Moosferatu

Random Psychonauts Tidbits (possible spoilers)

Confusion:

Try using it on Cruller, all the places he appears and the squirrels too! Use it on everybody if you can, but most of them just get dizzy...

I'm not going to read this thread until I'm done with the game, but I think this counts as a random Psychonauts tidbit. Back in 2002, these guys: ... would in fact run up to you with a big "NO" stamp and yell "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" in a metallic voice. Why the hell did they change them? The old classic E3 2002 brain censors were so good.

What a shit game.

Something interesting would be to see all the things that seems to have disappeared from teh game; such as, lots of thing in the napoleon world... apparently, it was completely redesigned : http://tim.grimfandango.net/psy/info/screenindex.php?sub=fred&num=0 (the last four screenshots)

The Design of the tower in Lungfush was entirely different http://tim.grimfandango.net/psy/info/screenindex.php?sub=lung&num=0.

I don't remember this this part and this part of Milla's Mind at all and you can't carry brains around anymore

And http://tim.grimfandango.net/psy/screens/asylum/17.jpg] that remains a mystery to me , even though the first version of campground is puzzling http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/e32002/xbox/psychonauts/psychonauts_screen003.jpg

Just by going through Tim Fandango's galleries, you can find more of those.

Boyd's mind:

I never got what that demon like thing that pulls you through the ground twice was supposed to represent. Anyone know?

I know you won't like this answer because it's so prosaic, but it went something like this:

They're really designed to be Milla's personal demons, but they were moved because Milkman was a little dull with no enemies. Generic censors couldn't be used because they're supposed to all be in hiding.

As others have pointed out, you can see them in their original home in Milla's secret sad room.

Spoiler: who is the milkman? This is much cooler.

Think "Manchurian Candidate".

The milkman is a sleeping personality inside Boyd's mind, put there by Ole. When triggered, his job is to destroy all evidence of evil doings by burning down the asylum. It's not stated explicitly what's supposed to trigger him, but Raz accidentally wakes him up.

The milkman doesn't belong, which is why the censors attack him. Thus the mission of the rainbow squirts.

My favorite thing:

In waterloo world: At the smallest scale, you can look inside one of the buildings and see the parlor where Napoleon and Fred are playing. And if you're in the parlor, the window overlooks some huge trees on the game board.

Why do Milla's nightmares have to be the same as Boyd's?

Last minute resource swap?

I saw a demo of Milla's dance party about two years ago, and the nightmare things from Boyd's mind were in there, not just behind the wall in the hidden room, but actively pulling people down through the floor, where you'd fight them. I think the level culiminated in a boss fight even. I guess they figured for story purposes it would be a little bit insane to have the entire camp of kids go through a "classroom" that was full of crazy out of control personal demons trying to kill you when you're mostly trying to learn to levitate.

In waterloo world: At the smallest scale, you can look inside one of the buildings and see the parlor where Napoleon and Fred are playing. And if you're in the parlor, the window overlooks some huge trees on the game board.

Yeah that was totally awesome.

All the changes seem to be for the better, overall. Although the old thought bubble was nice to look at.

I still haven't beat the game...that last level is killing me ;(.

I was kind of sad that there were so few brains too, I thought it would be a mind boggling bevy of brain tissue, it all went by too quickly.

I have a question, after you win, is there any chance to just go back and collect or do you have to load up a game from before the 'point of no return'?

I'm only missing one scavenger hunt item now and that's the miner's skull, I certainly now where it is, but I've tried like everything on it and still can't seem to get it? I thought TK would be answer but it doesn't seem so.

And yeah that polytope's favourite thing was awesome in the game.

It's awesome that there's so much small detail put in the game.

Like the reception area, around the campfire, there are names and faces in the carved trees. I wonder who they are?

I saw a demo of Milla's dance party about two years ago, and the nightmare things from Boyd's mind were in there, not just behind the wall in the hidden room, but actively pulling people down through the floor, where you'd fight them. I think the level culiminated in a boss fight even. I guess they figured for story purposes it would be a little bit insane to have the entire camp of kids go through a "classroom" that was full of crazy out of control personal demons trying to kill you when you're mostly trying to learn to levitate.

