OftenK

The Wii's Launch

£149.99 would be lovely, but im expecting it to be more like £170.

they need to be carefulsih though i guess, if it was more than £170 id import one.

Don't forget the ever-present Nintendo Stigmata though; £170 would put the Wii dangerously close to the "superior" Xbox 360 Core pack, just revised to £199.99 last month.

I think if Nintendo push the console price above £150 then they're idiots. And all their pre-release behaviour suggests they're certainly not idiots--not this time around anyway.

Conversely, I think that making the price any lower might hurt DS sales, so I'm fully expecting a £149.99 price point announcement tomorrow (WiiSports bundle included, naturally).

A march launch for europe??? :0

http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732764p1.html

Coverage from 1up

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153640

This is a blurb from the rayman one.

Milking a cow requires players to alternate moving the nunchaku and Wii Remote up and down quickly, while throwing a cow requires players to spin the Wii Remote in circles to build up speed (with the cow spinning on a chain in the air) and then let go to see how far they can throw it. Think of it like an Olympic event.

Now we know why there's a wrist strap. I hope they make the controller tough. :)

I think the DS was November in North America, December in Japan, and March in Europe. Two for two on NA and Japan so far, so we'll see. Good to see that Bomberman is still Bomberman on the Wii. None of that Xtreme crap for ninty. They still have to announce a Canadian price, but I'm assuming $300, which is ok by me.

Today's conference will be presented by Iawata, our secret man on the floor confirms :) Hence the one day delay of the conference.

Seeing as Nintendo claim they are making profit on Wii hardware sales a £149.99 tag is still possible I guess and hope.

Seeing as they expect 4 million units to be shipped by the end of the year, everything is region free, and the conference is today not January, I'd say a December release is likely, the 1st is looking to be the date people have their bets on.

come on Ninty, don't smash our hopes and dreams on the cobbled floor of after thought.

Today's conference will be presented by Iawata, our secret man on the floor confirms :) Hence the one day delay of the conference.

It's very nice to have the top dog making the effort to announce all this personally methinks.

I'd say a December release is likely, the 1st is looking to be the date people have their bets on.

If Nintendo announce a release here before Christmas, I think people will be cheering in the conference hall.

The new ipods are $250, and £190 :(

£149.99 would be lovely, but im expecting it to be more like £170.

they need to be carefulsih though i guess, if it was more than £170 id import one, seeing as they are region free AND out first in the states, and cost a mere £133. +40% import tax though :(

easily avoided …… ¬¬

£113 (€167) from Japan a month later.

Bonus: Japanese menus give you extra hardcore cred.

The new ipods are $250, and £190 :(

That's absolutely shocking

easily avoided …… ¬¬

how? Would like to know ;)

£113 (€167) from Japan a month later.

Bonus: Japanese menus give you extra hardcore cred.

wouldn't be surprised if it was like the DS and had all languages built in globally

When is the info event starting today?

Or has it already started?

in 10 minutes, 12 noon uk time.

My local paper, the Argus, has got the wrong end of the stick and has published a story about the wii costing £115, as announced yesterday. What is it with Argus / Argos today?

hopefully some live blogging might occur here, as i will try and phone in to the conference :)

When is the info event starting today?

Or has it already started?

It should be kicking off any time now and ends early this evening.

Lanyard commentary: elegant, simple, nice font, while the strap bears the "Wii Play Together" slogan. Decent clip mechanism. 7/10.

Teehee :) Now lets hope the Wii price & release date are just as good (or even better!)

I haven't been able to tell from any of the reports if it's going to come with a controller for the virtual console. Does anyone know?

I haven't been able to tell from any of the reports if it's going to come with a controller for the virtual console. Does anyone know?

I'd seriously doubt it to be honest. The Wii-mote rotated through 90 degrees will probably suffice for most people, for the moment.

the classic controller is sold separately in japan and us

Hopefully can just use a wavebird for VC games

I think you can use the wii-mote for at least nes games, right?

I doubt it will come bundled with any kind of other controller except Wii-mote and the nunchuk.

ok im lisnteing in, the music they are playing is crap and they keep asking people to turn off their phones and other electronic devices, clearly this is being ignored.