Emma

Tell Us About Yourself

Here's some pics from our E3 adventures. We wrote the press release one night at the hotel whilst eating pizza and randomly fucking around, so the writeup was just crammed with a zillion jokes, half of which didn't work due to poor editing.

Anyway, this is how the press release got back from Warcry:

warcrythumbs1.jpg

warcrythumbs2.jpg

And here's what Jake wrote back. The first bit refers to our business cards, which just read "http://www.idlethumbs.net" on the back and had the thumb logo on the front.

warcrythumbs3.jpg

Oh, by the way, the version of the press release that was actually sent out to the entire world by e-mail did not have the word "penis" in the headline. Just so you know.

Ah, good times. (Hint: we do not actually hate the Warcry people)

Nick said he was having a bad day, and even though I enjoyed the Press Release, he needed to rag on something when he found it. I always love encounters like that, as they present the opportunity for both parties to either become good friends, or quite the opposite. Warcry's got a lot of good people (especially me!), so it'd have been hard for me to believe that the latter would have occurred.

Now, as for the web design skill of Warcry... :tdown:

Chris and Marek are lying through their teeth of course.. We actually hate them all, including you. :finger:

¬ ¬

:grin: Actually I wasn't there the first day of the show. I drove down in the middle of the night and arrived in LA at 7:30am Thursday, slept for an hour, went to the show, and failed to contribute anything worthwhile.

What's that have to do with it? You were still there for the Warcry crap.

Also, that Neil Young reference at the end of the press release finally makes sense now that I Kill You is written.

What it has to do with it is that I wasn't even there when you wrote the press release.

Also, hi there everyone, I'm Jake. I write for the site.

Hi, I'm Troy McClure Kester. Been reading the site for a while, and thought I'd pop into the forums in the hope that they're as intelligent as the rest of the site!

PS: My favourite colour is green.

Been reading the site for a while, and thought I'd pop into the forums in the hope that they're as intelligent as the rest of the site!
I like toothpaste, and jam. :woohoo::clap::D

That would really scare me and lead me to think the HKU is the center of the universe, where all existence passes through at one point.

Heh. I just saw a Dutch-sounding name in your e-mail address and made a random guess. I'm glad the HKU is not the center of the universe. I was getting worried about that.

My father's Dutch. I am sadly entirely American other than that, born in Oregon, raise in South Miami, currently living in Jerry Falwell's home town. Damn you karma and/or fate. :hmph:

I am convinced that it is, if not the center, at least a knot of the universe or something.

Jaero, your words reveal that you had rather been Netherlandic?

Perhaps. It would be nice to have dual-citizenship and all, in case I'm required to flee this crazy country for one reason or another. If I were Netherlandic though, I would be bereft of one of my best pick-up lines. See, my mother is Jewish, and being mostly Netherlandic (at least in appearance), telling people that I'm an Aryan Jew seems to perk them right up.

:mock:

Hi, I'm Troy McClure Kester. Been reading the site for a while, and thought I'd pop into the forums in the hope that they're as intelligent as the rest of the site!

PS: My favourite colour is green.

I remember doing that with Adventergamers, except I was hoping the forums would be more intelligent than the website. Of course, they weren't.