Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Extended Family

Every so often, our Aunt Polly comes to visit. She's a hefty woman, and one of those extended family members that exists to criticize and belittle his or her brothers and sisters. Anyway, when she comes around, everything has to be pristine. Sparkling. No creases. Nothing.

About an hour ago, she called up and said she was on her way down from Dublin. Olivia and Mia are terrified of her, so they darted upstairs and begged Dad to help them get everything perfectly tidy.

"Aunt Polly is coming! She'll be here in twenty minutes!"

"Alright," Dad said, "You make sure everything is in place in the kitchen. I'll widen the front door and reinforce the staircase."

"Okay!" Olivia turned to sprint out, and then stopped, and turned back. "Wait. What?"

"He's just joking." said Mia.

"No he's not! Mom told me! Once, he made the doorway narrower so she couldn't fit through!" Olivia said accusingly, "You're not to take any supports away from the stairs, alright?!"

And the funny thing is, that's true. He DID once make the front doorway narrower, so our Aunt couldn't fit through. It worked though. She didn't visit for about a year after that.

He took off the frame, added a row of brickwork on either side, and then put the frame back (after 'altering' it to fit), and replaced the door.

It was ridiculously narrow.

When I was about ten, I remember coming home after a delightful ramble in the woods, to hear Mom saying, "There's some of Aunty Polly's soup on the stove", and I nearly had a heart attack. I just stood there looking from her to the front door, spluttering, "But how did she... did she... could she... where did she...?"

you and your family are completely entertaining insane. :clap:

...all except your lovely father.

Yes, his insanity is not so amusing.

I can't even think of anything funny to say right now.

What are you doing to your avatar?

--Erwin

i think it's slowly changing into a picture of Yufster to reveal the truth. :shifty:

20050209l.jpg

This seems as good a place as any to question the folds on Gabe's duvet...