Spaff

Little BIG Planet

Having played a little bit of LBP with spaff, I can comment on the seemingly awkward platforming. One reason it might look that way is beacuse of the 4-plane semi-3D space. Sometimes you have to go into or out of the screen before you can land on the platform you want to. The physics angine is great too, which gives your sackperson a real sense of 'being there'. It actually feels very fun to play.

Gee, d'you think? What was it that gave it away? Was it the title of the video?

I hope you're found dead with my feces in your mouth. Just rot.

I didn't think of it like that! It was more an amusing picture of keyboard rage.

Miffy, I'd like a word with you about canada at some point - I'll PM ya.

Miffy, I'd like a word with you about Canada at some point - I'll PM ya.

That sounds threatening.

I think it had something to do with my spelling of "faeces" combined with my revelation in some earlier thread that we say "zed" over here. I'll warn you that while we do technically adhere to proper spellings and pronunciation, I take more care than most due to my father being British and teaching me proper spelling and grammar. I have friends who still say that it's pronounced "zee" because "that's how they said it on Sesame Street..." They're in the minority, but they do exist. While "zed" is still prominent, I haven't met anyone else who says "maths" instead of "math." Some words have stood up to the American linguistic onslaught better than others.

As a non-native English speaker, I've for some time felt absolutely entitled to cherry-pick from the many subtle differences between American English and British English based on what I like best at that moment. Sometimes I double-L, other times I'll go for the Z instead of S, though most of the time I choose ou over o, because it's just goddamn chique.

That's right. I'm making my own fucking English! That's the Dutch way! We just create a trade route, set up a formal company structure and take whatever the hell we want!

There are quite a few Americanisms I like, like cell phone instead of mobile phone.

Yeh I know. I'm just being

Faecetious? :grin:

Edited by Nachimir

I think it had something to do with my spelling of "faeces" combined with my revelation in some earlier thread that we say "zed" over here. I'll warn you that while we do technically adhere to proper spellings and pronunciation, I take more care than most due to my father being British and teaching me proper spelling and grammar. I have friends who still say that it's pronounced "zee" because "that's how they said it on Sesame Street..." They're in the minority, but they do exist. While "zed" is still prominent, I haven't met anyone else who says "maths" instead of "math." Some words have stood up to the American linguistic onslaught better than others.

Actually no, it was more about canada in general, as my g/f and I are starting to talk about emigrating... but good memory though. I'd forgotten about that bit.

Well, if it's Canada in general, I'd recommend talking to twmac and n0wak as well. Getting perspectives on Montreal, (twmac) Toronto, (n0wak) and the Prairie provinces (me) may be more useful than just one of them.

twmac and n0wak, I belive you each called those places home one time or another. If I'm wrong, don't hesitate to bitch-slap the truth into me.

myself and a friend of mine launched a Little Big Planet fansite today!

:greatscott:

www.littlebigplanetoid.com

I wrote about the plans and thoughts of taking part in such a venture on my blog, It's in a rough beta stage at the moment, just a blog, with plans to expand etc.. oh you can read about that on Roflopolis if you care, but for the moment, here is the site's welcome text....

High above the surface of the Little Big Planet, way up there in outer-space, orbits a Little Big Planetoid.

On the northern hemisphere of this tiny barren rock sits a bustling construction site, and It is here that a busy team of engineers are preparing what is soon to be a giant observatory, where enormous consoles will bleep excitedly as vast telescopes gaze down onto the planet below.

It is from this vantage point, and by using these excessive instruments, that we who will operate this centre will be able to watch, record, and then relay all the latest news, events and happenings on the Little Big Planet to anywhere in the galaxy. Our broadcasts will be frequent, fun, and of an astronomical quality, quite literally.

For now, we must use this temporary set of equipment, and broadcast as best we can, welcome to our little (big?) corner of the internet, please stand by for test broadcasts!

*cough* http://www.littlebigplanetoid.com/news.rss *cough*

Cute and cool! I'm slowly catching the LBP hype bug. I might have to seriously check this thing out soon. Is the beta already down?

Damn, I keep forgetting this comes out on Tuesday. I'm going to need to get myself a headset so I can actually talk to people I play with. At the moment I have no communication tools.

You can communicate using interpretive dance - don't forget the sackboy is poseable. Does LBP actually support headsets btw? How are they implemented, anything fancy?

Edited by Cigol

Is that limited to those who use the official headset?

...but actually what I meant was in terms of presentation. Do the little sackpeople move their mouths or have speech bubbles, or something like that. I've not noticed any visual indicators in any of the youtube videos which makes me wonder whether it's completely transparent?

kojimacuddle.jpg