miffy495

Where's the DS love?

Expensive? The PSP ones will cost 20€ more! And those aren't the thrid party games even! ;(

Oh well - so psp games are like crazy fuck expensive.... it's just that I don't have that many money.... and pc-games are easier to come by far cheaper...

(= the bargain bin....)

I also had the experience when trying metroid - that the controls sucked... But you really just have to get used to them... and then they are really good.... also in mario 64 - I'm getting fond of the thumb-strap thingie... it's very smooth.... -man, crazy nintendo - but it really seems to work till now...

Expensive? The PSP ones will cost 20€ more! And those aren't the thrid party games even! ;(

Ahh - I just remembered.... you problably don't know about the danish consumer tax on +25%..... damkasdmkkfsdgnmkARHG

The biggest joke for me is of course that the game I look forward to most for the DS is the game that is the least DS-specific: Castlevania DS. The sequel to the excellent Aria of Sorrow! I love the Castlevania-series on the Gameboy and am frothing to get my hands on the DS version. Even though the only things to do with the stylus definitely fall into the gimmick-area: carving paths out of iceblocks and drawing pagan symbols to seal off bosses. Still, it looks so delicious ^_^ (pity they seem to have taken a more generic manga approach to the artwork, whereas they first had very beautiful, more distinct artwork)

Now I want a DS as well, right now :(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

EDIT: Damn you Marek - where is your funny comment - now I seem crazy... :deranged:

I suddenly have a DS myself @_@ How did that happen? Last thing I know I was coercing my friend to make use of an offer for a portable phone where you get two DSs for free (and then your stuck with a two-year contract), and then all of a sudden he comes walking in my room carrying that scrumptious device, and it's all mine, and it only cost me 100 Silverlings =D That's cheap!

It didn't have the Metroid Prime Hunters demo with it, but PictoChat is cool, and tomorrow I'm getting Polarium. Then maybe Mr. Driller. Secondhand, if I can find it.

Yoshi isn't out yet here, and Wario isn't my thing I think. I've played the demo a couple of times and the whole game for a while, but it really couldn't interest me. I need to have a story, some sort of input on a narrative level, no matter how slight.

I need to have a story, some sort of input on a narrative level, no matter how slight.

And you're going to buy Polarium? Two of the least narrative-centric games out there on the DS? Seriously, the cinematics in WarioWare, annoying as they may be, contain more narrative than all of Polarium.

Yeah, seriously. I mean, Poloarium, Mr. Driller, and Pictochat???

(Nothing against those games at all--but narrative they are not)

Just because I like narrative doesn't mean I can't enjoy a puzzlegame. Yeah I know, it's not a core rule I have or something. It's just I couldn't really see any lasting appeal for myself in Wario.

So far there aren't really any games that I have to have.

I need to have a story, some sort of input on a narrative level, no matter how slight.
Just because I like narrative doesn't mean I can't enjoy a puzzlegame. Yeah I know, it's not a core rule I have or something.

:eek:

My problems with the DS are as followed:

1. I dislike handheld gaming.

2. Nintendo (who I adore more than any thing else in the entertainment world) keeps recycling games.

3. Super Mario 64 DD is no more than a redundant upgrade, because they just didn't feel like making something new that will actually use the stylus properly, I'm sure that it's great, but it's not a $150 (more for us importers) system buying worth type of great.

4. Zelda DS is Four Swords Adventures DS, enough said (not that it was bad, again recycling).

5. They showed a new Mario, but where is it now?

6. A little pricy for us teen-aged bums.

7. Majority of third party games seem unoriginal (keep in mind, this system is supposed to be all about originality).

Now, Yoshi Touch & Go sounds great, and so does Feel The Magic, Kirby, and Wario Ware, but none of them actually make me want this pricy handheld.

Maybe in the future there will be something beautiful that will actually use the stylus properly. I hope that Nintendo will make something brand new that's more than just pick up and play (pick up and play is great, but I want something more for such a price).

Mr. T: I like NintendoDogs, they're so cute... fool. :mrt:

Although I have to no interest in it, I think Nintendogs could actually be the 'next big thing'. It combines the virtual pet concept with awesome graphics and puppies--children love it all! How could it fail? If this thing doesn't spiral into a phenomena atleast in Japan I will be shocked,

Everyone considers Nintendo as makers of games for kids and faggots, while the Sony system has deep meaningful quests involving anime characters BY SQUARE ENIX THE BEST THING EVER and that means that mature, cool people play anime games because they are playing kid mentality shit with adult themes.

Excuse me? I am gay and grown up and if I had the money I'd get the PSP, you bigoted breeder trash. :chaste:

Besides, most Nintendo games I never gave a damn about. Too fucking cutsie cutsie for me, and I'm not a Resident Evil fan, and I don't care about Mario and his minions, and all that. Besides, PSP has the very sexy Wipeout Pure [drools].

I just wish there was one big ass, damn serious adventure on the DS among the launch titles. I mean a game you can sink your teeth in.

(Sorry Chris, I know this is hard for you and I'm being confusing)

(Sorry Chris, I know this is hard for you and I'm being confusing)

Huh?? ;(:confused::sad:

I haven't seen an adventure game on a portable game system since they released Broken Sword on the GBA, unless you count cell phone adventures...

:erm:

I don't see many plot driven games in the DS's future excpet Another Code (jap site)...