Garple

(IGN.com)

"I WAS TRYING TO PLAY THE SINGLE PLAYER, BUT I THINK I MUST HAVE BLINKED OR SOMETHING, BECAUSE I WAS AT DA END OF THE GAME BEFORE I KNOW IT. THIS IS WHAT THE SINGLE PLAYER WAS LIKE: SHOOTING GALLERY, FAKE MOVIE BIT, SHOOTING GALLERY, FAKE MOVIE BIT, SHOOTING GALLERY, OVER. IT WAS THE WURST."

"ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH PRETSENTINGS, SOME OF THE WURST PRESENTINGS EVER TO BE HAVE MADE IN THE HISTORY OF COMPUTER GAMES. THE ONLY WAY IT BEEN WORSE IS IF IT STABBED ME IN THE EYE."

"It makes sound so good for me."

"This game is like taking a new car and smashing it with a sledgehammer."

"Alright Im going to try and give an unbias review of CoD6."

"This game more fail than the Gov't run health bill that was just passed."

Great submission from a random Twitter person today:

"If this game were a stereotype, it would be a black guy with an enormous wang." - IGN.com (@forchhiro)

"If this game were a stereotype, it would be a black guy with an enormous wang." - IGN.com (@forchhiro)

About The Saboteur

"If this game were a stereotype, it would be a drunk irish dude." - IGN.com

About The Saboteur

"If this game were a stereotype, it would be a drunk irish dude terrorist who earnestly says 'Top o' the mornin'." - IGN.com

Fixt.

http://twitter.com/igndotcom and this website just got a namedrop in the newsletter from Page 45, a Nottingham comic shop (previously mentioned somewhere on here, I think), after they received a letter from one David Hayward. Seems IGN's comicbook reviews are just as infamous!

Actual PC Gamer one (first noticed it for the Med. II Steam sale):

Medieval II will blow you away.

I like the fact that it's punctuated with a period, like it's just a statement of fact that shouldn't surprise anyone.

http://twitter.com/igndotcom and this website just got a namedrop in the newsletter from Page 45, a Nottingham comic shop (previously mentioned somewhere on here, I think), after they received a letter from one David Hayward. Seems IGN's comicbook reviews are just as infamous!

*waves* :)

I spotted in the newsletter before that one that they were groaning at DC Comics using quotes from IGN, who apparently gave DC some kind of award for publishing comics. If the award comes down to publishers who are like DC, IGN may was well just flip a coin for it.

I think I should probably past this in here to:

''It seams like biotic bulldog is exactly what any Sheapard wants or needs and she seems she is totally willing to do that.''-IGN.com on subject of Mass Effect 2

If they expected it to be disappointing, wouldn't it make the statement correct ?

If they expected it to be disappointing, wouldn't it make the statement correct ?

You can't expect something to be disappointing, That's saying you expect something to not to meet your expectations, which in my eyes is a contradiction.

Depends on whether you define 'disappointing' as 'not as good as you expected' or 'not as good as you hoped'.

Depends on whether you define 'disappointing' as 'not as good as you expected' or 'not as good as you hoped'.

They act as synonyms of one another. Thus those phrases are interchangeable.

Seems to be a pretty distinct difference in meaning to me.

My point was that they acted the same with the context of Disappoint, which is defined as:

to fail to meet the expectation or hope of

You cannot hope something will be great, but expect it to disappoint. You can however hope something will be great, but expect it not to reach it's full potential.

Ah, OK, gotcha. I don't like it though. Dictionaries aren't meant to make communication more difficult, and this is making it more difficult to communicate the feeling of disappointment from a game that didn't reach its potential, whether that was expected or not.

Ah, OK, gotcha. I don't like it though. Dictionaries aren't meant to make communication more difficult, and this is making it more difficult to communicate the feeling of disappointment from a game that didn't reach its potential, whether that was expected or not.

I was being kind of a dick, sorry, a couple of things were pissing me off. Although it does show some of the inner complexities of the English language, which I guess I approach from a more mathematical approach than from the standard, so I may interpret things very differently than most others.

Sorry for being a dick.

No worries, we all need to get it out of our system occasionally :P I wouldn't have taken the bait if I wasn't interested in this stuff.

I couldn't not post this. Found on Metacritic and it can be witnessed in action here. Genius. You couldn't make this shit up (and we didn't).

"It's a game that knocks on your front door, waits for you to answer in a towel and your favorite pair of slippers, rips your head off, and shoves itself down your throat." - IGN.com