Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Grand Theft Auto IV

Well apparently it's only choosing "Deal" or "Revenge" that makes the difference.

Killing or not killing Darko makes no difference -- other than the lines spoken. It's worth noting that after Roman's death, and the ending, and the credits, when you're dumped back into the game world you keep getting phone calls of commiserations... It's very sad *sniffle*

Oh man, that expansion looks fantastic. The only way they could have made me happier would be with new locations in addition to new story. So psyched for this, but the wait til February is going to kill now.

Unfortunately, this weekend is a crunch time for exams for me so anything between tomorrow and Monday are pretty much out. Honestly I still don't have the matchmaking worked out, but I'll pop GTA in sometime tonight and see if anyone's around for a game.

Weekends aren't good for me, but enjoy yourselves.

Gutted we didn't have a session in the end last Thursday. We need to try again mid-week - how about next Tuesday (25th Nov) at 9pm GMT?

The only way they could have made me happier would be with new locations in addition to new story

I'm actually glad they're not spending a minute creating new locations. I feel Liberty City is so huge and well made, it has room for shitloads of new stories and even new types of gameplay. I think telling more and different stories in this city will only make it richer. I can easily imagine playing a dozen different games in this city alone.

It's like a more powerful version of the experience I had when Half-Life, Opposing Force and Blue Shift crossed paths. The result really exceeded the sum of the individual, uh, you know.

And, while I'm at it, that is again a more powerful version of being able to see places you've already been. I noticed Uncharted did this to some extent, and Mirror's Edge a lot. You'd run across rooftops and into a building, take the elevator up a zillion floors, and when you step out you can look out a window and see the rooftops you crossed, tracing the route you took. I'm just a huge fan of that kind of stuff.

Weekends aren't good for me, but enjoy yourselves.

Gutted we didn't have a session in the end last Thursday. We need to try again mid-week - how about next Tuesday (25th Nov) at 9pm GMT?

Tuesdays not so good for me, but have fun!

How about everybody list the days of the week they're likely to be able to play on, and then we take it from there?

Me: All the days

In the next 7 days: I can do any day except this Friday. Sat (all day)/Sun (all day)/Wed (eve only) are best, but I can make any other evening (8pm GMT onwards).

(Jeez, didn't life used to be a lot less complicated?)

My schedule is rather severely more limited. I'm available after 6:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays (Which I believe is 1:30am GMT, so that could be difficult) and any time after 1:00 on Thursdays (8pm GMT). Weekends vary week to week. For example, I think mid-afternoon on Sunday is actually viable this week, but that's no guarantee for any other Sundays.

Given how limited pretty much any day is usually for me, I'll just chip in those days when I am available, and you folks should just set up your games. I'll show when I can. On the plus side, 2-ish weeks from now the semester is over, and I get a good few solid weeks of quality game time! Expect to see a lot more of me then. In the mean time, I'll say any game on a Thursday I'm in for. But please don't bother setting anything around my limitations. There are simply too damn many of them.

I'll finally be able to join in on the fun and play GTA IV on the PC real soon. GTA IV pre-ordered on steam! yay!

I'll finally be able to join in on the fun and play GTA IV on the PC real soon. GTA IV pre-ordered on steam! yay!

Did you get a free copy of Vice City for immediate download when you pre-ordered?

Fucking shitsock! Assdance! That was tonight?! I'm going on a trip early tomorrow, so I have to hit the sack almost now... I was certain it was a Thursday. Sorry! Hopefully you won't even miss me.

Epic calendar FAIL ;(

Wondering if we should just postpone 'til Thursday then. Miffy could make it then, too.

Sod it, I've moved this week's planned Grand Thumb Auto to Thursday now and updated the calendar.

For those so inclined, there's an iCal feed - as well as an XML feed - if you want to automatically add Thumbs events to your personal calendaring software.