Spaff

Little BIG Planet

Apparently, this was the case.

Fuck over-easily offended religious zealots. "We consider the use of our holy book's texts deeply offending". Really? You don't sound deeply offended. Stop using being offended as a weapon to get your way and grow a backbone. What if we refuse? Are you going to kill everyone at Media Molecule? Is everyone sufficiently scared of you and your so-called religion of peace?

Worldwide recall, what a hoax. The only reason I'd want that is to eliminate any suspicion that a wonderful creative game like LBP would support some backwards tribal desert cult.

You're such a self-righteous pompous prick. Christ.

Awww Jake, you could have said the same thing using the thumbs-approved blend of sarcasm, irony and passive-aggressive venom. But you just had to unzip it and slap it on the table instead :P

Hey man, I'm allowed to have my pet peeves and vent them on the internet in an unreasonable fashion.

Hey man, I'm allowed to have my pet peeves and vent them on the internet in an unreasonable fashion.

You are, as is everyone else. Just put down the pipe and snifter for gods sake. This was meant as a joke, not as a way of life on the boards.

Haha, well put. I always thought that was Marek in the picture, but his neck seems illogically short in that case.

I do get flamed up over issues of religion often though, most notably as soon as they have an adverse effect on my hobbies and lifestyle. But, I forgot to douse it all in a thick pool of Thumbcasm. Happens to the best of us.

I'm pretty sure Marek had his neck shortened for his portrait, but it grew back.

rosslbpkm6.png

rosslbp2iy8.png

rosslbp3iw3.png

LittleBigPlanet got a namecheck on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross last week. They'd been sent in sackboys resembling the host and Ricky Gervais (who was on the show), but no actual game footage unfortunately. Sarah Silverman was on as well, and Jonathan Ross seemed incapable of interviewing her without looking completely intimidated. You can watch it on BBC iPlayer, just noticed it myself- he's the biggest chat show host in the UK so it's all good.

No permalinks to individual news items? ¬¬

I can't link your news stories. :tmeh:!

yes this is on purpose at the moment, although I'm thinking of incorporating old skool anchor tags to fix it.

The reason is that we are going to change back-end in a few weeks to a totally different system and all the links would die anyway, so pointing everything to the main page makes sure it will all stil lbe ok.

Bit of a hax i know but meh. It's only for a little bit :D

thanks for that Jonathan Ross thing Cigol, I shall blog it :)

Got it. Hooray!

Went into several stores this week and came out both sullen and empty handed. My life, such as it is, won't be complete until I own the game :blink:

...and apparently they are already working on the sequel. Which is, interesting.

Halfway through the third set of Story missions, have done a few challenges, and played a couple of other people's levels now. Great, great fun. Still can't seem to unlock my God of War preorder stuff though, as apparently the game isn't officially out until tomorrow. Odd, as I know about 4 other people who've also already picked up their preorders.

Oh, and I picked up a song object that I'm pretty sure is the offending piece of work that caused all of this. Haven't listened to it yet, so maybe it's edited or maybe I just snuck away with an earlier copy without realizing it...

You're such a self-righteous pompous prick. Christ.

Youch, tough week at the office? It's not quite how I'd have put it, but I'm glad someone said something. You were pretty close to the ignorant racist mark there, I think, Rodi. (Not that I'm your Dad or anything, but I'm allowed to mention my pet peeves, too :))

Weird that such a cute looking game should bring out such hostilities! :mock:

Man, even with the servers down for almost the entire time I've been trying to play it, this game is the shit. One guy created a level that's essentially Sackboy running through the Mirror's Edge world, colours perfect and everything. So damn cool. Again though, I've only been able to go online for about an hour, the rest of my time has been going through the story levels while the servers are getting slammed with all the people trying to play. Just ran into my first glitch, which almost seemed like it was supposed to be there. There was a section in one of the Metropolis levels where I had to run across a conveyor belt with flaming logs rolling at me, but on my first go through the actual belt part didn't spawn into the level so I was trying to run along the rollers and dodge crazy amounts of flaming things. When I died and had to try again, the belt was there and I completed the level without any difficulty. That pissed me off a bit, but then I moved on to Sackboy's Ninja Training levels and all was forgiven.

So yeah, even without online, this game is fantastic. The few levels that others have made that I tried were all pretty cool too, a Metal Gear spoof was particularly chuckle-worthy. Nothing compares to the insanity of the Mirror's Edge one though. If I recall, that level even made it into GameTrailers' video review, so you should be able to check out little bits of it if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Actually,

will work just as well.

Norlfolk, yeah it could. I find the platforming floaty at best, but it's just so damn charming I let it get away with it.

If any thumbs (established only, please) want codes to download the God of War pre-order content, apparently it can be shared with up to 4 other people. PM me if you have the game and would like the Kratos, Medusa, and Minotaur costumes, as well as some GoW themed stickers.

That's pretty amazing :eek:

I think you can occasionally see the string's attached to the ship, am I wrong?

Has it basically been done top-down, so the sackgirl is running about with an R-Type ship for a hat?