Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Grand Theft Auto IV

It makes total sense, of course. It just means I can't take my time doing it -- I'll have to go amok with grenades and shit.

The Camera: The entire time I played the game, I was holding the RS slightly upwards so I could see the road better. I thought it was idiotic I had to do that.

Has anyone managed the ten cars in an explosion thing yet?

Yes, I did it. I tried a few methods, like stealing a bunch of cars and piling them up in an alley, but I think they actually started disappearing. Then I tried getting in the middle of an intersection and crashing some cars so everyone around had to stop, but people kept chasing after me and I think I blew myself up or something. When I finally did it, it was a really simple tactic. I just waited for a whole bunch of cars to stop at a traffic light, then shot the first car with a rocket, then the 3rd or 4th car, then the 7th car, etc. and they all started catching on fire and blowing up. Stupidly easy.

The Camera: The entire time I played the game, I was holding the RS slightly upwards so I could see the road better. I thought it was idiotic I had to do that.

That's the only serious complaint I've had with the game: the external driving camera is always much too low. :tdown:

Yeah, but I don't even notice it anymore, though. It's weird that they a) haven't noticed it, or B) chose to keep it like that.

We stand by our view that GTA 4 is one of the finest games released on this generation of consoles, but what do you think? Do you agree with John?

I think John is a DICK.

What I found the most funniest hilarity was that even when he's supposed to comment on a specific aspect of the game, he returns to complaining that he cannot do all this stupid shit that it is in fact awesome that you cannot do. As a random example, that you cannot "stand on their bonnet and get a ride around". Jesus Christ.

Well, fuck me. After completing every mission in the game on the first or second try, I'm now at my fifth attempt at the last mission.

I'm not complaining or anything, but I wouldn't mind a checkpoint maybe after I've

for once fucking managed to fucking timed the fucking motorcycle jump onto the fucking helicoper

Fuck.

It only took me one more try after I finally got

on that fucking helicopter.

Just don't be too aggressive. All you need to do is survive that part and the endgame shootout will come.

It's definitely the most frustrating bit in the game. For my part, I'd have liked a checkpoint after

cleaning out the warehouse, which is the most tedious and longwinding part of everything you have to repeat. It doesn't help that's it's ridiculously easy, so it's really just grinding.

Now that I haven't touched the game in a while, I can safely say I'm a liiiittle disappointed in how empty the world becomes once you finish all the missions. Even though there are still enough cars to steal and everything... there's just little use. And neither is there any use for the money. Why can't I buy up increasingly luxurious apartments all over town? What's my money DOING there all alone and useless near the top of the screen?

I'm gonna use it to buy weapons for completing that car explosion achievement. Then, who knows. I've got the rolling one left, too. And the stunt jump and flying rats. I don't know about those...

The pigeons and jumps are a good way of getting to know the city. Not much need if you're at the last mission and don't play multiplayer though.

I have abstained from GTA multiplayer so far, and I can't wait to try it.

I have abstained from GTA multiplayer so far, and I can't wait to try it.

I would gladly oblige you - it's a riot with the right people.

We should organise a Thumbs GTA meetup. How about next Tuesday, 10pm BST?

Yeah, with random people it's really so-so, but with the right people it is fucking awesome.

I was in a bunch of races with some people from another community a few months ago and it was honestly as fun as Mario Kart (there were weapon pick-ups on the road!) The boat races are ass though :tdown:

Fuck this! Fuck GTA IV! Fuck Rockstar! Fuck their fucking motorcycle! Fuck the fucking last mission! Fuck the fucking ramp and the motherfucking chopper! Did they not play test this game?! It was like this in San Andreas too -- awesome and fantastic and then you're toward the end and bam! they fuck you right up the old asshole. I'm this close to breaking the fucking DVD.

HEY ROCKSTAR! MAYBE YOU SHOULD SPEND A LITTLE LESS MONEY ON FANCY INTRO LOADING PICTURES AND MORE MONEY ON KICKING THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THE FINAL MISSION IN THE MOUTH! THIS IS GTA IV NOT "GROUNDHOG DAY THE GAME"

Okay, I just finished the last mission.

Then, during the end credits, when the camera was revealing the statue of happiness, I got a "disc unreadable" error.

Then, after loading up the game again, the game started right at the beginning of the end credits. Awesome.

Anyway, I'm back to watching the end credits.

THIS IS GTA IV NOT "GROUNDHOG DAY THE GAME"

Why isn't there a groundhog day game? It would be awesome. Only way to win is to figure out the puzzles by dying repeatedly etc

Why isn't there a groundhog day game? It would be awesome. Only way to win is to figure out the puzzles by dying repeatedly etc

Taking the bait: it was called Manic Miner.