Sign in to follow this  
jennegatron

Dota 2 - TI 6

I was nervous about my prediction about Wings winning TI, but opening up the group stages by trashing EG's filthy Huskar draft is an auspicious start. B)

I love the group stages. So much a different mood going on than later when any loss could mean elimination.

Yeah, the drafting seems so much more flexible too it is pretty great. It sounds like I need to watch game 1 of LGD and OG as well. I checked in for a minute, and it looked like OG was stomping, but I guess LGD ended up taking it?

My understanding of dota is rudimentary, but I enjoy watching it a lot. The OG vs Wings matches today were intense!

Yeah that was a great series. Also interesting seeing LGD and Secret fall apart.

Probably safe to assume that the top-performing teams of the group stage will suffer more in the group stages, as with previous TIs. Analysis gets focused on their drafting and playstyle, and there's at least two days for teams to find weaknesses in both. I'd be looking for one of the 2nd-4th place finishers to be the ones making the strongest runs in the bracket.

Dear god yes, this is made worse by how grating I find Tobi calling his ability "lassuu".

Man I expected Secret to have it tough in the group stage but this is pretty bad. Hope Puppey's team still make it to the finals or at least top3.

Dear god yes, this is made worse by how grating I find Tobi calling his ability "lassuu".

I don't think he knows how to pronounce words. If a team picks Ogre Magi in a game he is casting I just have to turn it off.

Man I expected Secret to have it tough in the group stage but this is pretty bad. Hope Puppey's team still make it to the finals or at least top3.

I think they won't make it two rounds.  They look god awful.  Maybe they can figure things out, but it looks like they can only win with cheesey huskar picks. 

I still believe in Liquid after that group stage. It's gotta just be part of the master plan... right?

Sure, Liquid can get a bit in. Until they lose to Secret at least.

I have such enmity for Secret right now after they knocked Liquid down to the lower bracket when it was impossible for them to get out anyway.

Just checked and the Box Office has "tons" of daily tickets available two hours after opening today, so I think I'm going to head down there on Wednesday and see if I can get in for the day, maybe see if I can wave at Brad Muir or Shoemaker.

I think they won't make it two rounds.  They look god awful.  Maybe they can figure things out, but it looks like they can only win with cheesey huskar picks. 

Agreed. I think they can beat LGD who have been having a similarly pretty bad tournament, but I wouldn't expect them to go further than that.

MVP just upset OG in game 1.  I know that MVP picks aren't in the meta so teams don't want to ban them, but I think giving them dark seer + spirit breaker + PA + Bounty is a bad idea.  They basically got all their favorite heroes.  I'd rather play against MVP with meta heroes than MVP with MVP heroes.  Fly is a great drafter and I don't expect them to get out picked twice in a row.

I think this TI's meta is probably the most open it's ever been with respect to drafting. Not a huge surprise that even the best drafters are getting caught with their pants down.

I think this TI's meta is probably the most open it's ever been with respect to drafting. Not a huge surprise that even the best drafters are getting caught with their pants down.

Definitely.  I think be prepared for teams is more important than ever.  At other TIs it felt like you could win but understanding the meta better.  This time around it seems it's all about understanding the match ups.