Kolzig

More videogame movie news! Buffy is Alice!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4114936.stm

Sarah Michelle Gellar will take the role of Alice in the movie adaptation of the great American McGee's game from the year 2000. Alice is now a Universal Pictures project.

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but like the Hitman movie, this film is not going be directed by the peoples favourite, Dr Uwe Boll. The film will be directed by Marcus Nispel, who recently made a new version of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. :hmph:

The fractured fairy tale, adapted by Erich and Jon Hoeber, picks up Alice after her home has been destroyed and her family killed. The sole survivor of the disaster, she returns to a dark and threatening Wonderland where she must confront her fears before returning to her normal life.

Variety also reports on the news.

Silly silly Sarah Michelle actually thought that she could move beyond Buffy-esque characters... :hah: with movies like Cruel Intentions... I am sure somewhere the geek-nation is celebrating! Hooray for boobies

Ok, has any of the game related movies released recently not been directed by Uwe Boll? :erm:

Is he the official "make games into movies" guys or what?

He's only actually directed a few movies.
Let's hope he drops dead before he gets to make more. Like so: enemykd-broccoli.gif

nein.gifnein.gifnein.gifnein.gif

:erm:

According to the recent news, in the next years he'll release several movies based on games (several a year)...

# Far Cry (2006) (announced)

# Fear Effect (2006) (announced)

# Hunter: The Reckoning (2006) (announced)

# Night Claws (2005) (announced) (A game?)

# Dungeon Siege (2006) (pre-production)

# Bloodrayne (2005) (post-production)

And of course now Postal and Alice...

No wonder they suck, he mustn't put too much time in thsoe movies, if he wants to make them in time...

Oops, I misread it and jumped to conclusions... ;(

Then there might be some hope for this movie after all...

I like Gellar for the role much better than Milla Jovovich, who was set to star back when Wes Craven was still in talks to direct it.

Not much better, but an improvement none the less.

... I am sure somewhere the geek-nation is celebrating! Hooray for boobies

I thought the geek nation was more obsessed with the Willow character from Buffy, Allyson Hannigan.

Anyhow, I'm not sure how well the Video game will translate to film - it was seriously a very trippy game. And they would have to rename the movie so that people don't get American McGee's dark version of Alice in the Wonderland versus the popularized and more innocuous Disney version. I can only imagine someone's little kid going "why does Alice wear bandages over her wrists??"

Let's hope he drops dead before he gets to make more. Like so: enemykd-broccoli.gif

repeatedly? Yeah, that would be best.

Hmm, what age is Alice? She was in the asylum for 10 years, she could be anything from 14 to 20... :erm:

I like Gellar for the role much better than Milla Jovovich, who was set to star back when Wes Craven was still in talks to direct it.

Not much better, but an improvement none the less.

Wes Craven would have been a better director though. Yeah, he's made a lot of crap but what has this guy made? The remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and a video for Faith No More. And this is Hollywood we're talking about, it's going to be a crappy action movie with Slipknot playing in the backround. I wish Hollywood would start being original again instead of making remakes, comic book movies, and video game movies.

I think Christina Ricci would have been better for the role. She's already creepy looking without the make up and she's a better actress than Sarah Michelle Gellar.

So... they're making a movie based on a game that's based on a book. Already much more original than Tomb Raider.

I hate what American McGee did with Alice In Wonderland, it's one of my favorite books, and he just took it, made it dysphoric and monsterous, slaped his name on the title (seriously, who does that in games?) and some people called him a genius. Why? I know that some of you guys like him too, but again why? I'd maybe like the guy if it weren't for Alice.

He's unoriginal and over appreciated, and this movie is going to be a sesspool of shit. Leave the Hatter alone!

And I do think that Christina Ricci is better for the part.

I'd slap my name on everying I make (and everything I own) if I had a cool name like American

Leave the Hatter alone!

Heh, he should be the one leaving other people alone. Wasn't he mutilating all of the other creatures into automatons or something like that?

Heh, he should be the one leaving other people alone. Wasn't he mutilating all of the other creatures into automatons or something like that?

He and the March Hare did put the Dormouse in the teapot for no reason, and made Alice switch places which she found quite annoying. But other than that he was a saint, an insane saint!

So... they're making a movie based on a game that's based on a book. Already much more original than Tomb Raider.

I hate what American McGee did with Alice In Wonderland, it's one of my favorite books, and he just took it, made it dysphoric and monsterous, slaped his name on the title (seriously, who does that in games?) and some people called him a genius. Why? I know that some of you guys like him too, but again why? I'd maybe like the guy if it weren't for Alice.

He's unoriginal and over appreciated, and this movie is going to be a sesspool of shit. Leave the Hatter alone!

And I do think that Christina Ricci is better for the part.

After reading the book, the Disney Alice doesn't seem so perfect either... :shifty:

After reading the book, the Disney Alice doesn't seem so perfect either... :shifty:

I've never seen Disney's Alice in Wonderland, and it was made at around 1940's, so I'd waste a rant if I'll talk about something that was made nearly 50 years before I was born.

But yeah, fight the power! :pwned:which ever it may be in the circumstance.