syntheticgerbil

A Conclusion

I hate it too! I think it's bullshit! It was suggested that is the case in the Ron Gilbert interview! Hooray!

I've never seen it, fuck cunt, but I do like the music, fuck.

From what I've heard of it, it seems to be one of those movies that would be kind of good except for that everybody raves about it, and then people hate it for getting undeserved praise or something. I don't know. I keep meaning to watch it, honestly I do.

If there's one thing that's true is that hype is almost always bad for a movie/anything (because you go into it then with preconceived notions of how good or bad it should be) but that it is unavoidable to generate hype because as a human being you need to talk about the experiences of your life. Catch-22, we just have to live with it. I hate it too. The situation I mean.

I liked Donnie Darko. I haven't formed some obsession with it but I liked that it was different and yeah it turned a dial in a sci-fi geek part of me. The Gary Jules song is nice.

Also, the only reason opinions are so extreme on Donnie Darko is because of that truckload of patronizing people who will clamour that everyone has to see this or that movie and when you tell them you haven't seen something they'll go What- you haven't seen that?!!?!?! You haven't LIVVVVVVVED then go see it now and you call yourself a HUMAN?!!. They are the fucking devil. Patronizing is bad for this world, because folks will understandably immediately like or dislike certain movies/games just because there's this group of revolting people pushing it in your face, instead of judging the movie or whatever on its own terms. That's why I try never to be like that, pushing stuff onto people in such an aggressive way.

I saw the movie. I liked it.

To be honest I find Donnie Darko haters just as annoying as people who think Donnie Darko is the best, most meaningful movie ever. Both sides are wrong.

So, yeah, screw you all. :mock:

Fuck off, Dutchy. That movie is bullshit!

1. Dutch = dumb

2. Marek = Dutch

3. Marek = dumb

4. Marek likes Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko is thus dumb

well in THAT case, I guess you MUST be right Chris :grin:

Elementary!

I think we've been using the phrase "Best thread ever" a little too much, there can only be one best thread ever and we all know it's this one

and monkeydang is a real person

You're with me. We'll form a coalition of moderates.

Nobody wants to be in a coalition with YOU

I hate this thread because hating this thread is the new trendy thing to do.

I watched Donnie Darko when it was still an obscure movie, and I liked it, but I didn't think it was like ultra deep and shit like that. It had too much "I'm drew Barrymore. I'm deep, guys!" in it. And she's kind of like Madonna and the Kabala + British Accent. The same kind of intelligence that people who go to coffee shops have and talk about Donnie Darko and other cult books/movies/etc and think that the coffee makes them intelligent.

I thought it was alright, but I don't see why everyone talks about it like it is the most in-depth and meaningful shit since Citizen Kane. Besides, the rabbit was a total rip off. :mock:

I'll join the Gabber Dutch.

I find nothing to hate or rave about, I enjoyed the movie.

It is inoffensive and enjoyable to watch, so fuck you cunty. ;)

Besides, without it I wouldnt have been able to make this fantastic image ¬

post-8-13375602837412_thumb.jpg

I watched it one, and it was beautiful and horrible. The best movie I never have to see again. I believe I compared it to having an enema once. But it's so brilliant. And so painful to watch.

I watched half of donnie darko and then left the room to do something more interesting, like making tea. Jake gyllenhal or whatever is annoying.

I certainly don't hate this movie because it's the trendy thing to do (if it even is--I meet bajillions of people who think it's genius, and I have met maybe two people who don't like it). When I saw it, it had recently been released on video and I had never even heard of it. One of my friends said "Hey, I think you should watch this movie, I think you'd like it" and I was kind of dubious because it is the type of person who think I would like anything the slightest bit off-kilter. Anyway I saw it and thought it was pretentious and idiotic. It wasn't until sometime later that I discovered there was an entire cult around it.