ThunderPeel2001

Brütal Legend overload...!

There's a shitload of press coverage on Brütal Legend at the moment, and I have to say it's made me even more excited to actually play this game.

http://www.doublefine.com/news.php/headlines

Including a video interview with man himself:

http://www.gry-online.pl/S014.asp?ID=362

Favourite quote: "I wasn't sure what to expect from Brütal Legend, but what I did not expect was that it would be a cross between Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Pikmin." No kidding... but I'm very intrigued!

I remember hearing (here?) or reading Schafer say that the art and immediate look of Psychonauts wasn't "cool" enough for most game buyers. He said something along the lines of "it didn't have a tough-looking character, or explosions, or loud music."

It's pretty clear that Brütal Legend will not be allowed to fail for lack of fire, rock, or badassery.

Getting caught in the hype(rbole) surrounding a Tim Schafer game – what a strange happening. EA is starting to work its magic.

Until now I was a little reserved with my enthusiasm, but the sound of an open world game, filled with double fine artwork, music, dialogue, characters, oh the creativity, with loads of optional content to discover makes me really excited.

(Maybe I got it all wrong and the fact that the press seems so full of it should make me suspicious instead.)

Mh, whatever, works for me.

Brütal Legend!

I'm shocked to hear that Jack Black actually played through Psychonauts prior to meeting Tim.

Yeah, I was amazed too. I knew he played games but... Psychonauts? You mean Jack Black is a fan of Tim Schafer, just like me? It's pretty awesome.

You don't have to be a Schafer fan to play Psychonauts. The game can stand its ground very well on its own. I for one never completed over 5% of Grim Fandango or Day of the Tenticle. So I probably can't call myself a Schafer fan. but I love Psychonauts.

You don't have to be a Schafer fan to play Psychonauts. The game can stand its ground very well on its own. I for one never completed over 5% of Grim Fandango or Day of the Tenticle. So I probably can't call myself a Schafer fan. but I love Psychonauts.

:erm: I meant as a result of playing (and enjoying) Psychonauts.

Finally, a game where I can rock out in Glottis' Bone Wagon, here's hoping that the sounds of the engine will drown out the near constant "Ye-he-heah!", "ALRIGHT!" and "WHOO HOO"'s that are present in every trailer. This game looks fucking awesome but goddamn, Jack Black's voice might become a bit much after a while.

Woop! Thanks for the link to the trailer... I'd not seen that before. That was awesome!

Quick critique: I still think they need to play up the character comedy more. Also, the animation still doesn't suit Jack Black's delivery... They need to get some amazing facial animator in there who's worked with Pixar or something. Heck, even the techniques they used in GTAIV would work brilliantly. At the moment the delivery really doesn't suit the visuals... and it irks me.

Overall though, it truly looks awesome! :tup:

I don't know if it's a learned reaction, but anything posted on deviant art makes me feel a bit 'meh'. I wonder if I saw it on a different background, I would be more impressed. But the Deviant Art colour scheme and layout just seems to exude a feeling of ennui.

Anyway, I am still quietly confidant about Brutal Legend. I'm trying to avoid any hype though.

I don't know if it's a learned reaction, but anything posted on deviant art makes me feel a bit 'meh'. I wonder if I saw it on a different background, I would be more impressed. But the Deviant Art colour scheme and layout just seems to exude a feeling of ennui.

So Right-click and select 'View Image' or whatever your browser's equivalent is. Oh computers.

I don't know how many people here have ever actually clicked my signature, but I run a Brutal Legend fan site that is pretty thorough when it comes to covering all the previews and shit. Also got some nice fan art and an insane amount of media, as well as all general information that me and my suppliers have picked out from the previews and such.

I don't think I'm technically allowed to recommend it, but still — I recommend my site! :tup: