Sign in to follow this  
Salka

3 Things that are Annoying Me

Firstly, in Halo 2, which I play on my brand new xbox, there seems to be a lot of this;

Drastic level-of-detail problems see you suddenly walking through a landscape of N64-like blandness (which disappears in an instant when the scenery textures are finally loaded), or approaching a fellow soldier only to recoil in horror because his face hasn't loaded yet.

Which I have never heard anybody else mentioning in reference to Halo 2. It's really irritating me. Is this normal?

Secondly, in the Irish TV ad for Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, the narrator calls it 'Rouge Agent'. What the fuck is a rouge agent? A Red Agent? Oh man, that makes so much sense in context with the game!!! I can't believe somebody okay'd an ad for national TV that gets the title of the product wrong.

Thirdly, I don't like when thread titles start with a number. It looks ridiculous.

Not allocated a number: I also hate it when you write a whole post and take care to seem polite and eloquent, and then your connection breaks as you're posting it, and you have to start all over again but you forgot the funny punchline that made it all worthwhile, and instead you're filled with pent up rage.

Testify!

Anyway, the LOD problems are kind of in every console game thats sprawling, and even in Pc games like HL2 if you really pay attention.

The only solution is: play on a shitty Television.

Secondly, in the Irish TV ad for Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, the narrator calls it 'Rouge Agent'. What the fuck is a rouge agent? A Red Agent? Oh man, that makes so much sense in context with the game!!! I can't believe somebody okay'd an ad for national TV that gets the title of the product wrong.

A rogue agent is someone who used to be an agent but betrayed their commanders. From what I've heard you play a rogue agent.

...Which I have never heard anybody else mentioning in reference to Halo 2. It's really irritating me. Is this normal?

Bungie had to make some sacrifices to totally eliminate load times between levels (so as to not interrupt the playing experience), and one of those was that objects sometimes have to render on the fly.

It really doesn't bother me that much. It is wierd looking though.

Man, you have it easy with Halo 2. What about Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast, where you'd turn the corner and find yourself driving while suspended in mid-air as the game desperately filled in the blanks? Now that was annoying.

What else is annoying? Three things? At the moment I nominate:

a) Half-Life 2. Man, the Combine are kinda dumb. Which suits me, but it's not really what I expect from 'advanced' AI.

B) Lack of time for playing Half-Life 2.

c) Ocarina of Time. Maybe in another six years I'll get past the forest template.

:innocent: Wait, no.

A rogue agent is someone who used to be an agent but betrayed their commanders. From what I've heard you play a rogue agent.

I know what a ROGUE agent is. They said ROUGE agent. As in, French for 'red'.

Man, what do you take me for?!

On a related note, WTF is powdered rouge?

"It is good to carry some powdered rouge in one's sleeve. It may happen that when one is sobering up or waking from sleep, his complexion may be poor. At such a time it is good to take out and apply some powdered rouge."

And secondly, what has powdered rouge got to do with changing into a suit and/or changing car lisence plates?

I know what a ROGUE agent is. They said ROUGE agent. As in, French for 'red'.

Maybe I'm just an ignorant American, but I've always pronounced 'rogue' and 'rouge' the same....

No!!! Ahhhh!

Rouge = Roo-j

Rogue = Row-g

I don't know what's worse; the fact I just got attacked by a wasp at 7am in the morning, or the fact you don't know rouge from rogue. And that's saying something, because I am petrified of wasps. I hate them nearly as much as I hate clowns. It makes me shudder to think that it was probably flying around and touching my face while I was sleeping. For about thirty minutes I just dancing around the room in my PJs, waving books and howling at this wasp that was following me. Finally, (we don't have fly spray) I sprayed him with half a bottle of air freshener. Eventually it burned his skin, disabling him for long enough for me to drop a book on him, and then smash the book repeatedly with a plank of wood, for about three minutes. I still haven't looked under the book but he's probably not dead yet.

Of course, the Air Freshener all came back down although it's supposed to dissolve in the air or something, and now my bed is damp and smells of fake chemical lavander.

Uh, powdered rouge is probably blusher or something to do with makeup.

AHHHG. This reminds me of the Neverwinter Nights forums. Being based on D&D 3, the thief was called a rogue. I remember endless posts from american teenagers asking "how do I get the best rouge?" I SUGGEST GOING TO THE FUCKING BEAUTY PARLOUR BECAUSE ROUGE IS FOR MAKING YOUR CHEEKS ROSY!!!!!!.... is wht I would tell them.

It's a soft J. I can't think of any way to write it phonetically. Roojsh?

Maybe I'm just an ignorant American, but I've always pronounced 'rogue' and 'rouge' the same....

WTF!? How could you possibly manage that? I understand that people might get the spelling wrong, typo or whatever, but to say them the same?

Moulin Rogue? I don't think so...

Maybe Scottish people say rooog with that rolling the r thing they do so well, have to tease bob about that later, haha.

Anyhows I heard it was better to pinch your cheeks realy hard.

I remember when I used to read the X-Men comics, and Rogue came into the story - that's when I learned the difference. Her rack was a big enough inspiration to get it right. Now... there is no better excuse - nor any excuse at all that I can think of aside from that.

Ah, the many nights spent dreaming that Gambit would blow himself up so I could have 'er. :naughty:

No!!! Ahhhh!

Rouge = Roo-j

Rogue = Row-g

Yeah, I'm sorry. Rouge is a word that doesn't come up much when I'm talking with friends, I normally only read it and don't give much thought to its pronunciation. Kinda like made-up names in fantasy books; when I hear them spoken in real life I never have any idea what, whoever used the name, was talking about.

Moulin Rouge...yeah, now it all makes sense. Thanks guys, you made profound difference in my life. :grin:

Ah, the many nights spent dreaming that Gambit would blow himself up so I could have 'er. :naughty:

Oh yeah, I agree. That girl was HOT! I also loved her voice. :sombrero:

--Erwin

Rouge and Rogue is bad enough. Lego and Legos is worse.

But the next motherfucker that mistakes Holly for Mistletoe is going to learn the hard way which is which. THIS IS NOT A SEXUAL REFERENCE.

Rouge and Rogue is bad enough. Lego and Legos is worse.

But the next motherfucker that mistakes Holly for Mistletoe is going to learn the hard way which is which. THIS IS NOT A SEXUAL REFERENCE.

Who on Earth would mistake holly for mistletoe?