Spaff

Little BIG Planet

I'd just moved house when I bought it and was without a connection for the first few weeks. It was the most fun I'd had with the game. Assuming you get on with the general platforming malarkey I honestly can't see how you'd go wrong - the levels on offer are more than enough to satisfy you and there's plenty of fun side missions littered around the place to boot. You could even create levels for your own amusement.

The focus on user content is misleading actually, and as a selling point it's double edged.

Edit; damn, beaten to the punch by Toblix

That depends. The single player part of the game is awesome. I played through the whole story on my own, and it's just an ejaculation of joy, color and song all over your face. Playing with other people is exponentially more awesome, especially when they're in the room with you. The collection aspect is geared towards creating your own levels, which may not seem that interesting if you're unable to share them. I dunno. I'd go with B) to c), but the real question is -- why can't you get your PS3 on the net?

Because my PS3 is in another country, and my parents won't hear of a router, much less wireless (the PC is in the living room). And the reason I live with them is because I don't, I live alone in Canada and they live in Jordan, but I visit them in the summer (I left my PS3 for my younger brother).

Does anyone mind if i continue to hype my little off-shoot project... good, ok then ¬¬

we just launched our second designer sticker pack for LBP, kind of our own DLC basically:

http://www.littlebigplanetoid.com/feature/lbp_designer_sticker_pack_2_will_scobie

if anyone reading this is a designer that fancies showcasing their work in a little sticker pack, hit me up :)

we also made a bonus Uncharted costume mockup in a response to a tweet from Naughty dog asking where it was!

http://www.littlebigplanetoid.com/article_livelook/naughty_dog_hints_at_uncharted_dlc

aaanyways on a secondary note, lets get some 4 player online going on, i'm failing to organise it though, anyone want to take a lead on that? :D

aaanyways on a secondary note, lets get some 4 player online going on, i'm failing to organise it though, anyone want to take a lead on that? :D

Sure.

Okay, so I'm missing one prize bubble on The Darkness. Is there some place where the typical missing bubbles are listed or something? I've went through the level a billion times now, but it's nowhere to be found.

IGN seems to have pretty thorough walkthrough of the levels. I don't know if it has all the prize bubbles listed though.

Thanks, but with the help of my sister I now have 100% on the first three or four worlds. I love that getting the bubbles is like getting achievements -- even if you die right afterwards, you still got them. It makes it less frustrating to go after the hard to reach ones.

If there are any LOST fans out there, I think you might enjoy my level...and even if you aren't, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

3362480589_805e7e8fab.jpg?v=0

3363297068_5f7d2a8053.jpg?v=0

3362480137_09b19a445b.jpg?v=0

3363297148_98fa3bac41.jpg?v=0

3363297226_d6a4513d8c.jpg?v=0

3362480339_43be3d309e.jpg?v=0

3362480405_dcd129dfe4.jpg?v=0

3363297676_e233bde1be.jpg?v=0

3363297740_13267c893e.jpg?v=0

PSN name: frizby

Level Name: Little Lost

Maybe one day, about five years from now, I'll actually get to play this game and take a crack at your awesome looking level.

It's definitely one I'll play when I next go on LBP. :yep:

It's really disheartening to me how underappreciated this game is...not by the critics/press but by gamers.

People are doing some remarkable level design out there, and most folks seem to have just moved on to the next random shooter.

;(

I think it's just one of those things where it isn't superficially 'cool' enough for a lot of people.

I remember when I was at the cinema with a load of mates, and there was a Call of Duty trailer followed by a LittleBIGPlanet trailer. Naturally, everyone was all "Yeah!", "360, man! 360!" when the Call of Duty trailer was on.

Then the LittleBIGPlanet one showed, and it was pretty much silence and a "Fuckin' PS3" which came from somewhere down the aisle.

An entirely anecdotal example, but it speaks volumes about how your mainstream gamers tend to stick to the things they're familiar with. Or something. I don't know, it just lamed me out a bit because I was sat there thinking "LOOKS GREAT!". But then, I can see how a lot of people might just be bewildered by it and not bother.

On a lighter note, congratulations to Spaff and his co-webmaster for getting hired by Media Molecule!

It's just sad because I could name 10 levels off the top my head that would absolutely blow your mind, and the types of people who generally appreciate good level design just aren't into it...for whatever reason. Instead, we get 8 year olds hearting trophy levels. :hah:

Even the dudes on my PS3 friends list have moved on to Killzone (which does absolutely NOTHING interesting as far as I can tell) or something else.

I still think LittleBIGPlanet will have legs though. As its potential is closer and closer to being realized, folks will gravitate back to it...or at least I hope they do. It would be criminal for something this brilliant to fail.

I think Sony could have done more to fund special addons like the one they did for Metal Gear Solid. Costumes and art packs for level designers are good, but they aren't going to get people to load up the game again if they've already 'moved on'.

For me I'll be honest, I'm lazy, I just can't be bothered getting the disc out of the case and putting it in the PlayStation. Sounds crazy but true.

After a long period of fannying, I've just got this. It's more fun than I thought it would be... Plus my gf likes it. It's good fun playing the levels co-op, although she is now being introduced to computer game frustration! Haha!

For me I'll be honest, I'm lazy, I just can't be bothered getting the disc out of the case and putting it in the PlayStation. Sounds crazy but true.

This is a good point. The act of inserting a disc to play a game is seeming more and more ridiculous to me. With so much downloadable stuff on both PC and consoles, I think this small effort may be a bigger part of why people stop playing some games than one would think.