannabe hipsters? Or are the "genuine" coffee places not not-good enough for hipsters? I don't know how this shit works anymore.

why would you want to shit on your couch
BECAUSE IT'S HIS. Don't try to tell him what to do with his couch.

Exactly.

Smartass.

:grin:

That is not my room, but that is my couch. You are correct though, in that I have no cats. Or dogs. Or any pet of any kind.

PS

Don't shit in my room either.

So my second interview went really well. Bureaucracy is what it is though, so now that the district manager likes me he has to go back to the guy who interviewed me on Tuesday and say he approves, then the guy can hire me. That may not happen until after the weekend. I'm sick enough of the theatre that I decided that was "good enough" for me and just gave my two weeks notice. I really hope this doesn't fall through, but if it does I can always call a province over and beg my mum for a bailout I suppose. She's offered as much anyway. I'm terrified right now, but I had to pull the trigger on this decision sooner or later.

I'm glad you found a way to get away from that prick. Don't let Starbucks wear you down though; it may be your way out now and a way to stay afloat for a year or so, but you are better than that job :tup:

The staff in Starbucks always seem happy, so I hope it turns out to be a place where they value their workers... Especially if you're getting more or less what you were on before. You may actually end up loving it. Who knows.

I do too. I honestly feel pretty sick to my stomach right now. I hope to hell that the job actually happens. Signs point to yes, but this day or two without certainty is already killing me only a few hours in. I applied at Starbucks in the first place because I have a couple of friends who have worked their for a long time and are happy with it, so I hope that pans out for me.

There are people who have made barista-ing their lives, ain't no shame in working an espresso machine.

Please learn how to make designs in the foam and then make a thumb or goldblum design for us

also i'll have a venti dirty chai please

A friend who got a job in an 'independant' coffee place in Leeds went on to making a bit of a career as a Barista. I believe he won some sort of national coffee thing. Anyroad - he loves it, knows his shit and appears to make a decent living out of it in London. It is possible.

A friend who got a job in an 'independant' coffee place in Leeds went on to making a bit of a career as a Barista. I believe he won some sort of national coffee thing. Anyroad - he loves it, knows his shit and appears to make a decent living out of it in London. It is possible.

I bet. Coffee made well is one life's pleasures. I love it when I get my drink made by someone who knows what they're doing. I feel like hugging them.

Well even if you're a supervisor you'd probably need to have some floor time to know what your employees are facing, right? Or am I accidentally revealing that I've never been in a management position ever?

A dirty chai is a chai latte with a shot of espresso in it. It is glorious.

(A dirty hippie is a dirty chai made with soy milk instead of moo milk. I had hoped it came with a hash brownie on the side, but no.)

Well even if you're a supervisor you'd probably need to have some floor time to know what your employees are facing, right? Or am I accidentally revealing that I've never been in a management position ever?

(A dirty hippie is a dirty chai made with soy milk instead of moo milk. I had hoped it came with a hash brownie on the side, but no.)

I know a guy. Come by the one I'll be working at...

I have a couple of friends who have worked their for a long time and are happy with it

I hereby eat my words!

I've only had one friend who worked in a Starbucks, and she wasn't happy with it, but I think she's not happy about a lot of things.

I bet they'd have no idea what I was talking about if I asked for one of those... Do you have to explain what you want? UK customer service (as I'm sure you remember), is very much one of, "computer says no". I can imagine them saying something like, "I can give you an Expresso, and a Chai Latte, but you'll have to mix them yourself".

Miffy! You're on. If I ever get to Canada. Maybe I can convince my best friend to meet me there - he loves Canada, for reasons I have never been able to get him to explain.

Thunderpeel: It's on the "secret" Starbucks menu, which definitely exists in the USA. Here, you just say it, and if they look at you confusedly, then explain and mention that it's on the unpublished menu and they can look it up if needs be.

Arg, now I'm craving one but it's only 8AM here and the closest SBux has a really really chatty girl working the counter at this time of day, and she constantly quizzes me about my accent and LOOK I AM AN INTROVERT EXCEPT ON THE INTERNET PLEASE JUST GIVE ME MY ULTRA-CAFFEINATED CHAI AND ALLOW ME TO DRINK IT IN SILENCE.

I SAID SILENCE.