Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Lame

That sucks indeed. But I hope your intention of starting your own thing materializes and you'll make something awesome! :)

soooooo NCsoft is downsizing massively today. Me and my team and all of dev in europe affected. Spaff and Rusalka aldo made redundant. It's weak

:tdown::tdown::tdown:

Also, I can't believe NCSoft accidentally THE WHOLE COMPANY :tdown:

:tup::tup::tup:

The intention of starting a new developer is there, and hopefully we can make that happen. If any of you guys have good leads for publishers or VCs with an interest in either browser-based or full-scale AAA MMO development, please send me a PM.

If I can help in any way with anything even remotely webby, just ask.

Very sorry to hear this for you all. I've been through the redundancy mill twice now and it's awful for such a spectrum of reasons.

I hope your luck picks up, all of you; you deserve better than this.

Also, I can't believe NCSoft accidentally THE WHOLE COMPANY :tdown:

I don't think it was an accident. But other than that... thank you... because of you I had to clean my monitor. I hope you're happy.

Sucks for the people who worked there. Game wise... don't see it as a major loss. Or is ncsoft doing something else besides a gazillion MMOGs?

Marek! I clarified my argument for going to the bank for a business loan:

It will pay for costs and allow you to work on a pitch. Once you've got backing from a publisher then you can use that money to repay the loan. The loan allows you to start straight away, rather than waiting to be picked up.

If you start Idle Thumbs Games I will buy two copies of whatever you publish, no matter how rubbish. Lay-offs are immensely sucky :(

If you start Idle Thumbs Games I will buy two copies of whatever you publish, no matter how rubbish. Lay-offs are immensely sucky :(

Limbo of the Lost 2

Holy shit this sucks in so many ways :(:spiraldy:

I agreee with dan. Begin for yourself. I know you guys can do it!