it's mostly an american thing, but we get it together with all the other bullshit swept over here from the colonies.

That fad is soon to be replaced by cosmetic food. Food that'll make you look better. Already hip in Hong Kong.

Japan is like a secretly even more horrible version of America.

And Chris, just in case you might be wondering... no HongKong is not in Japan so much as it is now part of the People's Republic of China (formerly part of the British Empire...) :erm:

You know, that doesn't sound so weird actually. If Japan were the size of America and had its power, I think I'd be a lot more afraid of it than I am of America now. Japan's a pretty creepy land.

You know, that doesn't sound so weird actually. If Japan were the size of America and had its power, I think I'd be a lot more afraid of it than I am of America now. Japan's a pretty creepy land.

Dare I say it, its track record has not be the greatest either. Then again, whose has been?

People don't eat food in America! That's a lie! They eat crap that makes them not fat, or that's what the TV is trying to tell me all the time.

I eat food. Deep fried, greasy, tasty food.

Proof that xenophobia can be comedic!

Remember that a lot of modern Japanese culture has been borrowed from the US. But it has been warped by the huge difractive lens of distance, language, time and ninjas native culture.

In the UK here is an awful lot of "healthy option" stuff, with "low fat" and all the rest of it (although they haven't yet claimed that eating it will force you to leave the sofa and become a better person). It's all bollocks of course, it's only healthy and low fat compared to the other preprocessed meals. Each packet still has more salt, sugar and fat than the entire fresh produce section in the same supermarket, but heaven forbid that the busy busy people of the English-speaking world should spend time messing about with ingrediants...

Hey, in Europe do all of the food products seem to be oriented around the phrases "low carb," "fat free," "burn more fat while eating," or "filled with vitamins and minerals that help you move from the couch?"

Or is it just a fat American thing?

In Spain we have all kinds of fat free and bio-something yogurts, but we don't have that many "healthy" products.

I have seen "light" dounts once... Bleh!

Are you talking about heatlhy food as in low fat ice cream or as in simply healthy food like soy bars? :erm:

Well, I've switched my diet over time. I used to scarf down a pack of donuts, a pack of snowy mini donuts, and sometimes I'd have a mini bag of crisps after that... As a second breakfast after work...

Now I eat fruit, soy or muesli bars, and yogurt, not all of them at the same time of course! Having a hiatal hernia, I really should better anyway... :erm: