Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Thanks for sharing that Ossk!:yep:

Ah, sigh, the gist of that "Serbian language lesson" thing is true, perhaps :shifty:, and his pronunciation is surprisingly solid for an anglophone. I only wish he spent the time to put in the correct declensions and articles in what was obviously google translated at best (although Google tends to be a lot better a lot more often than this dude's Serbian...

That.

Ah, sigh, the gist of that "Serbian language lesson" thing is true, perhaps :shifty:, and his pronunciation is surprisingly solid for an anglophone. I only wish he spent the time to put in the correct declensions and articles in what was obviously google translated at best (although Google tends to be a lot better a lot more often than this dude's Serbian...

Really? Considering he has a whole load of videos about speaking Serbian, I figured... he can speak Serbian?

VIvr1eF2TtA

Really? Considering he has a whole load of videos about speaking Serbian, I figured... he can speak Serbian?

He can, but not THAT much fluently and correctly, when it comes to grammar and stuff...he knows some words and can form certain sentences (some of which do sound google translated but with a solid enough pronunciation, as kingz already mentioned).

EDIT: and that lesson 5 was in my mind all the time whilst replying to you. lol

All in all - if it were necessary, you can still understand him and he can (or so it seems) communicate with you just fine if you're, say, Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian/etc. and you don't know a word of English.

He basically hits a stereotypical Serbian. And that is probably everything he does right.

For some reason it is really hard for me—a loud, angry, salty Serbian manbeast—to come up with a valid defense against this stereotype considering...

I am tempted to just call all of you effete Austro-Hungarians and run.

:finger: :finger: :deranged:

He basically hits a stereotypical Serbian. And that is probably everything he does right.

But surely the fact that he IS Serbian is what makes it funny? I wouldn't be remotely interested in hearing some random American attempting to mock Serbians, but this guy is just having fun with a stupid stereotype -- sort of mocking the stereotype itself by the fact that he is Serbian.

Q-uQWNd540I

Is this sufficiently comical for this thread, or am i doing it wrong? :mock:

Huh, Daniel D. Grozdich, eh? The fact that he collapsed that ć into a ch makes me think he is at best second generation American. Maybe even third, since that sort of thing doesn't seem to happen in this day and age of proper passports, exacting INS paper trail requirements, UTF-8 and stuff. I don't know anyone who's done it of all the people diasporizing around the world in the last 20 years or so. Plus, if he had any native Serbian speakers in the immediate family, I think they would disown him after a presentation that obnoxiously incorrect.

On the other hand, maybe he came as a small child, which explains his good pronunciation + abysmal grammar + piss poor vocabulary. Dunno. Fuck that guy. (U pičku materinu.)

Huh, Daniel D. Grozdich, eh? The fact that he collapsed that ć into a ch makes me think he is at best second generation American. Maybe even third, since that sort of thing doesn't seem to happen in this day and age of proper passports, exacting INS paper trail requirements, UTF-8 and stuff. I don't know anyone who's done it of all the people diasporizing around the world in the last 20 years or so. Plus, if he had any native Serbian speakers in the immediate family, I think they would disown him after a presentation that obnoxiously incorrect.

On the other hand, maybe he came as a small child, which explains his good pronunciation + abysmal grammar + piss poor vocabulary. Dunno. Fuck that guy. (U pičku materinu.)

Yes, as I've heard and seen somewhere, he's born American, but his parents (or, ultimately, grandparents...I don't remember) emigrated to America at some point, before he was born. So his parents actually are still native Serbian speakers. That would explain the good pronunciation, abysmal grammar and the piss poor vocabulary, seeing that he's probably heard them speak the language but never did learn it properly himself. Also, I've seen a video of him in Serbia, visiting his family during summer.

Actually, here's the video. Naturally, he makes a joke out of that too. U pičku materinu.

tQJF0z145Fs

I generally have a low tolerance for people of his general personality type. That is probably coloring my impression of his funny videos.

I generally have a low tolerance for people of his general personality type. That is probably coloring my impression of his funny videos.

You have low tolerance? Ohhh. You're one of those people. :mock::woohoo:

There's this internet fellow who calls himself "Athene, The Greatest Gamer Ever" or whatever bullshit he's come up with since I last had one of his videos forced on me. There's ample evidence that he's not an annoying, know-it-all, holier-than-thou jackass with an intensely annoying way of speaking, but his crafted persona is such that I utterly despise his existence.

Probably the same thing here. I believe I've posted this before but. . .

215499488_8pSZr-L-2.jpg

HiHuiDD_oTk

Man, that mostly just depresses me because Canada needs to have that referendum so damn bad. Included in the video is an explanation of why the Conservative party has been running our country for the past 5 years. Godspeed, England. please don't fuck this up, and maybe we'll follow your lead. It would be a way more exciting development for us Canucks to obsess over than that fucking wedding.

This kind of system would be great for all kinds of democracy-related reasons. Would allow for more parties in the US, for example.

Unfortunately, the No To AV campaign seems to be bankrolled by all of the wealthy status quo interests that benefit from the present system leading to fragmentation of the left, and polls indicate the UK maybe about to vote for more of the same :fart:

It's a shame about the outright fucking lies they've been spreading, because AV is really not that hard to understand. I'm spreading the word as much as I can, but braced for dogshit.

Goddammit that leaflet you linked is infuriating. I'll be watching your referendum almost as closely as my own country's election, now that I know about it. Keep fighting the good fight, Nach.

Australia is apparently a democratic light for the rest of you to follow.

The voting system for the Senate underwent a significant change in 1948. Prior to this, Senate elections had been conducted using a 'first past the post' voting system, where all seats went to the party that had achieved the highest vote in that state. This could result in landslide victories for one political party or another following relatively small changes in the popular vote, as well as periodically resulting in a Senate with a large majority of opposition senators. A change to a preferential system of voting resulted in the numbers of senators from each party more closely reflecting the numbers of votes that the party had received, and therefore a more balanced Senate. For the last twenty-five years a balance of power has existed, whereby neither government nor opposition has had overall control of the Senate. This has required governments to seek the support of minor parties or independents in order to secure their legislative agenda.

Get with the times other countries.