Moosferatu

Time for a new Psychonauts thread

Dance magic dance, jump magic jump! :woohoo:

Man, why did I have to visit the Pyschonauts site to see the new stuff? Now I'm pretty hyped and hype is not good... ;(

Are all this goodies for the Xbox version or for the PC one too? I'm not buying the Xbox one just for a T-shirt or some cards....

Even though the only reason I bought an Xbox was to play it... But that was before they decided to make the PC one... :erm:

That's fucking dirty. Don't quote The Labrynth.
It is not from the Labyrinth as such, the exchange goes far back. Now, I am not sure if it was an old jazz song or a black and white movie, or maybe both...

Where are my pants?

...nevermind.

Anyhow, I'm on the fence of which version of Psychonauts to pre-order (PC or X-Box) and the one reason I am on said fence is 'controller mechanism inquiry extravangaza.'

I have an ol' Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad... now, if that would perform the necessary functions (I don't care about having to hit 'Space' for 'Pause' or any junk like that), sweet. However, if the game requires three million buttons, I may have to snag a device to use my X-Box controller on my PC (I have heard rumors of their existence from cave trolls named Marge) or just say 'screw this' and fork out the extra twenty bucks.

Also, anyone know what size the shirts are in? I used to think it looked cool to wear a 'Large' t-shirt, but now I've decided it just makes you look fat.

Also, anyone know what size the shirts are in? I used to think it looked cool to wear a 'Large' t-shirt, but now I've decided it just makes you look fat.

If I were to guess -- large. After all, small people can always fit into big shirts, but big people can't always fit into small shirts.

If I were to guess -- large. After all, small people can always fit into big shirts, but big people can't always fit into small shirts.

Well then, said whales would have to go to the Underwater Athletic Club and loose some blubber.

Well, Gamestop automatically added the free shirt to my pre-bonus order. The question is, do I want the shirt, or the cards?

Has anyone ordered since the offer was on the page and, if so, was there any sign of what size the shirt is?

Also, anyone play the game at the GDC?

Only a month left! Woo hoo.

Oh, and as for the patches, they'd be cool, but we should contact Tim and see if he'll give us permission.

Really? I'd love one! I'd have to find nice slim cotton t-shirt in a very nice jersey and sew it on the sleeve.

Do they sell 'em? Links, please?

I don't think they do.

I'll mail Tim.

Oh, and as for the patches, they'd be cool, but we should contact Tim and see if he'll give us permission.

he said no.

but he cryptically said they might have something like that out soon.

cool.

now that I've drained all the mystery out of the game for myself, I've something else to wonder about.

I want an official patch because I hate that those kinds of t-shirts only come in size XXXXXXXXXL. I'm not a geek/sk8er boy type, I want my shirts to fit me, not the entire population of Brunswick all at once. That way, I can simply sew the patch on a nice basic t-shirt of my liking. Or a backpack, or whatever.

Also, I think there should be baby tees with the Psychonauts and DF logos, for the ladies. :grin:

And little tees for your favourite double-headed baby in your life.

I want an official patch because I hate that those kinds of t-shirts only come in size XXXXXXXXXL.
Aye! :owned:

When I saw what the shirt actually looks like, I made a trip to my local GameStop and preordered the PC version. It's like Tim says: In a life-or-death situation, it's best to have a loaner copy.

The GameStop clerk said the shirts are supposed to be in at the end of this month, which is pretty exciting; I just assumed I would get it at the same time as the game. Unless there's excellent artwork on both sides, I'm thinking of framing it, as I don't have much use for logo-y shirts anymore. Besides, I've been looking for some cool stuff to put on my walls.

seeing as ive never done the whole pre-order thing before, i have a question to ask ...

ebgames says the pack-o-cards are "while supplies last" ... does this mean :

(i) the amount of cards are limited to each store (so i'll get the cards as long as the supplies last in that store) OR ...

(ii) the amount of cards are limited to ebgames as a company (so i'll get the cards so long as x people havent pre-ordered before me)

thanx

SiN

seeing as ive never done the whole pre-order thing before, i have a question to ask ...

ebgames says the pack-o-cards are "while supplies last" ... does this mean :

(i) the amount of cards are limited to each store (so i'll get the cards as long as the supplies last in that store) OR ...

(ii) the amount of cards are limited to ebgames as a company (so i'll get the cards so long as x people havent pre-ordered before me)

thanx

SiN

I took that to mean that the first n customers to order get the shit.

I would doubt highly that the promotional items get resupplied in the online stores once they run out.

hmmm ... well, ill be heading off to the mall this tomorrow ... i guess i'll ask the guy at ebgames about it, although i'm willing to bet they wont know either ... hell, when i asked when psychonauts was being released they didnt even know the bloody game existed! :frusty:

SiN

Hey guys, did you know that Majesco Entertainment is now the Home of Advent Rising, Psychonauts, and BloodRayne?

Yes, the title text does not lie.

What sizes do those shirts come in?

We haven't seen anything to suggest that they come in more than one size, so presumably a larger one designed to contain the average gamer's girth.

I was never given a size option, but I did order before the shirts were offered.

We haven't seen anything to suggest that they come in more than one size, so presumably a larger one designed to contain the average gamer's girth.

I'm not fat, and I went through my clown sized fashion phase years ago. :grin: I want my clothes to fit, so screw that. I'll not pre-order.

I'm not fat, and I went through my clown sized fashion phase years ago. :grin: I want my clothes to fit, so screw that. I'll not pre-order.
I am fat, and I like how L clothes fit me, but more often than not I cannot fit into L, so I go with XL. My mother (somehow I always go clothes shopping when I am in close proximity of my mother) insists I wear XXL because of some bizarre notion she has of what a) fits me, B) looks nice on me, and c) I will grow into. :hah: