Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Found my way here from the Shack, listened to the podcasts from the start and just signed up to the forums. Let's see then if I'll be posting my crap here in the future...

Greetings.

Despite what you might have heard about my username, I tend to actually tell the truth in my postings. Found the podcast after the shakedown at 1up and have enjoyed having pods cast into my face ever since.

Hey there.

My name is Andre, I'm from Brazil (a.k.a. the place where Mega Drive never dies) and it's been about 3 weeks since I've started listening to the podcast. Saw it on a thread in NeoGaf, I lurk around there (since no one's activate my account D': )

I decided to create an account so I would have something to do on my tedious hours of work.

Oh, and love the songs ! First one I heard was "You have to use the little kid (to kill that old snake)" and that really got me by surprise !

Cheers !

Hi. I like video games.

I've been putting off listening to idlethumbs forever since finding out about it through the numerous posts about it on the Shack but I've recently started listening and now I can't get enough of this shit :D

Welcome to all the fresh mea... New members. :shifty:

Good to have you on the forums :tup:

Hi.

I wandered in because I dig the casting of the pod and figured there had to be a cool community starting up around it. Turns out I was right.

My name is Chess, frizby on PSN. I'm 36 and have been gaming most of my life going back to the 2600. Right now, I'm spending my gaming time on Burnout Paradise, Warhawk, LittleBigPlanet and Rockband.

Hope this finds you all well, and I'll try to be as active as time permits. It's always fun to get in a community on the ground floor!

ground floor!

Hi! Well, some of us have been here for a half-decade now, but the podcast is a new thing, and so the community's definitely experiencing a renaissance as a result :tup:. So, welcome to that!

Hi! Well, some of us have been here for a half-decade now, but the podcast is a new thing, and so the community's definitely experiencing a renaissance as a result :tup:. So, welcome to that!

Apologies. It's part of my narcissism to think that nothing's relevant till I show up! ;)

The podcast is great. I happened upon it by way of Leigh Alexander's blog when she mentioned the 'Ballad of John Riccitello', I think. I'm too lazy to double check that. Anyway, after completing my marathon catch-up on all of said casts of pod, I went back to my normal listening and was horrified to discover that ALL other gaming podcasts now suck horribly in comparison.

Damnit.

Oh well, I'll live.

Brazil (a.k.a. the place where Mega Drive never dies)

I read somewhere that they made a Mega Drive 3 specifically for Brazil. Is that true? Is it an official product, or some dodgy knock-off? I find it amusing and kind of heartening that something in a field generally so transient can endure for so long somewhere in the world. Because, you know, it means I don't have to worry about bothering with any of that out-of-date crap. Somehow. I don't know.

I don't really feel entrenched enough to be welcoming people (being new and lacking in contribution), but rest assured that if I did I would.

I always thought the Mega Drive 3 was a knock off because I heard there were some games it couldn't play or it could not be hooked up with the 32x.

I always thought the Mega Drive 3 was a knock off because I heard [...] it could not be hooked up with the 32x.

This is a good thing, trust me... :getmecoat

Hi, I have listening to the Podcasts for a while and thought I should really sign up.

I don't think I've ever had to introduce myself as myself online before so this is a novelty. I am from Cambridge in the Uk and have been increasingly interested in the rise of academic games writing for a while. This usually spikes at times when I have other work to do.

I think the megadrive 3 thing was covered well over at insertcredit. I think it had wireless controllers but only two buttons. It made little sense to me.

All the best.

hey guys, I've been reading here for some time and just noticed I never registered.

so, hi!

So I stumbled across the podcast at the recommendation of a friend and now here I am on the forums.

I could sit here and tell you every little thing about me but lets be honest, that's no fun.

Hi everyone,

Started listening to the podcast about 3 months ago and only getting round to checking out the forum just now. Your podcast is pretty great, replaced the now long defunct GFW radio as my favourite weekly podcast.

Waves. Hi I am Patrick, Maths student from the UK.

been Gaming for 15-16 years current machines are Xbox 360, Wii and a Laptop for low end PC games. Loving the Podcast, reflects a lot of my opinions on games; and made me give Far Cry 2 a second chance.

I discovered the podcast for a guy on the Telltale Games forums, and have since listened to them all from Itunes/my Ipod.

I discovered the podcast for a guy on the Telltale Games forums, and have since listened to them all from Itunes/my Ipod.

I have to admit I got nervous when the podcast got linked from the Telltale forums. "Click here to listen to the TTG staff member guy who posts in the forum and blog all the time and works here, swearing like a maniac and cracking way too many suspicious off color jokes." No complaints so far, but yeah, I jumped a little when that thread appeared.

Anyway, welcome!

Hi, all.

I guess I have to write something about myself, um, I'm 21 from Canada, doing my 3rd year of Electrical Engineering. I love listening to the Idlecast, and they always talk abotu the boards, so I thought I'd join to see whats good. I have a PC and PS3 but lately only playing PS3, until Guild Wars 2 is released than I'll be lost in my PC again.

I've been playing a lot of Killzone 2 online lately if anyone wants to play with me online add me PSN: kosluftar

My username is made up of two words, "Kos" which stands for Kosovo and "Luftar" which means soldier in Albanian.

Anyway thats it about me.

"WIZZZARD!"