Sign in to follow this  
General Fuzzy McBitty

You've got to be shitting me.

Transformers Live Action Movie

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Michael Bay is in talks to direct the DreamWorks/Paramount live-action adaptation of "The Transformers," Hasbro's popular 1980s toy line of giant robots that morph into cars, trucks, planes, ships and other technological creations.

The move would reteam the director with DreamWorks, which is handling domestic distribution on the movie. Bay is helming DreamWorks' upcoming summer release "The Island," a co-production with Warner Bros. Pictures. (Warner Bros. is a division of Time Warner, as is CNN.)

Bay also would reunite with writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, who, under their two-year, first-look deal with DreamWorks, rewrote "Island" and wrote "Transformers."

The Transformers are divided into two groups of robots, one led by Optimus Prime, which believes in tolerance and the sanctity of life, the other by Megatron, which espouses survival of the fittest and the extermination of biological life.

A November 17, 2006, release date has been set. Bay's credits include the two "Bad Boys" movies, "Pearl Harbor," "Armageddon" and "The Rock."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/06/film.transformers.reut/

I know.... its one of those things where you go "oh cool!!!!" and then think for 3 seconds and realise that "oh no wait.. not cool at all"

plus Michael Bay? FFS

It will at least be hilariously epic looking for no reason. Which isn't necesarilly a bad thing. They are giant car robots the size of houses who fight and blow things up with loud wailing electric guitar.

No. the guy that did League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is...

Not that that was a crushing disappointment or anything...

But I hate 3D Transformers. Always have. They just don't have the character of their ill-animated 2D counterparts. And if they don't use the correct voices, OR go for 'new designs' in any way, I'm outta here.

Sources say that the story will focus more on the humans than robots. Look forward to a shit load of talking cars.

Hah, that was predictable. I imagine the plot will be something like The Iron Giant, although of course with more special explosions and less humanity.

That UK advert with the dancing transformer rip off is actually really good. If they had something like that with reeeeaaaally good voice acting then we'd be sorted.

If.

And it would have to occasionally be rediculously big for no reason.