Guest Monkey

Sam and Max is coming back

I understood that too.

Episodic content is new and it's not *bling-shininy-effect-in-your-eyes-bling* new so it is very good news that some people are experimenting with the format.

:wtf:

Move forward, Game Industry!

Don't you have song to write or something ?

At least he's honest. Ah, for the halcyon days of the 6th grade, when I thought Limp Bizkit and Blink 182 qualified as music...

Why are these old posts being dirged up? Especially when all that's in them is sarcastic comments about S&M never returning... Seems kinda pointless, Mr Borland.

Haven't there been like 20 sequels now? :fart:

Resurecting this thread because I just played the first episode of Sam and Max on X360.

Rodkin and co. Good job!:tup::shatner:

There are a couple of niggling bugs in the game with speach not being activated and some random other problems but the in general it was thoroughly entertaining. One of the girls I'm seeing, who isn't into games, got really into it and is actually tempted to play it.

Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

One of the girls I'm seeing, who isn't into games, got really into it and is actually tempted to play it.

Hopefully Sam & Max will help you out with all the girls you're seeing, not just the one!

Lol. The other is a die hard SEGA fan so I don't have any worries with that.

Seriously, the first episode is the perfect length and pitch, the visual and audio hints are perfectly placed so that you never really get properly stuck and frustrated. The voice acting is nigh spot on (although for some reason I always imagine the actor who played Gomez in the original Adams Family series doing the voice of Sam) and I really appreciated seeing the concept art (glad sybil deviated away from the original sketch). My only gripe is that the achievement for completing episode 1 didn't unlock when I finished epdisode 1 and being a long time compliance tester that would have been enough, in my eyes, to fail the game on submission.

My only gripe is that the achievement for completing episode 1 didn't unlock when I finished epdisode 1 and being a long time compliance tester that would have been enough, in my eyes, to fail the game on submission.

Well, as a long time compliance tester you could probably reasonably surmise that that achievement never failed on anyone during testing or it would have gotten kicked. That game was kicked back for less during its submission process. Sorry that it screwed up for you, though!

Yeah, I totally understand. Things like the menu option saying 'Return to arcade' in the main menu instead of 'Return to game library' can fail a game (they've changed the option name again in the newest revision of the TCR doc, doh!).

What I'm curious about is what combination of steps it was that caused this issue.

I was using an Xbox LIVE enabled gamer profile but I was not connected to Xbox LIVE at the time. That can often be the cause of problems. As can playing with a completely offline gamer profile while the console is connected to an ethernet cable

Man, I've been meaning to replay the old episodes for forever. I need to do that over the next few weeks. Haven't touched them since they were brand new.

I got it last week on XBLA, didn't get the achievement either at first, but the solution can be found on the official forums. Obviously you can "win" by using different approaches (although the endresult is the same) but not all count towards the achievement.

The game surprised me, and very positively at that. First, the series episode concept totally works for me. It's like I bought a tv series season on dvd, just as a game. I really like how the game's episodes are written around that concept. I can see this working for a lot of different stuff, and if you someday decide to make episodal CSI:Miama games you'd even get some dollars from my gf I guess ;)

Second, the humor: it's been a long time I played a game that funny, has to be since DOTT. I know lots of people find that kind of humor annoying, or just not funny but my crazy kind of humor totally fits with this, even though some of the more complex english phrases are beyond my understanding (and I'm usually to lazy to look it up when I'm not sitting at a pc)

I think the writing in general is pretty good and the puzzles are mostly logical. In fact so far (I'm at the beginning of ep5) I only twice didn't know what to do and both times I just didn't find that only little thing to click on, for whose there also was no incidication where they could be.

I'm definitely getting more Sam&Max, W&G & ToMI once they arrive on XBLA.

I just hope the price stays, contrary to that single W&G episode on there.

Oh yeah and most of the music is fantastic!

if you someday decide to make episodal CSI:Miama games you'd even get some dollars from my gf I guess ;)
Has she tried Telltale's existing CSI game?

Has she tried Telltale's existing CSI game?

she's not much interested in those other 2 series. I think they did one about the vegas based one? (+ a new one which was just announced I think)

there is one miami based one, she has that one already though.

No David Caruso and David Caruso's sunglasses, no purchase.

I guess you should have a special button in the corner somewhere you could use to take them off or put them on whenever you feel like it, especially in the middle of conversation.

I guess you should have a special button in the corner somewhere you could use to take them off or put them on whenever you feel like it, especially in the middle of conversation.

I so wish this forum had a reputation system so I could posrep this post.

:earl:

I so wish this forum had a reputation system so I could posrep this post.

:earl:

Kids today... half the time I don't even know what they're talking about.

Reputation System = a button in the post bit that lets you say "I like this post" or "I don't like this post". Then everyone gets to play a popularity game and lord it over each other how much other people like their forum persona.

We've used "sunglasses off" "sunglasses on" in a few meetings to discuss how to manage state changes in the engine's acting system. I wouldn't want to work on a CSI Miami game at all, but it would be pretty sweet to have a fully modeled and animated Caruso character just for sunglasses abuse.

You know what guys!? Sam and Max are both dead and are never coming back in any shape or form whatsoever, so deal with it and stop bellyaching. Fuck you. :frusty:

Sorry wha?

razorblade do you have a link to the forums. I'm not much fussed about getting the achievement but I'm just interested to see what I did 'wrong'.

Sorry wha?

Hahah, nevermind, I was getting into 2001 mode or something and now I forgot why. I think the title of this thread is funny because since Sam and Max has been back for a while now, not that the OP realized that either in 2006.