Sign in to follow this  
Jayel

a little tribute to the world's greatest sauce

yeah, um, tabasco sauce is pretty boring i think a more miraculous sauce is fish sauce - it smells awful but when you put it in things it becomes magical and there are fairies and you can have peacocks in your apartment and stuff like that

Tabasco ... I never really thought of it as sauce as much as a .... something else.

But it is DELICIOUS mixed with tomato juice. Mmmm yes. Good lord Tomato Juice and Tabasco Sauce is the best thing ever, truly. Try it sometime, but get PROPER tomato juice made from REAL tomatoes, and only put in like five drops of tabasco even if it's a large glass...

- Yufster

HP sauce is in fact the best ACTUAL sauce, yes. As apposed to Tabasco, which is just really delicious in Tomato Juice.

- Yufster

I don't think I've even sampled Tabasco. And I couldn't say which sauce I like best. I'm not much of a sauce-person. Wait, appelsauce. Yumm. And Mayonaise. I effing drown 'em in it.

After a couple of years of practising I have finally found the perfect mix of Tabasco and Heinz ketsup for my spaghetti. It tastes pretty damn good.

I don't think I've even sampled Tabasco. And I couldn't say which sauce I like best. I'm not much of a sauce-person. Wait, appelsauce. Yumm. And Mayonaise. I effing drown 'em in it.

What do you drown in it? :shifty:

Ok, well I'll take an educated guess at chips. And yes, mayonaise with chips was a great idea. Chips, Mayonaise and a mushroom omlette. :tup:

Chips? Or do you mean fries? Or is this some sort of crazy British fish 'n chips thing?

Everything is alright.

Chips? Or do you mean fries? Or is this some sort of crazy British fish 'n chips thing?

Everything is alright.

'fries'? 'fries'?

CHIPS I SAY!

Yes as in fish&chips

The potato snack that americans refere to as 'chips' are actually called crisps.

'fries'? 'fries'?

CHIPS I SAY!

Yes as in fish&chips

The potato snack that americans refere to as 'chips' are actually called crisps.

frites.jpgchips.gif

Okay.. which on is which 'cause I'm feeling confused.

And best sauce ever ever is "oignons-crystallized-with honey". Works with everything.

frites.jpgchips.gif

Okay.. which on is which 'cause I'm feeling confused.

And best sauce ever ever is "oignons-crystallized-with honey". Works with everything.

According to the Brits - from Left to Right: Chips, Crisps

According to the Yanks - from Left to Right: Fries, Chips

Our nouns all got mixed up and broken when we left England, apparently. Actually I like to think that we're doing it right and they broke it after we left, but who knows (or cares).

I just watched an episode of Absolute Power on the BBC with Stephen Fry, where the Brits were swept up to a foodboycot of American fastfood. Fun.

Just wanted a hook.

Damn, tabasco really is the best dipping sauce out there. Everyone looks at me weird when I pour out a really small bowl of it and start dipping my crisps in there (yeah, despite being Canadian, I say crisps. I also say "serviette" for napkin and "togs" for a bathing suit. Raised by an Aussie, talk like an Aussie) but damn if it isn't tasty. Everyone, forgo your hideous ranch and french onion dips and dunk your crisps in the spicy goodness of tabasco!