Moosferatu

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Check it out. Though I wish Ancel was working on a sequel to BG&E, this looks and sounds awesome. Does anyone know what price-point Wii games are likely to start at? I hope it's not $60 like the others.

rayman-raving-rabbids-20060503113124841.jpg

Is Rayman going Xtreme and Dark like Prince of Persia or what?

Judging by his 'fro in the screenshot, no. That picture makes me very happy. As does that rabbit you've got up there. I feel like giggling unconrollably for a while, so if you'll excuse me... :getmecoat

I loved the screenshot I saw. I was a bit disappointed in what little I played of Hoodlum Havoc, but this seems like it's going to be zany and over the top. And a launch title at that! Ancel sure cooks them up for us!

Wii games will most likely be cheaper than the rest. There has been talk of only 40 Euros per game, which would be around the same pricetag of DS games. Nintendo are breaking the mold with this one.

this looks sweet.

what is it with rabbits, anyway?

answer: they represent a basic lustfulness and subconsciously make people buy products that feature them. There is an unconditional trust that they represent as people cannot think of a rabbit being anything other than cute and timid and nice.

There is an unconditional trust that they represent as people cannot think of a rabbit being anything other than cute and timid and nice.

Yeah, but you could have said the same thing about Teddy Bears before Conquer's Bad Fur Day. Now I can't see one without wanting to explode it's head. On a similar matter: Marek, your image asplode. What was I supposed to be seeing there?

There is an unconditional trust that they represent as people cannot think of a rabbit being anything other than cute and timid and nice.

You've not seen Watership Down then?

"It's a real pleasure for me to be back working on an all-new Rayman," said Michel Ancel. "After wrapping up Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie, [...]"

Hah. Does he legally have to call it that? Yikes.

That's from a press release, so it's not an actual quote. It's something that is agreed upon as "the quote".

RayMan always lacked holy handgrenades (preferably of Antioch), maybe it's Ubisoft's response to that tacky problem.

The same is unfortunately the case in the disappointing Worms for the DS :(

That's from a press release, so it's not an actual quote. It's something that is agreed upon as "the quote".
Hahahahahha....

I haven't seen the trailer yet, so what I'm getting from this is that it's like Gex all over again. Please, please tell me this is wrong.

EDIT: Watched it now. Never mind, that's awesome. More Mars Attacks! than anything else, really. That's probably why I like so much.

I plan to play Misirlou at my wedding. Also, what's with Edward Scissorhands?

Heh... the video on the show floor is a bunch of sketches involving rabbits.

We see a rabbit sitting on the toilet. He screams, and brandishes a toilet cleaning brush, and it cuts to a title: "Rabbits don't close doors."

Rabbit sitting in a frying pan. He screams, and brandishes a spatula. Title: "Rabbits can't cook eggs."

Lots of screaming and brandishing, basically. Amusing, though, and they gave me 2 t-shirts :)

(different ones)

It feels so damn good to see Ancel doing something awesome again, Kong was a good game, but it's nothing compared to Rayman.

Man, that trailer makes me want this game. One game again that goes to my evergrowing list of *must have* games.