Garple

(IGN.com)

"The moral dilemmas present extensive ethical quandaries" - IGN.com

"This game will make you pray that when you die, instead of going to heaven you'll just keep playing this game." -IGN.com

This game... better than... human love...

ffs, damn you IGN.com, how can we beat you at your own game :hmph:

This thread may be in need of some change of tone:

"The whole thing is oddly compelling, reassuring and empowering. It is an altar to creativity at its most basic and most abstract. It is the stuff of nightmares, it is what dreams are made of." - IGN.com

"Of course, no one is to blame because no mistake was made." - IGN.com

"While I tend to read the game as a declaration of stormy hopefulness—of the regeneration of nonhuman nature over destructive human culture—it might very well be the other way around." - IGN.com

"Currently it is easy to be impressed, but the vagaries of execution make it difficult to care." - IGN.com

"These games don't inherently believe in their own supremacy like their chronological predecessors. The market now does that for them." - IGN.com

"These game has a clear role in coining post-quatar philosophy's influence on the egypto-indian post-WW2 cinema" IGN.com

"This game will make you hire a hitman to kill you because you're too scared to do it yourself." - IGN.com

"This game will compel your fat, hillbilly wife to whittle a dildo from sheet plastic and fuck herself with it while you spend a night with your dog, Skeeter" - IGN.com

"This game reveals hidden satanic messages if you play it backwards" - IGN.com

that's braid right? I knew it

This game... better than... human love...

Oh come now, be fair. They didn't say that. They said the achievements are better than human love. Who cares about games when you can have achievements?

So, I sometimes listen to IGN podcasts at work because I get very bored and run out of other podcasts to listen to, and they have a bunch of stuff they're explicitly instructed to mention in every episode, such as pleas to favourably review them on iTunes and so on. Every time they mention that their Twitter is "IGNcom, no dot" it makes me laugh, and I wonder if the particular person saying that has visited the dotted incarnation.

Out of boredom, I was searching old ign reviews, found these...

Ten is a big number. -ign.com Final Fantasy X review

Call off the restraining order. -ign.com Sneak King review

IGN should let Sharper FX, Inc. make their new website. Sharper FX made gospel mime look awesome: http://www.sharperfx.com/kkmime/index13.htm

FUCK YOU ! CAN'T YOU WARN PEOPLE AGAINST EPILEPSY ? I'M BLIND !! I'M BLIIIIIIIIND !

Also: GOSPEL MIME ? Where did I get lost on the whole mimes being silent thing ?

edit= my parents were right, curiosity can lead you into an awful lot of trouble:

dW7pX3Jw5SA

My girlfriend, who went to mime school (PhD in imaginary boxes), says these dudes don't know shit. A little too "Lord Privy Seal" in their delivery. She had a more nuanced critique, but it is too technical for you muggles.

I have no particular knowledge of mime, but I think it's fair to say that in order to mime well an artist has to have very precise control over their body. These guys do not have that, their limbs are all over the place.

I'll bet that this started when they were 8, and they were encouraged by all the grown ups. Now nobody has the heart to tell them that, actually, it was shit and everyone was lying to them before.

"Sorry, but actually this is shit. We didn't tell you before because we didn't want to hurt your feelings and we thought you'd grow out of." - IGN.com