monkeydang

my fan made monkey island game

Does this use the Scumm engine? Could I run it on my Mac with Scumm VM?

the scumvm is not sued the gnine is possibly the worse..im just hoping to maybe humour a few people. :mrt:

Ive angered quiet a few forums already LOL they say im advertsiing...

Im not im sharing..im trying to share

:mrt: .."i pitty the fool you doesnt let someone share his humour with others!"

terribel engine no scum sorry..I realy am.maybe someone will notice my humour one day thoguh and i can work on a team of talted gifted prgarammers and we could use scumm...

Not as far as I can tell. :sartre:

Also, a small tip: If you're making the game to get a job, it might be advisable to create an original concept.

it might be advisable to create an original concept.

You're flying in the face of everything that makes this industry what it is!

:neiiin: Excellent. A victory for good taste.
Aaaaand the world's a better place.

I'm actually tempted to download this after reading this man's posts, I have the feeling it will be unintentionally funny just like the game Conspiracies.

Let us know if the dialogue is proofed better.
Your idealism brings tears to my eyes.

Ok well I was downloading it but I downloaded too much within one hour and now I have to wait. Rapid share sucks.

We eagerly await your report once it let's you dl the damn thing.

OH MY GOD, this game is amazing, everyone needs to download it. The game is so retarded it's funny. The intro is the most confusing thing I've ever seen and none of the scenes have anything to do with eachother. It starts off with Guybrush and Elaine on the beach having a vacation or something, then guybrush starts to hump elaine, but then elain turns into lechuck and elaine walks onto the beach and sees them.

Then with no explanation for the humping thing, it then cuts to Elaine's house where guybrush is sleeping and carla is reading him the plot of monkey island one. Herman Toothrot walks in and starts hitting on Carla. Then Lechuck flies in and everyone mysteriously disappears for no reason, Lechuck pulls guybrush out from underneath a chair and herman and carla appear at the door and make some funny comments, then Lechuck walks backwards out of the house.

And that was all in the intro, it makes absoluetely no sense at all but it's actually kinda worth downloading because my description doesn't come close to describing how retarded the game is. I just started the gameplay now and will review that soon. But so far, it really sucks. You can't even really walk around, you click on doors to automatically move from one room to another with no animations at all, and I really have no clue what to click on. But the intro was so worth it, there's a scene where a dog bites largo's crotch and it has nothing to do with the rest of the intro. I feel more retarded just from playing the game.

So I'm probably going to edit the hell out of this post, correcting grammer and added pictures to it. So expect it to keep changing over time.

55yx.png

This scene is the one with largo that I was talking about earlier. It just cuts to this room where Largo is petting the dog and then it bites him. That's it, no explaination of anything at all.

39mh.th.jpg

Yeah, this screenshot doesn't make sense at all. And don't worry if you think it would make sense with the context of the scene, it doesn't.

42bk.th.jpg

No monkey island game would be complete without Michael Jackson jokes. Notice that Guybrush is misspelled once in the shot.

1252rm.th.jpg

Sloved?

untitled7pv.th.jpg

The infamous love scene

Well those are probably the funniest screen shots of the game, there's some other comedy gold in the intro as well but I don't feel like posting it. As for the actual game, I'm stuck. I can walk around the house but I'm not finding anything I can actually grab (which I suppose makes sense considering that I don't even have an inventory) And it's impossible to even click on anything, there's tons of pixel hunting and usually when I want to interact with something, I have to click on a spot that's 2 centimeters from the actual object itself.

Did anyone even go to his homepage?

http://www.geocities.com/zl1corvette/

Apparently he wants to make a Sanford and Son version of Wolfenstein 3-D.

You made all that up, right?

I went to his site, but missed the Sanford & Sons bit.

You made all that up, right?

I went to his site, but missed the Sanford & Sons bit.

I wish I was smart enough to have made that all up.

I'd like to point out that in all the screenshots and stuff, nothing is animated at all. It's all in slideshow format. So in one slide, Largo is petting then dog, then all of a sudden the dog and largo start to float, then the next slide has the dog biting him. There's sound and music in the game though. The music playing during the intro is taken from the monkey island games, then during the actual game there's no music except for the kitchen where this really horrible song starts playing. There really isn't much sound though, doors make noise and when you go outside, there's a really loud wind noise playing. But the wind is actually part of the plot where something like the following is said...

Herman: "boys its is sure is very windys herba jerba"

Carla: "the creator of the game is probablys too lazi to have the karakturs close doors"

Ok, so that may not be exactly what is said word for word, but basically that's what they say in the scene, except the scene was probably harder to understand in the game.

