ThunderPeel2001

How...?! (Guitar Hero viral ad)

star_trek_transporter.jpg

Delete me up, Scotty!

This is hilarious.

edit : though I can see his point : if he doesn't like rhythm games, the probability that he is going to enjoy GH is kinda low.

Now I'm not sure who won the 'teh interwebs'-imitation-contest. Zaarin with his classic 'ill-considered comment followed by an angry storm-off'-performance or you guys displaying some good old fire and pitchfork mob mentality.

What would help here, I think, is using smilies sometimes so that people know what you really mean. Cause if I flip back to page 1, Zaarin's posts stick out as having an unpleasant near-trollish sort of tone. Maybe it depends on how you read it, but there aren't many pointers for me on how to read it, so maybe you can help me out with that.

What followed was maybe a gangrape but I guess that shows that multiple people took your posts in a certain way Zaarin. This isn't about being forced to like Guitar Hero. It just seemed you didn't know quite what GH's gameplay is/isn't and also your earlier posts came across as potentially having a lot of dismissive attitude. So yeah just telling you my angle on this, and I hope it's just a case of miscommunication.

:scary:

Edited by Marek

Now I'm not sure who won the 'teh interwebs'-imitation-contest. Zaarin with his classic 'ill-considered comment followed by an angry storm-off'-performance or you guys displaying some good old fire and pitchfork mob mentality.

This is getting very silly and comments like this aren't going to help. The only person getting upset was Zaarin, which is a shame. Instead of saying "fair enough, I'll give it a go" he just made it worse... Yufster took Z's initial pretty damned obnoxious comment and tried to steer his thoughts towards something less inflammatory.

Jake's tone can be a bit harsh, but it wasn't anything that bad.

I made a friendly Thumbs jibe.

Marek tried to calm things down a bit.

Hardly fire and pitchforks.

Anyways, come back, Zaarin!

Hardly fire and pitchforks.

Not to us, but seen through the yes of a newcomer folks with insane postcounts and the full weight of the collective behind them are probably quite scary when they disagree with you so strongly. I'm not saying don't disagree, I'm just saying, to the oldtimers, bear in mind the newbies will find you quite intimidating, although they'd never admit it. Even a single "fuck" can be searing.

This is why The Guide recommends giving your nerves time to become deadened.

Wait a minute, I can't find Nappi's guide to the forums! No wonder there are issues!

The guide wasn't mine, it was... ermmm... Twifkak's? Oh cripes, I can't remember. It's brilliant though.

I'm sure it was a Scandinavian Thumbeteer!

[EDIT] Haha, that's the second time in two days I've had to edit my comment on someone because they changed it within the first minute of its existence. I gotta stop myself posting so quickly. Nappi, you say? Might well be!

Man, what happened to that guy?

Also, get that shit re-stickied. ;

Wait a minute, I can't find Nappi's guide to the forums!

"Hide"

Not to us, but seen through the yes of a newcomer folks with insane postcounts and the full weight of the collective behind them are probably quite scary when they disagree with you so strongly. I'm not saying don't disagree, I'm just saying, to the oldtimers, bear in mind the newbies will find you quite intimidating, although they'd never admit it. Even a single "fuck" can be searing.

I guess that may well be the case, or poor Zaarin has some real life issues at the moment. Come back, Zaarin! There's no reason to go.

This is why The Guide recommends giving your nerves time to become deadened.

Wait a minute, I can't find Karimi's guide to the forums! No wonder there are issues!

Indeed! How could such an important document be lost?

It's a shame really because I felt that Zaarin had become "one of the gang".

Oops, I didn't mean to be a cunt or anything. I was just trying to be funny and comment on what at the time seemed like a comical explosion of fury -- leaving the forums. I may have misunderstood the tone of the discussion though, so for that: me so solly!

For what it's worth, I thought Zaarin was beginning to become one of the in-crowd. But then maybe that takes years and years. Please come back, Zaarin! The guilty have been punished and their accounts deleted!