MrChaz

Dantes Inferno trailer

It looks like the game might be awesome, despite the name-dropping.

I don't think the new PoP game had much to do with the original Prince of Persia (or Sands of Time), but I still liked it. Could be the same with Dante's Inferno.

Holy shit. Those monsters had traded their vision for extra teeth-sockets.

Ugh, it's everything we feared :(

everything?

I didn't see any quick action events

The tagline at the end is appropriate because encapsulates everything I feel about the developers and publishers of this game.

Nice use of smoke effects, although I'd be very surprised if those make into the actual game engine. Impressive if they do.

It's still a wretched use of the IP though.

Obviously it's too early to comment on the game, but the trailer didn't really inspire me. However, I did find Dead Space to be a surprisingly enjoyable romp through survival-horrordom, so I'm hoping this will be the same for hack'n'slash 'em ups. Nothing new, but just really well made.

From reading the eurogamer preview, I get the feeling that this game could be a pretty competent God of War clone. The real question is though, why did they have to put the Dante's Inferno name on this game? I'm sure none of you read the book and thought "you know what? that would make a badass game".

I just don't see the point in this whatsoever. If you've read book, you're less likely to buy it. Does Dante's Inferno really have that much cache to people who aren't into literature?

I can't wait until they announce the the special edition. "Includes book to see how much we f*cked this game up."

Graphic novel, you mean? Dante's Inferno, done a la Conan the Barbarian and following the new story from the game?

Comics aren't trash since they ditched the Comics Code and a thriving underground scene reinvigorated them (Sadly, most of comics retail is still obsessed with men in spandex).

I see your point though ¬¬

everything?

I didn't see any quick action events

We didn't see them in the first trailer either, did we? We haven't seen any gameplay. This doesn't mean the quick time events aren't there. I will bet you 1 pound they are.

If it's a pound of flesh, then it's a deal. If not, then no deal. Don't want to lose money.

I wouldn't be surprised if every boss battle in D's I is a quick time event. The 2nd circle of Gamer's Inferno is quick time events.

Ahahah I'd love a game that had a different game design horror for each circle of hell. When I say love, I obviously mean, hate.

5th circle: terrible voice acting.

Maybe we should make it, collaboratively. Like the podcast guys pointed out, Dante's Inferno is public domain, right?