OftenK

The Wii's Launch

The only ostensible gameplay difference between Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion is that Fusion holds your hand most of the way through, so I'm surprised you enjoyed that one and not the other.

But meh, to each his own ^_^;;

I think it's a stupid article. It ends with

Yes. What I've always wanted was online Zelda. :deranged:

Also

YES! I demand progressive scan Clu-Clu Land fully online enabled with leaderboards! No wait, I don't care. If anyone played the "online" modes of the classic arcade games on Live, they'd know that it's not exactly a model worth pursuing because nothing makes Frogger more fun than LAG. :deranged:

I do sort of wonder if they're not going to try to space all of the first party games that people really want over the entirety of 2007.

I started losing the faith when I heard that they were holding the Game Cube version of Zelda for an extra month in order to give the Wii a boost at launch.

Some poor bastards pre-ordered it over a year ago. It seems like an assholeish thing to do to them, especially since they were the people that wanted the game the most.

What's Play?

The Wii Play thing that they're planning on selling. The duck hunt and pong type tech demos from E3 that can't really stand on their own bundled together. Sounds like it could be quite fun, especially when first getting a feel for the controller.

I'm surprised they're bothering with the GameCube version of Twilight Princess at all. Shops don't even have GameCube shelves here anymore, and if they do it's literally one or two columns. Usually one. ;(

Man, this is the first console I'm really interested in and I'm caught in a dilmena : the Wii will be available at the end of the year in France for around 250€, but I'm going to the US a few months later and I'll stay there for a great while , plus the console is cheaper there (around 200€), and on top of that before my departure to the US I still have to discover the games on the PS2 I just bought for nothing.

I knew I should have decided on my own that this console was shite ... and change my mind at the release.

For the most part, I think that people just don't know what to do with the Wii, so the first batch of games (with a few notable exceptions) are all compilations of whatever a developer can cobble together to see what will work in the future. It took stuff like Trauma Center, Kirby, Advance Wars, and Nintendogs before people realy started to take the DS seriously and think about what they could base an entire game off of. The same thing needs to happen with the Wii. Innovators will step up, and people will begin to think more about how to actually create unique experiences for the system. Until then, minigames.

I'm surprised they're bothering with the GameCube version of Twilight Princess at all. Shops don't even have GameCube shelves here anymore, and if they do it's literally one or two columns. Usually one. ;(

I think that they'd lose a good amount of credibility if they didn't release the NGC version. Imagine having something on pre-order for more than a year and a half, being told that it's finished, but they're waiting to release it with a new console, then being told that you're SOL and you need to buy the new console.

That would suck.

There are benefits of the realease. 1, it's a sure fire holiday sale. Not everyone will be able to get a Wii at launch. (I'm not even sure that I can budget one that close to Xmas.) Some people are still skeptical and waiting to see how it does.

Others couldn't find anything appealing in the launch list. (Seriously, I can't see my GF playing most of those. She usually likes Non-Zelda RPGs.... the fact that Link doesn't talk pisses her off.)