Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

3nopKDuydRo

I still want to know how this even happened...

That still confuses the shit out of me. I have no idea who they are marketing to.

That still confuses the shit out of me. I have no idea who they are marketing to.

A bunch of crazy creatives persuaded the people in marketing of both Nickelodeon and Burger King that this would be an excellent idea, just to see how far they could push the suits before they figured out they were being led on. I have managed to get away with some pretty ludicrous things by getting the boring corporate people to trust my judgment in matters of what is cool. Doesn't happen often, but it is a wonder when it does.

Jolly Snowflake Day everyone...

Ugh, that constant tween shit that all cartoons on U.S. television are now is awful.

oob5uobmcy8

Good thing Thunderpeel followed it up with a classic.

Did you actually watch it? While I agree that the majority of what you're talking about it utter crap, Clone High is bloody excellent. Written by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (who recently made the awesome Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs) and is completely hilarious. Just because it shares an animation style with shitty shows is no reason to disregard excellent television.

KNOOORK!!! :(:(:(

As it so happened, today I was walking in the Grove, a posh shopping area in Los Angeled, and suddenly a band with cheerleaders burst out in a 20-min energetic act holding GAP bags and stuff. I looked on with a mix of wonder and revulsion.

I am, as a sidenote, often amazed by how US commercials will incorporate ridiculously cheesy cheerleader singing and dancing to promote something. As a European, it comes across as incredibly contrived and fake.

As it so happened, today I was walking in the Grove, a posh shopping area in Los Angeled, and suddenly a band with cheerleaders burst out in a 20-min energetic act holding GAP bags and stuff. I looked on with a mix of wonder and revulsion.

I wouldn't call The Grove "posh", but what do I know. Did you walk past the Abercrombie & Fitch store with its really, really, ridiculously good looking staff... who know nothing about the things they stock?

Actually, much less sterile is the old marketplace next to The Grove. There's some really cool stuff in there. I remember being blown away by a store that sold nothing but brand new stuff from the 50s and 60s... Yes, that's right, the real deal, authentic, but brand new and never opened stuff. Crazy.

Abercrombie & Fitch. I walked into that store (it looks like a huge darkroom), and was awestruck by the most iconoclastic, incredibly designed, insane store ever. I walked around there slackjawed for ten minutes. I can't describe it.

Abercrombie & Fitch. I walked into that store (it looks like a huge darkroom), and was awestruck by the most iconoclastic, incredibly designed, insane store ever. I walked around there slackjawed for ten minutes. I can't describe it.

Haha! Yes, it's quite something else isn't it? (I'm actually wearing a shirt I bought in there right now, weird.) Did they have the shirtless models in the doorway welcoming you in? I'm not gay, but damn... I didn't realise people like that actually existed outside of Photoshop.

The store itself was hilarious: I wasn't joking about the staff not really knowing where things were. Very attractive and nice people, all of them, but there didn't seem to be much in the way of brains going around.

So weird that you're experiencing these things!

I am! It's weird. But none of you are actually out here to do some lunch or whatever, are you?

gBcd5aj_YhI

It's on Youtube, but is it comical?

It's something alright.

We here have a tendency to mix up "comical" and "on drugs" don't you find ?

Don't focus on the mascara and the weird hair - Tim Minchin is a pretty hilarious songwriter and singer .

mcdtVD8X1-A

and this one, which takes about 2 minutes to properly start

WLLYO8Hd_sE