Woah, that's pretty interesting.

I'm only missing one scavenger hunt item now and that's the miner's skull, I certainly now where it is, but I've tried like everything on it and still can't seem to get it? I thought TK would be answer but it doesn't seem so.

Stand on the other geyser hole and activate your shield. The pressure build-up will blow the skull out of the hole.

Clairvoyance:

You can use it on the dancers in Mila's party, the bunnies next to the cannon in Basic Braining.

You can use them on the tanks in Lungfishopolis, but you see yourself normally. A shame, seeing "Gogalor" as monster would have rocked!

More stuff to do:

Punch the giant stump in the parking lot...

Go the reception area, the exact part where the game started, and push the "use" button on the stage... Several times!

:grin: Can someone help me, please?

I need to...

...kick that last wrestler's ass in Edgar's mind, but I do not have Confusion bombs to scramble his concentration so I can harm him. Please provide a hint as to how I might acquire such a novel defensive device. Thank you.

:grin: Can someone help me, please?

I need to...

...kick that last wrestler's ass in Edgar's mind, but I do not have Confusion bombs to scramble his concentration so I can harm him. Please provide a hint as to how I might acquire such a novel defensive device. Thank you.

Talk to the matador.

You have to talk to the bulldog as well. Go back and forth there. You should talk your way towards painting that poster.

You mean I need to go back and talk to all the dogs in that level first? That how it works?
If you haven't already, yeah, but I mean you have to talk to that bulldog who is standing in front of the last card poster/portal, who is trying to run out and paint the poster. Why people are having trouble with this one, I don't know.

I had a hard time beating those last few challenges/bosses because it was crashing my computer, played so smooth up until the end. I beat it a shade under 13 hours and now I feel like I must have missed alot ;(.

I have to admit there were quite a few times where I felt they should've just went into full on adventure mode, because even though the game world was fleshed out more than any platformer or action game it still felt, I don't know, less than Grim Fandango, for want of better description.

Now that I've got a TFT monitor and a CPU upgrade I decided to play Psychonauts...

Not only have gotten eveything in each level faster, I've reached level 75 in only 10 hours...

I'm also understanding the plot and game much better, and seeing stuff I've missed before...

And I FINALLY know what you see through Chloe's eyes with Claircvoyance... Yes, it's an alien...

Milka turns invisible and no matter what I do I can use Clairvoyance on her...

If someone else is replaying or playing it for the first time, could they NOT get Chloe and Milka's brains so we coudl find out what Bobby and Elton see when you use Clairvoyance on them?

Then again, since I've rescued Maloof and he isn't around were he should be, maybe they won't appear unless the other is there? :erm:

How do I get to the secret area in Millas mind ? Is it just me or are the campgrounds off limits after you finish the game?

How do I get to the secret area in Millas mind ? Is it just me or are the campgrounds off limits after you finish the game?

You mean the nightmare part? I think it's next the horizontal wind current. There is a room in one of the walls were you see kid stuff, punch the toy box and jump inside.

Once you put Mr. Pokelope's brain in the tank, you can't go back to the campground so you should have a save file right at that moment...

PS: The Milkman's Conspiracy is now my favorite level. This time I got all the items, including the rolling pin! I could just stand there listening to the agents rambling!

You mean the nightmare part? I think it's next the horizontal wind current. There is a room in one of the walls were you see kid stuff, punch the toy box and jump inside.

Once you put Mr. Pokelope's brain in the tank, you can't go back to the campground so you should have a save file right at that moment...

PS: The Milkman's Conspiracy is now my favorite level. This time I got all the items, including the rolling pin! I could just stand there listening to the agents rambling!

I want to finish those but I can't bear to go back and redo meat circus...

I want to finish those but I can't bear to go back and redo meat circus...

If you don't have a save game prior to that, there isn't much you can do... ;(

I think you can still go back to past minds whilst in the meat circus via the collective unconcious, as long as you have one of those little teleporter guys handy. You'll still end up having to do some of the circus, but it's actually incredibly easy the second time through. Really!