The sanford and son mod thing can be seen underneath the description of the fan game. It's the line right underneath "viewed by over a dozen monkeys"

I know that my posts are kinda hard to read because the sentence structure and grammar are so bad, but it's probably because my IQ took a major nosedive after playing this game. I'm not kidding, my head just kinda hurts and I can't think clearly after playing this game.

Heres the walk through i just made

well, if i was trying to make a serious game, Id have to compete and you all knwo theres not a chance in hell for me to do that..so i made a reidcoulous and halarious game..that Im about to give you help on to beat...

ok..go into the kicthen..at the bottom of the kitchen screen youll see bags,,click on the bags..youll pick up bird seed..go back to the family room there youll see the front door..keep clicking it until your outsied..

by the by you may wanna print this wlakthrough.. :mrt:

youll absoulutley love the ending if your liking this now...

Ok..your outside now..leave the masion yard..click around until you find the hotspot to leave the yard...

You should be famialiar with the town click on doors to walk around...

Leave the first section of town and go towards the vodoo shop..ok..click on the vodoo shop door..youll go into another cutscene..when that cutscene is finished give the brid seed to the bird..and when the bird is on the seed pick up the bird..... :mrt: sometimes clickibng the bird is hard and sometimes giving it seed doesnt work so well.

Now that you have the bird you can do 2 things

ones funny

ones objective

You can either go to the church in town and anger the priest hell kcik your ass so hard youll fly outta the church use the bird when guybrush says

"I could use a lift right about now.."

Youll use the bird but youll fall outta the sky outta, becuase the bird is not enough lift..

What the bird is objectively used for is...

Go back to the mansion yard..and use the bird with the dog..to see antoher cutscene, after the cutscene youll get grog..

Grog can get you killed or furtyher in the game

Im going to first off tell you how to get killed by grog..Go to the church again feed grog to the priest..and watch..it will mean a game over for you but itll be halarious and I give you a saving point to satrt over right before you feed it to him...

What the grog is used for to progress further into the game...

go to the vodoo shop again youll notice its locked..use the grog on the key icon that appears when your crusor is over the door to the vodoo shop...

Youll get in the vodoo shop.

There you must find something..Im going to at this time called it the mr.t

Its where the vodoo barrel used ot be ..click there..but wait!

dont click there yet..first click on the vodoo sofa for pointless violence...

get the mr.t from the palce where the vodoo chair used to be..your magicaly outside now..lol

Now go back to the church to do one of two things...

Comical: use mr.t (vodoo bomb) with priest..halarious game over

Objective :insult priest , your outside again guybrush will say

"I could use a lift right about now.."

Use the impact bomb on the ground now!

and thats , that a few more extremely halarious cutscenes and the game is over...

:mrt:

Herman: "boys its is sure is very windys herba jerba"

Carla: "the creator of the game is probablys too lazi to have the karakturs close doors"

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAH...

Monkeydang, I am amazed that people like you exist in the same world as the rest of us.

joex thanks...

lechimp does that mean you like it?

I mean is my retardness special and a unique experience..

use the walkthrough i made i want you to see all of my game..

thank you alot lechimp I made the walkthrough with you in mind mainly, but of course its there for everyone to use..

You had me laughing just by reading what you said about it..I agree game play sucks..but if people notice my retarded ingenious humour maybe a real fan project will pick me up.

I not insulted you said retarded! because it sounds like my own sort of retarded..adn thats the best there is...

I hope your trying to say that its a good job done..here maybe its just hard as of now..read the walkthrough and youll get the hand og the game play style...

thanks for posting it means alot.

I feel extremely good that you noticed the randomness..most great cartoons such as the simpsons or family guy are about 98% random themselves.. :mrt:

thanks again lechimp , and all you other posters..joex thank you.

this is how I get the ideas.. :frusty:

kingzester thank you..

please print off the miniture walkthrough Ive made so that you can fully experience it all. :mrt:

To all:

Your friend, Brian.

Ps: If I continue to hear this sort of impact.. Im making a sequel just for you 4 or 8 ..I cant count all of you.. its 12:00 and I need napps as it is..so even 12 seems late.

:frusty: this is how I get ideas.

Tue 05/03 61 (61)

Mon 05/02 68 (68)

Sun 05/01 56 (56)

heres how many individual hits Ive reached with the past 3 days.. :mrt:

I say no more I dont want to spamm you folk..I like you all so far. :yep:

:frusty: ..... :nuts: ...... :hah: