Garple

(IGN.com)

I have no particular knowledge of mime, but I think it's fair to say that in order to mime well an artist has to have very precise control over their body. These guys do not have that, their limbs are all over the place.

I'll bet that this started when they were 8, and they were encouraged by all the grown ups. Now nobody has the heart to tell them that, actually, it was shit and everyone was lying to them before.

"Sorry, but actually this is shit. We didn't tell you before because we didn't want to hurt your feelings and we thought you'd grow out of." - IGN.com

Nah, I think their parents thought they were possessed by the Holy Ghost or some such crap. Maybe this kind of rabidly histrionic performance is the mime equivalent of speaking in tongues?

Mimes, Gospel Christianity and XTREME all in one website? That's astounding. Count me officially blown away.

(Yeah, I missed the link the first time.)

"This game gave six kids epilepsy, and killed their dads." - :getmecoat.com

"This game gave six kids epilepsy, and killed their dads." - :getmecoat.com

"This game gave me six kind of epilepsies six times in a row during six days" IGN.com about Dante's Inferno

"Haters of this game need to be hit by a bus. Or swine flu. Or a bus full of swine flu." - ign.com

"You'll want to wear a flu mask while playing this game, or you will die!" - IGN.COM

"People died playing this game, people got raped playing this game, you should definitely try it" - IGN.com

That's probably inevitable, and twitter will either give them the account or make us change it to "fakeigndotcom" or something. Still fun for now :) Might put the thread URL in part of the profile.

A marketing manager commented on it: "If IGN are clever, they'll leave it be".

We now have 580 followers. There are only two accounts that show up in search with more, and we will overtake them within about 6 weeks if the rate of new follows stays consistent. I suspect they might have a problem when we come top of search for "ign" :)

I suspect they might have a problem when we come top of search for "ign" :)

Ah, was lead to believe you might be already--hadn't checked, myself.

We come up ahead of the main official one, but there are a couple of others, one staffer and I think the mobile account, that at present come up higher because they have a few hundred more followers.

"This game burned a hole in my lap. It's hot, it's literally on fire." - ign.com

Whatever happens with the Twitter account, it was a great idea. If they get annoyed/take it as a joke and acknowledge it's funny, then we've all contributed to something we can be proud of.

";(" - IGN.com

"It burns when I play" IGN.com

"Come on mom! I'm reviewing a game here !" IGN.com

"This game should be rated A for ardcore !" IGN.com

The question being, should we make it even more hardcore while it lasts or should we just keep it going :)

<wank class="marketing">

I don't think out-and-out baiting is the right course myself, whereas I'd consider satire to be both valid and of value to IGN as a brand.

</wank>