Emma

Tell Us About Yourself

:confused:

yeah. after i read what i wrote yeste...today i'm also confused about this bunch of unorganized information squeezed into a few lines. but now i'm too lazy to edit something useful out of it. so simply accept it. yes.

The time the glazed christmas ham made the trains run on time is my favorite, but I'll save that story for another day.

Why do I like Eric Clapton in Cream, but not when he went solo?

I'm starting to like juice less and less as I become older, its too sweet. One of the few I can still get into is Apricot nectar, but thats hard to find in the US if you want it to taste good. Thats why every Thursday morning I pack my duffel bag with a sweater and a matching hotdog, and catch the bus to Lisbon. The rest of the week I just drink tea, like any upstanding citizen.

Why do I like Eric Clapton in Cream, but not when he went solo?

As long as you like Derek and the Dominos, you're cool.

I am a boy. I am 19. I am from Norway. My name is Håvard. I like adventure games. I like action games. I like playing games. I like the opposite sex. I like programming. Hi!

I'm 19, in the United Kingdom and study Literature. My name is Simon, but on the Internet I have previously gone by the name of 'Gonzo' and occasionally 'Captain Gonzo'. I still love the muppets, but I realised it was time to grow up and stop hiding behind the lovable big-nosed stuntman.

Obviously I like games and became aware of this site through Mixnmojo. I still dig the old adventure games the most and enjoy finding new underground creations in that genre, but I get excited about new stuff too, and play all kinds of different games. Psychonauts and Sid Meier's updated Pirates! are probably my most anticipated games of this year. Recently I've been getting retro and playing with the Sega GENS emulator, the old Megadrive (or Genesis if you're American) games are fun to go back to.

I'm also big on films (Spielberg, Leone, old Coen Bros., Tarantino, animation) , TV (favourite show ever = Futurama), and comics (which I also sometimes try to make). As a Literature student, sometimes reading lots of novels can seem like a 'bus driver's holiday' if you know that phrase, but I enjoy stuff like Pratchett from time to time.

In the interests of disclosure (and community!):

Ich heisse Seán Óg Murphy!

Ich wohne in Cork, Irland!

Ich bin 20 Jahre alt!

Ich studiere Computer Science in UCC (Cork)!

Ich spreche kein Deutsch!

Ah, an Irishman.

How is the good old Emerald Isle today, eh??? My great great grandmother was from Ireland. Well, she was from the UK, but it's all the same. Especially with the Euro Tunnel connecting them up now.

I hear you guys have alcohol made of potatoes? That's cool.

Hey, here is an interesting fact about Ireland: Ireland is the only Catholic Country in Europe. Well, except for the France, technically. Which is actually Godless.

It must be weird speaking gealic all day. Your English is pretty good for a second language. Are all your TV programmes in Irish too? Haha, and your video games! How bizarre to play Grim Fandango in Irish! Would they have an Irish Accent, or put on a Mexican one? Would they speak Irish with a Mexican Accent? Is that even possible?

Ah, an Irishman.

How is the good old Emerald Isle today, eh??? My great great grandmother was from Ireland. Well, she was from the UK, but it's all the same. Especially with the Euro Tunnel connecting them up now.

I hear you guys have alcohol made of potatoes? That's cool.

Hey, here is an interesting fact about Ireland: Ireland is the only Catholic Country in Europe. Well, except for the France, technically. Which is actually Godless.

It must be weird speaking gealic all day. Your English is pretty good for a second language. Are all your TV programmes in Irish too? Haha, and your video games! How bizarre to play Grim Fandango in Irish! Would they have an Irish Accent, or put on a Mexican one? Would they speak Irish with a Mexican Accent? Is that even possible?

Shut up, Pooper, ye Queen of Lies!

You know, I always thought Cork was on the Discworld... silly me...

How bizarre to play Grim Fandango in Irish! Would they have an Irish Accent, or put on a Mexican one? Would they speak Irish with a Mexican Accent? Is that even possible?

.....You just blew my mind.

Shut up, Pooper, ye Queen of Lies!

No, seriously. They ferment the potato skins or something. I don't know how they do it, but they do make alcohol from potatoes.

And it's illegal, because the tribe leader wants them to drink Guinness.

Seriously.

It is true! It is true!

It is all so very you!

I shall wear my trouser bottoms rolled.

No, seriously. They ferment the potato skins or something. I don't know how they do it, but they do make alcohol from potatoes.
That is how you make home-made vodka. You just distill a whole shitload of junk left over after dinner.

The Russians and the Irish... so alike.

...The Russians and the Serbians. So alike.

In the interests of disclosure (and community!):

Ich heisse Seán Óg Murphy!

Ich wohne in Cork, Irland!

Ich bin 20 Jahre alt!

Ich studiere Computer Science in UCC (Cork)!

Ich spreche kein Deutsch!

wohooo...irish who try to write in german. that's at least as disgusting as austrians who try to write in english.

soooo if you understand german, here's something for you, mr irish:

Ihr irren Iren irrt verirrt irisch durch die irrsinnig irische Kuhdarmfabrik!

sooo...translate it! come on! prove that you don't speak german!

ohh...and i could be bachelor of computer science in about one year. but i don't want to. hahahahahaha!

annother question: are all irish forced to learn german?

Reverso-challenge response!

English to German! Go!

They were erected in a purvious century, as a hen fine coops and, if you know your Bristol and have trudged the trolly ways and elventurns of that old cobbold city, you will sortofficially scribble a mental Peny-Knox-Gore.

Perhaps you know not wot of you deal!

Reverso-challenge response!

English to German! Go!

They were erected in a purvious century, as a hen fine coops and, if you know your Bristol and have trudged the trolly ways and elventurns of that old cobbold city, you will sortofficially scribble a mental Peny-Knox-Gore.

Perhaps you know not wot of you deal!

That sounds like Joyce.

You disgust me.

That sounds like Joyce.

You disgust me.

The.. • .is...!

.....Spot..On!

In regard to your chronologically proximal statement:

You excel at making friends! I am certainly looking forward to our summer spent together!

Tschuss!

Yeah. Too bad you don't have a summer in Ireland. Ha ha!

Hey, did you hear about that murder on the news? The one in Piltown, Kilkenny? That was me. I mean, uh, that was right outside my house.

The one I used to live in before I lived in San Francisco, obviously.