ysbreker

Movie/TV recommendations

Only thing more monotonous than the Hollywood color palette is your continuous ranting about orange and teal.

:)

I could make my writing a bit more colorful if you want ;)

I could make my writing a bit more colorful if you want ;)

That would be wonderful... no no... crackerjack!

Glad to hear that the new Sherlock Holmes is entertaining. The reviews haven't been too good, but then again, I didn't expect them to be.

That would be wonderful... no no... crackerjack!

There... updated. It's not much more colorful.

Good. Quite a lot of teal and orange, though. Are you sure you don't work for Hollywood?

I don't know... I don't think so. How can I know for sure? Is this reality?

No El Muerte, this is just fantasy.

I just finished The Captains on the sorta-kinda-not recommendation of the Giant Bomb crew. A few weeks ago they talked briefly about how the all had to stop watching it because Kirk talking to Picard broke their brains. And it does! It's really sort of weird. It's also kind of "raw" and a really interesting watch. If you have any interest in the people behind the captains, I'd really recommend it.

because Kirk talking to Picard broke their brains. And it does!

I always thought they were part of the same crew, but then I googled it and apparently they're twenty years apart.

I should probably get around to watching Star Trek.

Edited by Kroms

No El Muerte, this is just fantasy.

I just finished The Captains on the sorta-kinda-not recommendation of the Giant Bomb crew. A few weeks ago they talked briefly about how the all had to stop watching it because Kirk talking to Picard broke their brains. And it does! It's really sort of weird. It's also kind of "raw" and a really interesting watch. If you have any interest in the people behind the captains, I'd really recommend it.

Don't watch Star Trek Generations then :P.

Don't watch Star Trek Generations then :P.

Haha, I hate Generations. It's terrible.

Anyone miss Sherlock?

Argghh!

Another victim to your insidious machinations, Kroms.

And here we are, over a year later.

article-0-0A76AB7B000005DC-864_468x524.jpg

Excuse me while I suck bandwidth out the Daily Mail without giving them page hits.

Series two started yesterday. I managed to see the first hour, and it was excellent. Unluckily, the episode cut out at this point for me. I really, really want to know what happens. Only nine more hours to go! :(

The hour I did see was very exciting. Definitely the episode I've enjoyed the most out of the three. I like how the script explores characterization and plot without ever compromising.

Woah, woah, Sherlock is back? Sign me the hell up. I loved the first series.

Also, I hadn't noticed El Muerte's earlier... colorful post. Are we sure he's not a troll?

Amusingly, Cumberbatch is a dwarf in that film.

Nah, Cumberbatch is the voice of Smaug in the film. More amusing though, Barry Humphries is the Great Goblin.

Also, I hadn't noticed El Muerte's earlier... colorful post. Are we sure he's not a troll?

There is no teal in my avatar. It's just orange. Also, my avatar predates the whole T&O movement. In fact, I've been using this avatar even before "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" was released.

In fact, I've been using this avatar even before "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" was released.

I can confirm this, because I remember this avatar from the official Unreal Tournament forums around the time when Mark Rein said "Two weeks!" until the UT2k3 demo and then that turned into something like a million years. Point is, I remember ElMuerte from his avatar and can thus confirm he's had this avatar forever.

Watched Ghost Protocol today on an posifuckingtively enormous screen. The best part was the Bat Man short thing—whatever you call it—they played before the main feature, the one with all the goings on on the plane. Exciting, to be sure!

No wait, even better was the ad for some scrap metal place outside Sydney. I wonder how much scrap metal business those ads bring in.

Anyway, the Ghost Protocol story was probably terrible—I was too busy taking in the spectacular huge explosions, arabian towers, lady cleavages, card hacking devices, Tom Cruise's noses and people messing around in a car park, fighting and denting other people's BMWs to pay much attention to what it all meant. Anyway, I thought I'd never enjoy a cinema experience again, BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG.

THE END.

Holy heck, Sherlock was good.

I just watched it myself; and yes it bloody was!

Watched Ghost Protocol today on an posifuckingtively enormous screen. The best part was the Bat Man short thing—whatever you call it—they played before the main feature, the one with all the goings on on the plane. Exciting, to be sure!

No wait, even better was the ad for some scrap metal place outside Sydney. I wonder how much scrap metal business those ads bring in.

Anyway, the Ghost Protocol story was probably terrible—I was too busy taking in the spectacular huge explosions, arabian towers, lady cleavages, card hacking devices, Tom Cruise's noses and people messing around in a car park, fighting and denting other people's BMWs to pay much attention to what it all meant. Anyway, I thought I'd never enjoy a cinema experience again, BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG.

THE END.

That's similar to how I felt when my step-dad and step-granddad (if that's a thing) decided we should go to it as a "guy's day" when I was visiting the family. The story was garbage, a lot of the things in it were stupid (

airbags save lives, y'know

) but the supporting cast and sheer bombast of the thing made it enjoyable. It's not great, but if you want to forget the world for a while and look at cool things, you could do much worse.

Also saw Hugo and Rise of the Planet of the Apes while I was there. Hugo was fucking great, if a little heavy on the name-drops. Well, maybe not even. Perhaps that's just my inner film geek going "Well obviously if I've already seen all the movies that they're pulling clips from they're just scratching surface level things. Show me something NEW!" but in reality I'm a pretentious dickbag. It could easily be either one of those things. Either way, it was a really charming and sweet movie, and if you're a fan of silent film it pays wonderful homage to it. First thing I've ever seen in 3D, too. In a "normal" movie, I can see the pop-up book effect that 3D seems to give to actual human actors becoming really distracting, but as Hugo actually had the tone of a pop-up style book in it's story and atmosphere, it actually felt appropriate and enhanced the movie for me. Make of that what you will.

As for Rise of the Planet of the Apes, I only have one sentence: Much better than it had any right to be.