Moosferatu

Time for a new Psychonauts thread

Do you think ebgames will be giving out the playing cards to people who pre-ordered before they started the promotion? Not that I have that problem because I just pre-ordered today (yeah, I know. I'm a terrible person, but I live in Europe and had to find someone to bring it over for me, so I have an excuse.), but I'm curious.

Also, was Yufster really Kingz all along, as Tim suggests?

Split personality bastard, has me all figured out.

He must have read the forums at some point if he knew that Stevan's avatar was Che Guevara. I suspect he's a frequent forum lurker on a few different forums. He's also the only reader of the COT that I'm aware of.

I'm proud that the COT is in a list of 'things worth reading', even if it's simply because he admires our complete lack of news.

But he is definitely not one to talk about people pretending to be other people keeping diaries instead of presenting actual news.

That's a pretty awesome bonus! I hadn't seen it before today.

I preordered in January at a local EB. I'm going to stop by after work today and see if 1) the promo applies to retail stores as well as online orders, and 2) I'll still get the deck of cards even though I preordered before they announced it as a bonus.

I'm guessing the answer is yes to both, because if it was online only, I could just cancel my preorder, get the balance as a gift card and order it online, depriving the store of revenue. I'm guessing that EB corporate wouldn't be too keen on encouraging the cannibalization of one of their divisions to the benefit of another.

And if they were only offering the bonus to people who ordered after it was announced, I could easily cancel my preorder and re-reserve it, which would make no sense at all. But I'll do whatever it takes to get that deck of cards!

You'd think that people who preordered before the deal went live would receive the goodies too, but don't hold your breath. I guess the easiest way to find out would be ask somebody who has preordered a bonus-ridden product from ebgames before.

On a side note, GameStop are giving out Psychonauts t-shirts with their preorders now.

WHAT!? I cancel my Gamestop order to take advantage of the playing cards and this happens? Fuck, time to buy another copy of the game for someone who doesn't exist.

Also, was Yufster really Kingz all along, as Tim suggests?

No, no, no... you got it all wrong:

Yufster is actually Tim Schafer.

And what's with the tie-dye shirts? I guess it's pretty groovy, maaaann.

:benstein:

The EB employee I spoke to this evening wasn't familiar with this particular promotion yet, but said that promotional items are distributed in the order in which the game was reserved, regardless of when the order was placed. So as long as they get the cards I should be safe, as I'm pretty sure I was the first (and may still be the only) person to preorder Psychonauts at that location.

I love the fact that Gamestop shows a plain white t-shirt. In keeping with the spirit of the game, I guess we're supposed to use our mental powers to project the actual shirt image onto that blank canvas.

Damn it! I want that shirt too. I was planning on getting the PC version eventually, but I don't really want to spend another $50 right now. Bah, chances are that once they start turning up on eBay they'll be going for $50 just for the shirt. Well, I hope the shirt is really ugly and not worth it. :hmph:

Isn't the PC version $30? Not that $30 is an insubstantial amount compared to $50, but it's a little less anyway.

I still haven't been able to get into my 2nd runthrough of KotOR 2; maybe I'll trade it in at GameStop to help pay for the PC version and get the shirt as well...

$30. Good point. I'm tempted to buy it now, but I don't think I'm going to. I'm betting it will be large or something. I can't stand wearing large shirts. Though, it would be sort of nice as a collectors item, but, then again, I'm not really a collector.

I just noticed that Psychonauts has been rated T for Teen. I was wondering if it was going to be rated E-10 (that one new rating that doesn't make sense), but I guess the dialogue may go a little wild in the game.

Is there a Psychonauts patch for sale? I'd sew it onto my denim jacket and show it off. :grin:
Nuh-huh, not a Psychonauts patch, but a Double Fine Baby -patch!

Just thought I'd mention that TeamXbox has some new coverage--nothing too earth-shattering, but they have a few nice videos if you're into that sort of thing.

Nuh-huh, not a Psychonauts patch, but a Double Fine Baby -patch!

Really? I'd love one! I'd have to find nice slim cotton t-shirt in a very nice jersey and sew it on the sleeve.

Do they sell 'em? Links, please?

hang on. this might be illegal.

Just check it with the man.

What man?

Man with the power.

What power?

Power of voodoo.

Who do?

You do.

What?

Check it with the man.